phpFox V4 Issues

Hello eazydoesit,

This folder .trash ( /home/*******/.trash ) not belongs to phpFox source code so if there is no site on the server except the phpFox site, yes, it could be deleted.

About deleting users, we can help you delete the spam users via custom work which incur additional cost as long as you can provide us the list of the remaining users. If you are interested, kindly open a new ticket via our client area: https://clients.phpfox.com/ , then our team will get in touch with you shortly.

Btw, in order to prevent the spam users, you can have a look at the below blog articles:

https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2019/how-to-prevent-phpfox-community-from-spam/
https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2019/how-to-stop-spamming-on-your-phpfox-community-part-2/

Regards,

Vinny.

May 12, 2022 10:52 am

Hello Naresh,

We believe that we already assisted you with the issue via our client area and it has been resolved:))))

Have a nice day!

Vinny.

May 12, 2022 10:12 am

But what if you want to remove or change a custom gender and make it available for a specific user group? In that case it will not work the way you described.

I try to remove all custom genders and add new ones, how can I do that?

As you can see in the attachemnet, in the backend there are only 3 genders, but in the frontend there are 5. The gender items appear even after removing.

May 6, 2022 10:29 am

with most browsers, when you log in the first time, it will ask if you want to save the password..some of your members are probably selecting 'no' , so they have to manually enter it each time

This issue is for me even in the App for some members  :(((((

May 1, 2022 8:45 pm

Hello CryoWebToken,

Sadly, currently, our default platform doesn't support swapping the profile and info button on a user's profile, we deeply apologize for this inconvenience. However, this improvement is on our list and it will be considered in our future updates. We also thank you for sharing this problem.

Have a great day!

Vinny.

April 20, 2022 10:32 am

Tried on clean install, with same scenario, forum latest version and groups deactivated, the error is there. If the groups are activated, everything is fine. The problem is, I don't want groups on me site, so, any suggestion? Fix? (currently I rolled back to the previous version of forum). I don't know how a module is released and not tested on a simple scenario like this...

March 21, 2022 12:56 pm

In this case i think two questions:
An error in language pack
Permission on folder language
Maybe you can tray to donwload form default, 
than you will renamne that in your language,
and tray to import, if work is your language pack the problem..

February 25, 2022 7:10 pm

Hi all, 

To begin with, let me explain a little bit about One-way friendships setting.  When you send a ONE-WAY Friendship request to someone, that person will be automatically set as your friend in your friend list without waiting for their acceptance.

For example: when Member A adds Member B as one way friend, it means Member A consider Member B as his/her friend and member B will appears in Member A's friend list. In this case, activities/posts by member A will be visible on member B feeds, but NOT the reverse. This is not a bug, the setting is working properly as its rule, please help us note.

Btw, I also would like to inform that the feature "following" as other social medias as Twitter, Instagram,.. currently doesn't exist in phpFox default platform, however, in our Store, we see that there are having some third party apps which support to that function, you can install them into your site.

Please be assured that  this improvement is on our list and it will be considered in our future updates.

Have a great day ahead and stay safe!

Vinny.

yes there is a third party follow system, which is an important feature these days. But there follow system doesn't support the main feed. I did purchase that app and after I purchased I realized it doesn't show the following feed on the main feed. So again it was a waste of money.

January 11, 2022 2:25 pm