phpFox V4 Issues

I'm sorry, but what exactly is a PWA?

My iPhone and Android phone apps are a vital part of my phpFox site, the reason being that according to Google's statistics, close to 80% of traffic coming to my main website is from people using mobile devices, and only about 20% comes from people using desktop and laptop computers. What a huge difference compared to even ten years ago.

June 14, 2021 3:53 pm

Thanks for the info...I guess I find that code and do a hack.

Very odd that phpfox will stop photos, emojis, and stickers that are hardly ever used for spam and causes no harm to our site or our users, but when it comes to links...sure let them go.  I don't get it?

Again, thanks for the info.

June 8, 2021 12:28 am

Thanks. I am already using SES with other of my sites but failed to configure it with phpfox. 

Just looking for anybody who has configured SES with phpfox and who couldl share the snapshot of the admin mail configuration.

June 2, 2021 10:21 am

Hi Naresh,

Could you please check and make sure that there are no backup tasks were running this time. We guess that the issue came from backup app because the system needs to turn on the offline mode to back up and then turn to the live mode automatically when the backup process finishes. Please make sure that there are no issues related to the backup process.

Please open a support ticket with your sever information if the issue still happens from your end.

Regards,

Hannah

May 24, 2021 10:53 am

good question I would be worried about the minimum age. without birthdate how do you know the person isnt 9 years old. That would seem to open up legal problems and is strange for Apple to have that positon.

BTW do you have a great phpfox developer that actualy answers and wants to be paid to do some site redesign?
I contacted some but its been days and no answer

I opted out the gender and DOB fields from admin > registration settings and made an appeal to Apple and got the App approved so I have the apps for android and iOS live now.

As for the age limit I only can write on terms and condition that we don't allow members below 18 years of age. 

Further in the app I'll try to make some custom module where it says all the time that the profile is only like 20% completed and make the member to complete those details after registration.

Speeking about developers I don't use and don't look for any. I only use what phpfox provide as products and support.

I don't want to mix any developer work on the script as  I don't have time and money to deal with incompatibility.

I only focus now to grow the community! Later on if I'll have revenue from this maybe I will hire a full time in house developer.

May 23, 2021 7:47 pm