phpFox V4 Issues
Posted By

Did a restore from a backup and reboot and that has been resolved. Thinking it's time for new drives in the server or upgrade server.

August 31, 2021 6:56 pm

Has this been fixed? v4.8.6 was released back in June, I dont know why did I even upgrade, now group links are not at all working.. this should be taken on high priority and you should be releasing a patch instead of making us wait for months together.. how can you even release an upgrade without proper regression testing.. it is costing us a lot now..  

September 12, 2021 9:23 am
Naresh
Posted By
Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 11.34.33 AM.png

Hi  Naresh,

In order for us could check for your issue, please submit a ticket in our client area: https://clients.phpfox.com/ with your site access information, than my coworker will look into your problem soonest.

Regards,

Vinny Ms.

July 27, 2021 8:46 am

Amazing detailed answer by you. Thanks a lot. I hope phpfox people are listening and they will try to make our life a bit easier :).

I am lazier than you so could never understand the coding structure of phpfox. Never got deep into their code , or may be could not understand it :).

I took the more challenging route and started learning php , laravel and javascript. So my next site is being completely developed by me. Its a lot of struggle but satisfying when you are able to code something successfully. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your support.

July 28, 2021 11:45 pm

Seems odd that in the blocks you can add the block for --register and --register-top on the visitor page, and register still works but register-top does not.

July 13, 2021 2:35 pm
Posted By

Has this been solved for you?

If not I found a spot to check.

Go to admincp

Maintenance

Ban Filters

and click on the tab for email or username and search for their info.  Maybe it will come up and maybe you are able to slide the ban button off? 

Never seen this spot before so not too sure on how it works.

Good Luck.

July 15, 2021 1:52 am
Posted By
Screenshot_7.png

Hi Rich,

After uploading default logo for Events app, please try to Rebuild Core Theme and Clear All Caches to apply styles of newly installed app/theme to your site.

Regards,

Vinny Ms.

July 30, 2021 2:43 pm

This is odd, because I have been experiencing the EXACT OPPOSITE on my site, which is running phpFox 4.8.6 on a 2017 Retina 5K iMac running the latest version of macOS Big Sur.

Although it has been happening for a while now -- I believe since I updated to 4.8.6 -- I haven't reported it to the phpFox support team yet.

In my case, if I type out a post or comment in a BBEdit text document -- BBEdit is a popular macOS text editor -- and then copy and paste it into a new post on my site, BEFORE actually saving the post, the text appears to have lost its formatting, just as you have described. In other words, all paragraphs are run together without any blank lines between them.

HOWEVER, once I actually save the post, the formatting looks normal. It is really confusing, and really weird behavior.

I noticed that you said "copy and paste". That suggests to me that maybe you are also a macOS user. It makes me wonder if Admins on other platforms experience this apparent bug.

This is now the second bug which has surfaced since I upgraded to 4.8.6. The first one -- which will hopefully be resolved soon -- concerns the apostrophe which is displaying in recent posts as its hexadecimal value, instead of as an actual apostrophe.

July 9, 2021 11:51 am
Naresh
Posted By

You are correct, John. I guess I was clicking on the wrong three dots. There should be an option to completely delete a comment though.

July 13, 2021 5:04 pm