phpFox V4 Issues
After all mods, plugins, and third party add-ons are disabled, and once the upgrade is completed, can we delete all the v3 old site files? ...or will that cause problems with the new site? I don't want to waste space housing a bunch of old directories and folders that don't pertain to my v4 site after upgrading.
If you look at the cleaning up tutorial, just follow that guide. It is in the Documentation, menu link is to the left if you have the menus open. If not, click the button next to the logo to open them. There is a special v3 cleanup after upgrading tutorial. It is also linked in the forum post in the kb tutorial requests section.
If your site is large, you might want to wait for 4.4. as there are a lot of improvements coming for optimizations and it's also a full security check. This way, you don't upgrade too many times and disrupt the site since it's best practice to take a site offline before upgrading.
April 30, 2016 8:25 am

Liviu, if I am remembering correctly (being old and all) I thought if your get locked out you could clear the cache files manually on your server, and then you would be able to log in as admin.  If that occurs...

March 21, 2022 12:56 am

Hello Koern,

If you are stuck with integrating your apps into phpFox mobile apps, you can consider working with us to do that via custom work which incurs additional costs. If you are interested, please contact us via our client area.

Have a great day!

Vinny.

February 28, 2022 9:17 am

Check your folder permissions on upload folder or check your upload size maybe it's too small.

Path for upload folder?
After installation in /PF.Base/ the folder "upload" there is not
Is normally? Little bug? I need to create manually?
If yes permission to set is 777 recursive?

February 25, 2022 7:27 pm

In this case i think two questions:
An error in language pack
Permission on folder language
Maybe you can tray to donwload form default, 
than you will renamne that in your language,
and tray to import, if work is your language pack the problem..

February 25, 2022 7:10 pm

Do you have Plesk or cPanel?

In Plesk you PHP info and change:

upload_max_filesize for 2m to 10m

post_max_size from 2m to 8m

These new sizes seemed to work ok, but you can pick whatever you want.  I don't know cPanel though, but it probably has some area to change your php.ini file.

I had the same issue/error when I first started using a dedicated server.

February 8, 2022 1:56 am
DanShea
Posted By

Thnaks for the info. I'll just build a simple one with android studio and use WebView. That should do everything I am looking for it to do.

Dan

January 14, 2022 6:54 pm

Hi all, 

To begin with, let me explain a little bit about One-way friendships setting.  When you send a ONE-WAY Friendship request to someone, that person will be automatically set as your friend in your friend list without waiting for their acceptance.

For example: when Member A adds Member B as one way friend, it means Member A consider Member B as his/her friend and member B will appears in Member A's friend list. In this case, activities/posts by member A will be visible on member B feeds, but NOT the reverse. This is not a bug, the setting is working properly as its rule, please help us note.

Btw, I also would like to inform that the feature "following" as other social medias as Twitter, Instagram,.. currently doesn't exist in phpFox default platform, however, in our Store, we see that there are having some third party apps which support to that function, you can install them into your site.

Please be assured that  this improvement is on our list and it will be considered in our future updates.

Have a great day ahead and stay safe!

Vinny.

yes there is a third party follow system, which is an important feature these days. But there follow system doesn't support the main feed. I did purchase that app and after I purchased I realized it doesn't show the following feed on the main feed. So again it was a waste of money.

January 11, 2022 2:25 pm

Not sure exactly if you are asking for PAGES title or webpages title but check to see if this does anything.  I don't have any documentation for PAGES or GROUPS for title info so this is a guess as I have not tested it.

PF.Site/Apps/core-pages/views/controller/add.html.php

line number: 63-66

<div><input type="hidden" name="val[title]" value="{$aForms.title|clean}" maxlength="200" size="40"/></div>                 <a href="{permalink module='apps' id=$aForms.app_id title=$aForms.title}">{$aForms.title|clean}</a>                 {else}                 <input name="val[title]" value="{value type='input' id='title'}" maxlength="64" size="40" class="form-control close_warning" id="title"/>

Let me know what it actually does if you change it :)

January 11, 2022 5:31 am