Archive: 2013-2014
Originally posted by: SafariWoman

Thank you Data. It was definitely turned off. I left it off and hit submit as if I made changes and checked it several times over two days. I left it up for at least five minutes on two occasions to see if it would fill in.

Tonight - it was still off. I hit submit as if I made changes to the ad settings (but didn't actually make any - same as before) went to make an ad, (In admin create campaign) left the empty placeholder on the screen open and in a few minutes when I looked again it had filled in. Then I went to member create ad area and it took about ten seconds to fill in.

So! What the heck fixed it? I didn't do anything differently at all from the previous days of trying. Any idea what happened? (Promise- I did not have multi ads on!!! lol)

I'm magic Wink LOL Probably it was server cache issue. Make sure you don't have those cache settings set that are for multiserver environments.
April 28, 2014 11:14 am
Yes but do you have multi-server? Are you using those cache settings? If so, if the site is not working well, turn them off and see how it works after clearing cache. If it works fine, you know one or more of those settings do not work for your configuration.
April 26, 2014 9:19 am
Feed it sugar or give it a good spanking? Grin

Thanks to you and Fern for the help and suggestions. I'm going to upgrade my live site tomorrow night. I may replace my dev site with a copy of the live site and do another test upgrade first (although, probably not. LOL).

This is a perfect example of why webmasters should keep a development site (and why PFs licensing allows you to do so) and always do updates/upgrades/additions to IT before moving on to the live site.
April 24, 2014 6:26 pm
Adding the iframe tag to allowed html is not recommended as it opens you up to hacks. The script already has a setting to allow youtube iframes and it's put through the parser I think. Not sure how it's made safer but I would not recommend adding iframes to allowed html.
April 24, 2014 11:12 am
actually I got debug to show this error

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - include/library/phpfox/plugin/plugin.class.php (92)
0 include/library/phpfox/plugin/plugin.class.php : 92 Phpfox_Error::errorHandler(2, "Invalid argument supplied for foreach()", "include/library/phpfox/plugin/plugin.class.php", 92, Array(7))
1 include/ : 93 Phpfox_Plugin::set()
2 index.php : 41 require("include/")
April 24, 2014 12:56 am
Make sure you don't have the swf mass uploader enabled and that you do have the html5 mass uploader enabled. Make sure your server supports that uploader so it needs updated libraries. I don't have issues on my sites with uploading from droid or iPhone but I don't use mobile apps.
April 23, 2014 6:06 pm
My personal recommendation is to check this error with your hosting company, as seems to be related to the MySQL database server. They are the appropriate persons to help you correct this problem.

In addition, they have access to a detailed log that could be very useful for you to determine what is causing this. If it is related to the script, let us know to check what can be done to avoid this in the future.
April 23, 2014 3:01 pm
Clear the chrome console before accepting the friend request. Then, confirm the friend request. This will make the console to show only the AJAX request for the friend request. Click on it, and check the response with debug mode enabled.

If everything is properly set (debug mode, display_errors), you will see the exact error message there.
April 23, 2014 2:58 pm