phpFox V4 Issues
After all mods, plugins, and third party add-ons are disabled, and once the upgrade is completed, can we delete all the v3 old site files? ...or will that cause problems with the new site? I don't want to waste space housing a bunch of old directories and folders that don't pertain to my v4 site after upgrading.
If you look at the cleaning up tutorial, just follow that guide. It is in the Documentation, menu link is to the left if you have the menus open. If not, click the button next to the logo to open them. There is a special v3 cleanup after upgrading tutorial. It is also linked in the forum post in the kb tutorial requests section.
If your site is large, you might want to wait for 4.4. as there are a lot of improvements coming for optimizations and it's also a full security check. This way, you don't upgrade too many times and disrupt the site since it's best practice to take a site offline before upgrading.
April 30, 2016 8:25 am
Posted By

I have been going through the firewall settings(even turned firewall off) in Plesk and still get "Invalid Site Address."

December 2, 2021 1:08 pm

I finally made it for google sign in function. I did it by creating a small app and following the instruction of Google.

This forum has really losen its charm. I miss 10 years ago when we had many nice contributors who were always ready to answer questions and share knowledge. Now the developer part has ben inactive since 2019.

November 24, 2021 1:56 pm

Sorry, been away from the computer for a bit.

Friends Only Profile  NOT SURE WHERE THIS IS

Just type in the search field in the admincp... Friends Only Profile

If that doesn't bring you to it then go to Apps/Friend/Settings

For Friends Only (Feed)  NOT SURE WHERE THIS IS

Just type in the search field in the admincp... Friends Only

If that doesn't bring you to it then go to Apps/Feed/Settings

I know they are not the issue as you stated, but I thought I would tell you where they are anyways in case you need them someday.

November 20, 2021 5:30 am

OR hear me out - how about a follow system - like IG - someone follows me but I don't have to follow them back. SIMPLE

I agree, but if the site has that kind of follow system the way phpfox has the settings is still complicated. Without the friend system members who create pages and groups will not have the ability to assign admin because you can only add admin which are your friend on the site, and without the friend system it's impossible 🤦 phpfox needs to add more setting options to their product and save us all a headache. Sites these days are not using a friends system it is so outdated. If Facebook get rid of the friend feature only then will phpfox follow their lead and add it as a feature.

November 19, 2021 4:40 am
julio
Posted By

It seems to be kind of policy to deliver a core software where not many features do work correct and then 3rd party developer try to offer customization of apps which are actually already part of the core software, but just do not work fine...and they offer that for high prices .. 

November 11, 2021 8:02 am
awg
Posted By

We have November, 2021.. and the better ads ist still a pain in the a...

nothings works, even upgarde destroyed my site... this app does not work at all. I suggest all of you not to use it. I am looking for an option... does anybody know a product with which I can offer ads for my members?

Thanks,

Gerald

November 8, 2021 11:53 am

welcome to be being blacklisted by email providers... like gmail... they will blacklist your site but notifications isn't a priority for phpfox. You have to find a freelancer who can go through tons of code to find it and disable it... but as soon as an update comes out it wipes that out and you are back to being blacklisted... but no biggie 

November 7, 2021 11:43 pm

Have you tried your last backup?

Working with phpfox you need to be very attentive, because from time to time some ghosts appear

so true! I like the software, but it is such a pain in the a..   sometimes wired things happen. My site crashed after upgrading better ads and I still can not login in admincp

November 4, 2021 7:21 am

Hi Hasan,

Please check your findings as below:

For question 1, kindly note that for Page module, user cannot join the page, they can see and take part in page's activities by liking it.
For 2, 3 and 4, please go to Manage Page>Editing Page>Choose Permissions and set privacy for that page.

Regards,
Vinny Ms.

November 2, 2021 9:17 am