phpFox V4 Issues
After all mods, plugins, and third party add-ons are disabled, and once the upgrade is completed, can we delete all the v3 old site files? ...or will that cause problems with the new site? I don't want to waste space housing a bunch of old directories and folders that don't pertain to my v4 site after upgrading.
If you look at the cleaning up tutorial, just follow that guide. It is in the Documentation, menu link is to the left if you have the menus open. If not, click the button next to the logo to open them. There is a special v3 cleanup after upgrading tutorial. It is also linked in the forum post in the kb tutorial requests section.
If your site is large, you might want to wait for 4.4. as there are a lot of improvements coming for optimizations and it's also a full security check. This way, you don't upgrade too many times and disrupt the site since it's best practice to take a site offline before upgrading.
April 30, 2016 8:25 am

Hello eazydoesit,

This folder .trash ( /home/*******/.trash ) not belongs to phpFox source code so if there is no site on the server except the phpFox site, yes, it could be deleted.

About deleting users, we can help you delete the spam users via custom work which incur additional cost as long as you can provide us the list of the remaining users. If you are interested, kindly open a new ticket via our client area: https://clients.phpfox.com/ , then our team will get in touch with you shortly.

Btw, in order to prevent the spam users, you can have a look at the below blog articles:

https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2019/how-to-prevent-phpfox-community-from-spam/
https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2019/how-to-stop-spamming-on-your-phpfox-community-part-2/

Regards,

Vinny.

May 12, 2022 10:52 am

Hello Naresh,

We believe that we already assisted you with the issue via our client area and it has been resolved:))))

Have a nice day!

Vinny.

May 12, 2022 10:12 am

But what if you want to remove or change a custom gender and make it available for a specific user group? In that case it will not work the way you described.

I try to remove all custom genders and add new ones, how can I do that?

As you can see in the attachemnet, in the backend there are only 3 genders, but in the frontend there are 5. The gender items appear even after removing.

May 6, 2022 10:29 am

with most browsers, when you log in the first time, it will ask if you want to save the password..some of your members are probably selecting 'no' , so they have to manually enter it each time

This issue is for me even in the App for some members  :(((((

May 1, 2022 8:45 pm

Interesting. What is the objection? The app is wholly self-hosted, and all data is only stored locally. None off the data is communicated to or shared with our server or any third party. We have been in business since 1999 with clients /  websites (large and small) who number in the thousands.

May 1, 2022 5:14 pm

Hello CryoWebToken,

Sadly, currently, our default platform doesn't support swapping the profile and info button on a user's profile, we deeply apologize for this inconvenience. However, this improvement is on our list and it will be considered in our future updates. We also thank you for sharing this problem.

Have a great day!

Vinny.

April 20, 2022 10:32 am

I think you don't have Groups or Pages activated (you have to have both). If this is the case, it's a known bug, already reported by me a month ago... but.. as "things move" with PHPFox... still not fixed (considering it's a pretty major bug) :unamused: 

You can see more here: https://github.com/PHPfox-Official/phpfox-v4-issues/issues/3035

Only solution is to roll back to the previous forum version.

Hi !

Yes 

Just i activated the groups app and now show forum correctly .

Yes it is a bug .

Thank you very much

April 18, 2022 4:07 am

Tried on clean install, with same scenario, forum latest version and groups deactivated, the error is there. If the groups are activated, everything is fine. The problem is, I don't want groups on me site, so, any suggestion? Fix? (currently I rolled back to the previous version of forum). I don't know how a module is released and not tested on a simple scenario like this...

March 21, 2022 12:56 pm

Liviu, if I am remembering correctly (being old and all) I thought if your get locked out you could clear the cache files manually on your server, and then you would be able to log in as admin.  If that occurs...

March 21, 2022 12:56 am