phpFox V4 Issues
After all mods, plugins, and third party add-ons are disabled, and once the upgrade is completed, can we delete all the v3 old site files? ...or will that cause problems with the new site? I don't want to waste space housing a bunch of old directories and folders that don't pertain to my v4 site after upgrading.
If you look at the cleaning up tutorial, just follow that guide. It is in the Documentation, menu link is to the left if you have the menus open. If not, click the button next to the logo to open them. There is a special v3 cleanup after upgrading tutorial. It is also linked in the forum post in the kb tutorial requests section. If your site is large, you might want to wait for 4.4. as there are a lot of improvements coming for optimizations and it's also a full security check. This way, you don't upgrade too many times and disrupt the site since it's best practice to take a site offline before upgrading.
April 30, 2016 8:25 am

Thanks, also some good pointers there. I love comments and love colors. If someone looked at books I read before the internet was commonplace they would swear I was the one who developed color coding of code that is now widely used. My wife has laughed at me for decades on my incessant use of highlighters when I read/study. She thinks it's funny how virtually every line is highlighted. She sees using highlighters (the way most people do) as a method to highlight importance whereas I see using coloration and highlighting as a method of organizing thought.

I did follow the upgrade guide on permissions. It may be that initial clone however had permission issues not directly related to the upgrade permissions. 

I initially tried the zip/unzip method similar to what you described but still had issues. I do not understand why but sometimes direct file transfers work better. I have been told that intelligent FTP programs can sometimes better understand when a file needs to be transferred in binary mode, which can have an impact on permissions. My site's are rather large and have tons of user generated content so this of course does have the drawback of elongated file transfer times, which I am in the middle of now. If it however corrects the perceived permission problem then the time lost (while doing other tasks in the meantime) will be more than made up for on the savings used to troubleshoot.

March 10, 2021 2:28 am

They may have...they just don't post it here I guess.  I got your email to test it out but I don't have a apple phone.  I really don't have a phone to test since my kids have galaxy s9 and my motherinlaw has a galaxy s10 and I have a

Galaxy S5

so sad.... :)

haven't found a reason to upgrade yet ;)

John, thanks for responding. You will be able to help me with testing once I have the first build of the Android version of the CSNet app. I am not sure how soon that will be. Maybe this week? Once I do have the first Android build, I will send out another email invitation to all of our Christian Social Network members. The Galaxy does run the Android OS, right?

March 8, 2021 5:49 am

What I ihave understood is that :

1. Subscription packages cannot be edited. 

2. If I need to change the package cost , then I should create a new package with new cost. Disable the older package. So the users who had older package will not be able to renew and they will have to buy newly created package. Right ?

But I have another query. Can I create the new package with a different currency ? 

March 8, 2021 3:47 am

The first issue I've run into is that my Apple developer account is individual. That means that I can't invite phpfox to my account to use the developer tools. You need a company account to do that. Phpfox doesn't say that on the purchase screen. Maybe it's buried in their how-to documents. So the only way I could have them use my developer acct is to give them my Apple ID information which will NOT happen. 

Koern, the phpFox team makes it very clear in their online instructions -- see the URL below -- that you MUST give them your Apple login credentials in order for them to build the iOS version of your customized app. Yes, I too find that disconcerting, but there is no other way around it if you want them to build customized iOS and Android apps for your site.

For the record, I bit the bullet and I am currently going through the build process right now. In fact, I already submitted all of my assets to phpFox, and we are currently testing the first build of my iOS app for my website at https://www.csnet.live.

Once my iOS app is submitted to and approved for the App Store, I will then be changing my Apple ID password for the sake of security. If phpFox needs to make a new build, then I will give them my changed password at that time.

You may not find the above acceptable -- I can't say that I blame you -- but that's just the way it is. You can learn more about all of this here:

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/How+to+request+to+build+your+Premium+Mobile+app

March 6, 2021 9:34 am

Hi Karl Kunc,

We did not get your opinions. Could you explain the below things:

1. What permissions that you grant for "subscription administrator rights"?

2. What configuration settings or notifications that the user could not access when his account is expired?

3. What app that you mentioned in "and logged in as the user via the apps ", is it phpFox mobile app?

Please kindly open a support ticket with your adminCP information and the expired account information so we can check this issue.

Regards,

Hannah

February 24, 2021 10:25 am

Jonathan,

TIP:  When you attached a picture, it is small.  Click on the picture once to select it. Then right-click and select image properties and under the URL put the cursor on the URL and click END on your keyboard.  Then remove _view from the URL  and click OK.  It doesn't help a lot...but it helps a little :)

February 14, 2021 3:28 am

That's a CSS thing.

Click THEME "edit" go into the CSS section.

Example. In there you add css like this.

.css{

.font-size: 24px;

}

ect.  add your stuff there to modify the font sizes and ect.

February 12, 2021 10:23 pm