phpFox V4 Issues
After all mods, plugins, and third party add-ons are disabled, and once the upgrade is completed, can we delete all the v3 old site files? ...or will that cause problems with the new site? I don't want to waste space housing a bunch of old directories and folders that don't pertain to my v4 site after upgrading.
If you look at the cleaning up tutorial, just follow that guide. It is in the Documentation, menu link is to the left if you have the menus open. If not, click the button next to the logo to open them. There is a special v3 cleanup after upgrading tutorial. It is also linked in the forum post in the kb tutorial requests section.
If your site is large, you might want to wait for 4.4. as there are a lot of improvements coming for optimizations and it's also a full security check. This way, you don't upgrade too many times and disrupt the site since it's best practice to take a site offline before upgrading.
April 30, 2016 8:25 am
Posted By

PHPFOX / METAFOX has a lot of potential... I am not hating on them or their product. I am just disappointed in the product. I mean phpfox has been around for a LONG time and they have all these plugins - but none of them work in the app. 

I just believe that for what I have paid for the ultimate license, live plugin, native apps, other plugins they should have a better product. 

I simply believe that their main goal (maybe their only goal) is to sell as is and never add to it. 

It's just sad that others are in the market with more advanced features for far less. 

TikTok videos are COMMON PLACE in other platforms. Yet, they want you to pay for custom work... maybe you should just do the custom work because people are spending a lot of money to buy your license... then buy your plugins... so maybe to create a better product you guys would have a platform that could embed tiktok videos... I could list of a lot of other things that the product should just have but I talked about that in another post.

I would like to see PHPFOX optimize for engagement. Create something for creators... You charge a lot for your product... I just feel that would warrant the natrual progression of improvement. That's all.

January 26, 2023 3:03 pm

This is somewhat unusual. Out of the box, the server's php software has a 2MB size limit. I've seen a 10MB default file size in phpfox product itself. I'm not sure where the 5Mb limit you're seeinig comes from?

I would highly suggest you review the phpfox v4 documentation on the subject, specifically the following pages:
https://docs.phpfox.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=32899276
https://docs.phpfox.com/display/AD/Optimize+PHP+settings

Additionally, if you're a server guy and you know what you're doing, check your system's php.ini file. It may NOT be in /etc!!!
Drop a phpinfo page on your site and double check what php.ini your installation uses. Or alternatively, contact your hosting provider's support folks and ask them to increase the php max upload size and max post size. They should be able to do this for you fairly easily.

Hopefully this helps your specific case.

Thank you very much t3ln3t !  ... excellent information! 

Have you some good news:  found the setting to change this limit...im not sure why is there but here you go:

John Jr helped me to track the error text: "Unable to upload. You have reached the limit of 5 Mb. With this upload it will use more ..." in Globalization>Phrases...and he found that was related to the User App.

Went to Members>Usergroup Settings and found this in User App/module: "The total amount of space a user can use when uploading to the server (eg. photos, videos, songs etc...) in megabytes (mb). Set to "0" for unlimited space."

It is the #26 setting from top...more or less...Then checked all my usergroups quota...none of them was set to 5...except one: REGISTERED USER

Changed it...to another number and Voila !! the limit size when uploading a photo in pages...AS PAGE..not AS MEMBER...changed to the new one i wrote.

It would only remain to understand the relationship between registered users and uploading a photo(or video) in pages as the page not as member.

January 25, 2023 4:19 am

Thank you John and t3ln3t! for your feedback on this topic. A couple of members this year have written me about this situation, but I think they may have forgotten their passwords.

December 13, 2022 5:03 am

What Paul responded with is really good! Concise and simplified.
Cloudflare can do some really good stuff if you write proper page rules.
They have really good support and docs. I highly recommend you look at the docs.

Udemy actually has a really really good course on setting up Cloudflare and they do a deep dive into Page Rules, which is fantastic!

here's the udemy cloudflare course. it's 10 bucks USD.
https://www.udemy.com/course/setting-up-cloudflare-page-rules-deep-dive

Cloudflare's docs for understanding and configuring page rules:
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/218411427-Understanding-and-configuring-Cloudflare-Page-Rules-Page-Rules-Tutorial-

They have just shy of a dozen pretty good articles that dive into page rules as well:
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/sections/200805137-General

The basic idea here is to cache the stuff that EVERYONE uses, regardless of anything else.
CSS, images, javascript (content that really doesn't change from user to user) are what you want to cache. Please take care to put your astrisks (wildcards) in the proper place however. Tr*t can match a whole lot of things. Be Careful!

There are a whole bunch of videos on YouTube that cover Cloudflare Page Rules. You might find that easier than reading a bunch of documentation and support articles. I would recommend you start with Cloudflare's own content before you go watching some guy ...
Here's one from Cloudflare titled maximize bandwidth savings with page rules. it's slightly more than 2 minutes of your time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY7CCAaJsHE

November 28, 2022 9:22 pm

Just a caution. Why they advise against modifying stuff in the code...
If you have edits, but they improve or modify the files you're also modifying, just throwing the old ones back in their place could break what the developers are working on as well. It's risky!

It's a huge PITA, but you might want to look at what you're overwriting, before going and overwriting with your modified files.

Thankfully, comparing them should be as simple as running a diff command on your system and then carefully reviewing the differences between the files. If there's more than you're expecting, you might have to carefully re-apply your custom edits.
Just be super careful. I can see why they advise against it and void your support if you're doing edits to core files!

October 28, 2022 8:59 pm

Dear Rich,

This is a specific issue on your site only, could you please open a support ticket and provide us with your information so we can check it?

Regards,

Hannah

October 24, 2022 6:53 am

Hi Naresh,

We are a bit confused about your purpose. However, if there are no changes to the database structures of your phpFox site, you can simply download the phpFox package in Client Area and overwrite source files on your server to have fresh code.

October 12, 2022 4:53 am

Hi Terry,

I am sorry for misunderstanding your questions. I would like to explain the feature as below:
1. If a user/member tries to view the photo which is created on a page then the system will redirect them to the photo detail page and focus on the Photo menu, this is not a  bug, it's a rule of our platform.
2. If you are logging in as a Page, the main menu of the site will be automatically hidden, then you can view the photo within the page or group and it won't redirect you to the Photo module.

Hope the above information is helpful for you.

August 16, 2022 8:45 am