phpFox V4 Issues
After all mods, plugins, and third party add-ons are disabled, and once the upgrade is completed, can we delete all the v3 old site files? ...or will that cause problems with the new site? I don't want to waste space housing a bunch of old directories and folders that don't pertain to my v4 site after upgrading.
If you look at the cleaning up tutorial, just follow that guide. It is in the Documentation, menu link is to the left if you have the menus open. If not, click the button next to the logo to open them. There is a special v3 cleanup after upgrading tutorial. It is also linked in the forum post in the kb tutorial requests section. If your site is large, you might want to wait for 4.4. as there are a lot of improvements coming for optimizations and it's also a full security check. This way, you don't upgrade too many times and disrupt the site since it's best practice to take a site offline before upgrading.
April 30, 2016 8:25 am

Thanks. The issue has been resolved.  I installed ImageMagick on my server, restarted apache and rebuilt the core theme on phpfox. 

November 10, 2020 12:30 pm

what version you using ? was it upgrade from what version of phpfox, do you use third party apps ? try turing off third party apps and see if they are the issue ?

what OS you use> centos 7 8 ubuntu ?

phpversion nginx? 

November 8, 2020 8:58 pm

OMG...it worked and extremly fast...about 10 mintues.  I wish I would have known about this earlier LOL.  Back in the day, I used the FTP method of uploading because I did not know about just uploading the file to your website's cpanel directory.  Is there a way to update the Upgrading Your phpFox Website page?  It currently has a "Hint: If you have cPanel you will have a File Manager that has an Unzip feature. You could ZIP up those files/folders and upload the one ZIP file. Then unzip it on your server."  I must have missed this while reading because it is in italic and just a "hint"  The instructions need to be more clear with a better direction for new people or people like myself who did it an old, long way hahahaha, like adding a screenshot of how to upload it to your website's server and unzipping it.

Thank you very much, Hannah.  You're awesome. :-)

November 8, 2020 1:42 am

Hi spirog,

We already replied to you via ticket system, by the way, we add a comment here so that everyone can view it:

1.) Can I install Plesk control panel or any control panel so I can have better control of security on the Ubuntu server the one you will install chatplus server? 
- Answer: Yes, you can.

2.) When reading docs for install chatplus it says we need to add 2 subdomains - example: chat.yourdomain.com & voip.yourdomain.com
Question: will these subdomains be installed on Ubuntu server (chatplus server) or on my other centOS 7 server where I have phpfox installed? 

- Answer: These subdomains need to configure to your new server (Ubuntu) where the Chatplus server will be installed on.

if on the ubuntu server, how will it work with subdomains because my website is example.com and Ubuntu server will be mywebsite.com and not be same domain as phpfox site ? 
- Answer: I can confirm that it is ok to use another domain for Chatplus if needed. There won't be any issues with this.

3). Will support install Jitsi on my new Ubuntu dedicated server for voice / video calls ? 
- Answer: Yes, we will do the installation for voice/video calls on your Ubuntu server.

Regards,

November 4, 2020 3:16 am

@riker1981 

forgot to ask do you haveany apps your purchased from third party and have them installed ?

if so try to turn them off and see if you get emails? 

did you change you password on cPanel as well ?

This is the problem!

- You Buy apps from third parties
- It's Bugg in apps (Completely normal)
- Needs developer support
- Developer asks for access to FTP / AdminCp
- Developer downloads the member database from AdminCP
- The developer now has all member information and therefore has the opportunity to send out SPAM to all members from different email addresses.

Website admin has no ability to prevent staff or developer from downloading the member database.

November 2, 2020 1:20 pm

Yesterday, about 24 hours ago, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the ultimate package with the mobile apps, video chat, e.t.c...I budgeted and almost splashed $5,000 - to include some customization work that would have been a game changer for a site that I have in mind!  

"They say that if God is on your side, who can be against you?" For the last 24 hours or so, phpFox.Com client area has been down. I am sure they are aware about it and are fixing it... 

I am totally opposed to SaaS for these very reasons. If I went ahead and spent the money, and If their client area is messed up and they are still unable to fix it after 24 hours, what guarantees does anybody have that their hosted systems will not misteriously get fried and my business dying with them?

This is an honest concern that we should be asking. A few years ago, when phpFox.Com went down, every phpFox website went down with it. Thank god this does not appear to be the case now, but we need to ask "What is phpFox disaster recovery plans look like"?

For now, I am pre-screwed with my project, but my 2 grand is securely seating in paypal and plans for the phpFox hosted solutions HOSED! 

I have no money to upgrade my license from pro + to ultimatum. I asked PhpFox to give me a discount (the discount is exactly the one that I can pay), since I do not receive a salary with which I can pay the cost of upgrading to the ultimatum license. PhpFox refused me. Now I understand that strange things are happening to PhpFox - I cannot enter my office. And even if I had the money to upgrade my license to an ultimatum, I would be at risk, because I don't know what will happen to PhpFox in the future. Now I am looking for an alternative to PhpFox with support for the mobile app at an affordable price. Currently, phpFox's attitude towards its old clients and its policies are very inadequate.

ps: Like you, I also spent a lot of money to buy apps - this money would be enough to buy several ultimatum licenses ...

October 29, 2020 7:26 pm
julio
Posted By

Hello Hannah!

Thanks for your help.  Unistalled the facebook login app , and reinstall.  After doing that, the facebook logos are well placed and with correct size.  Did not have to rebuild the core theme.

Great!

October 20, 2020 2:22 am

Hi William,

We are sorry that phpFox script does not support this feature at the moment. Please contact phpFox's experts if you want to implement this custom work.

Regards,

October 20, 2020 2:13 am