phpFox V4 Feature Requests
I thought about this a lot yesterday and updated the github with this:
I've been thinking about this. It's about 50/50 as to what clients want. Some want required and some don't need these fields. In order to have a better solution for all, here is my idea and please say whether anyone likes it:
Instead of removing these from being required and not having any option for it we have the settings changed in admincp so that webmasters can choose which of these are required with a yes/no switch.
Then, we also still allow the custom fields to stay as they are, required or not as those already have settings.
This setting would work in registration AND profile as a required field (if set to required) should always be required or it makes no sense to have it.
What do you think? I'm trying to resolve this in the best way for everyone. This is if he agrees to even make the settings. If you like this idea, let me know and I'll mark it a bug. If you need changes to the idea before I mark it a bug, let me know but note that it can't just be something good for a few sites. It needs to work for a high percentage, whatever is worked out.
September 9, 2015 10:40 am
Can someone, if it's not been done, submit a github issue for the missing SEO settings. I want to mark it an enhancement bug just to see what he wants to do with this particular topic. Not the sitemap part, that was never in the script before so that would need to be an app. Just the missing SEO settings we had.
There is a html page setting for each page but it does not save any metatags
September 10, 2015 11:52 am
In PHPfox v3, there were blogs in “Pages”. Now in PHPfox v4, it has been replaced by “Discussions”.
How can we migrate the blogs from “Pages” to PHPfox v4 ?
"Discussions" is very different from "Blogs"...
Discussions in Pages is the same in V3 as it was in V4. It is the Pages "forum" module. Blogs in V4 pages were removed but are still technically there for a third party developer that might want to make an app to have them work in pages.
September 11, 2015 12:52 pm
Perhaps one of you could consolidate the features needed for a new search, to make it easier for a developer looking? A numbered listing of features wanted would be nice. :)
Having looked more closely at the script I see there is a search on each page and a detailed members search under members. It seems they are trying for a Boolean search where names or phrases can be entered but it is not working properly as when a members name is entered not all members with the same string are shown. Also the big blank square looks silly rather a drop down that will fit what is shown would be better.
So I feel the design concept is ok just needs tweaking. I assume each page searches under that section ie, Blogs, Forums, etc.
September 21, 2015 2:46 pm
It will drive users to any website based on PHPfox. Because, there are many who want to sell their private pictures and videos and make some cash. I also want to see Virtual currency which users can buy for cash to be used on site. I know activity points is such currency but need to have a dedicated virtual currency system in the script.
September 23, 2015 5:57 pm
Please when posting features you want, fully describe it. Don't do a just like tom jones sort of thing. Thanks.
Follow: when i follow someone its show me user news feed instead of showing me profile is private.i can visit user timeline. i receive notification of other user activity.
Followers: when someone follow me he can view my news feed and other activity.Also show me count of total no of followers
September 25, 2015 10:46 am
I've enable Activity points to show on dashboard but they are not showing. I also tried to use the php code that I used to display them in v3.8 and that also did not work.
Does anyone know the code to show them now?
Add new "Block" - Welcome.
September 28, 2015 8:18 am
When posting feature requests, please be detailed so third party developers know what features you want for this. They don't want to see "just like this" as it is far too vague and some might not know to what you are referring.
September 30, 2015 9:44 am