phpFox V4 Feature Requests
We need more feedback now as we are looking at the features https://github.com/moxi9/phpfox-feature-requests/issues to see what clients are interested in from the requests there. Please comment in the feature requests you want to see implemented. Note that we just need to gauge interest and cannot promise that requests with lots of interest can be implemented as we will only implement things that will enhance the product without causing harmful side effects. Please remember, if submitting, to follow the posted guidelines in this thread and at the github area. That section is ONLY for small core improvements and not for full fledged features. Thank you.
March 4, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi Vanucci

Thank you for your information. Currently, Google keyboard supports the auto-suggestion feature by default, it not work with the default keyboard of the device. 

Thank you for your video, we will add your suggestion to the suggestion list and will consider implementing in the near future. 

Best regards,

September 17, 2020 10:16 am

We have got your thought. However, currently, the feature you want does not exist in phpFox default. We suppose that you are going to "notifications settings". In that case, we can add this feature via custom work which incurs additional cost. Kindly open a new support ticket from your client area so that our technical team can investigate and estimate the project to provide you with a quote to proceed further.

August 31, 2020 9:24 am

Sorry, I don't know of any way to put it after a few paragraphs as that would have to take the string stored in the database and break it down to put the google code between paragraphs before it is present on the screen.

I do know where you can display text/variable after the blog and before the posted in categories text.

Phpfox discourages changing the code and will not be responsible, so do at your own risk.  Always remember to have a backup copy in case you mess up your site..and believe me we all do that at least once (myself a dozen times)

For blogs go to file

PF.Site/Apps/core-blogs/views/controller/view.html.php

after line 39 where it says {$aItem.text|parse}

if you paste the variable below, this blogs current category should show up right after the blog.

{$sCategories}

The issue is going to be whether or not Google AdSense code works in a template as everything has to be enclosed in curly brackets unless it is CSS.  Not sure if you can slap some code in there and it will work.

If that works then I will look up the forum spot for you :)

July 1, 2020 2:21 am

TorontoGuy,

Please don't take offense, I was an MIS Manager and helped purchase software for that company to run its business that cost $350,000 dollars and that was just an MRP System for manufacturing.  Facebook has like 45,000 employees and that software cost many billions to make and upgrade.  I agree with you about add-on and yes phpfox has issues but you can only do so much when you have a dozen or so people on staff.

May 18, 2020 7:25 pm

Nope. Dead. 2020 and the script is still pretty much dead. They've capitalised on their mobile apps and have completely abandoned pro users. Our responsive issues are permanent.

They said they would implement a real MOBILE RESPONSIVE fix and feed fix but things never came.

I have now realized It's apps or nothing.

I don't know what to say about this. Nobody using mobile phone web can browse effectively so I obviously can't launch it as is.

I'm still here waiting for a fix 

Everything is fine on a home pc but on a mobile responsive, r.i.p feed after 50+ feeds if you're lucky it doesn't do vanishing acts.

They dangled the mobile carrot and when it was released, Surprise you now have to pay for the ultimate license. That ticked off a lot of old customers and loyal supporters.  If they posted that if that was their original intent, it wouldn't have wasted years of people's time waiting for it and wuold signal the community to seek out alternative solutions earlier on.  It was insulting and a slap in the face of loyal supporters.

May 9, 2020 2:23 am