phpFox V4 Issues
After all mods, plugins, and third party add-ons are disabled, and once the upgrade is completed, can we delete all the v3 old site files? ...or will that cause problems with the new site? I don't want to waste space housing a bunch of old directories and folders that don't pertain to my v4 site after upgrading.
If you look at the cleaning up tutorial, just follow that guide. It is in the Documentation, menu link is to the left if you have the menus open. If not, click the button next to the logo to open them. There is a special v3 cleanup after upgrading tutorial. It is also linked in the forum post in the kb tutorial requests section.
If your site is large, you might want to wait for 4.4. as there are a lot of improvements coming for optimizations and it's also a full security check. This way, you don't upgrade too many times and disrupt the site since it's best practice to take a site offline before upgrading.
April 30, 2016 8:25 am

In my case, it turns out that phpFox did not like the way I had set up my cron job on my iMac-based server. Rather than use the LaunchControl app to set it up -- as I have been doing for years with my WordPress installation -- I had to set it up a completely different way using the macOS Terminal app. Once I did that, not only did video uploads begin to work properly, but a bunch of other stuff -- such as email notifications -- suddenly began to work as well.

April 26, 2021 3:51 pm

Hi Social Media,

Thank you for your suggestion.

It is a really interested and useful feature. I will add it to our suggestion list and it will be analyzed and considered carefully in our future upgrade.

Regards,

Hannah

April 20, 2021 9:20 am

Hi Parvesh

I agree with you. I am considering puchasing chatplus for my network. Since you have got it, what are your intial thoughts. Is it worth having on the site. Does the IM work well. What about audio call, video call and group video chat, how are they performing. Did you get a managed server from phpfox ? I am looking for a managed server, which company would you recommend. Any feedback and assistance would be greatlt appreciated.

April 19, 2021 8:22 pm

Hi Social Media,

Thank you for your suggestion, our development team will review and consider having necessary improvements in the future versions. Also, you can use our Customization service to add custom features on your phpFox site if needed.

Have a nice day ahead and stay safe.

Regards,

Hannah

April 14, 2021 4:44 am

Not sure as it might affect more than just the photo area but the easiest would just remove that option for the drop-down box.  Remember everyone besides Jonathan ;) --that this will be over-written with any update or upgrade.

PF.Base/module/privacy/include/component/block/form.class.php

Remove or Grey out from line 43 - 46

$aPrivacyControls[] = array(                 'phrase' => _p('friends_of_friends'),                 'value' => '2'             );

April 12, 2021 4:48 pm

I am not sure at all, but posting images without identifying or giving credit to who owns them might protect you legally.  Not sure, hopefully, someone smarter than me will chime in here.

April 8, 2021 2:18 am

Hi Naresh,

Currently, phpFox default platform doesn't support to prohibit the uers post the URL in their newsfeed, but may I know your purpose for this work? Could you share it with me?

Await for your response. 

Vinny Ms.

Hi,

Spammers are posting their random urls which finally post a pic from their home page also. I am just wondering wheather this is good for my site as people may click the url which will give more authority to my site ?.

Thanks

April 3, 2021 4:07 am