General Discussions
Liviu
Posted By

Hi guys.

What server provider are you using? 

Xservers, from 2008, but unmanaged. They have an "extra managed service", but it's expensive. 

November 18, 2021 10:40 pm

Hello  Shashank,

Regarding IM, you can follow our guidance in this article to set up IM server:
https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Server+Setup+for+IM+Module

If you aren't comfortable with this setup by yourself, we'd like to propose 2 options:
1. Order our IM Setup service with $60 to install IM on your own server. We will need SSH root access to proceed with this work.
2. Use our IM hosting service, it costs $5/month. With IM hosting service, you don't have to pay for IM Setup Service as you will have server instance configured properly for IM.

Have a great day ahead and stay safe!

Vinny.

November 10, 2021 4:41 am

it is hard to get a calculation from them before they finish tasks

You're not going to get this from professional developers. Any developer worth their salt is going to charge you per hour, and stick to that.

The reason that devs don't do 'fixed prices' is because people like to add things in at the last minute, and expect them all done for the same price. It's a pretty popular trick.

October 18, 2021 7:11 am

This is something which I would also like to be able to do. Currently, I use YouNetCo's Facebook Clone template. The problem is that the left column is too narrow. As a result, when it lists all of the "Shortcuts" names, it only displays the first part of each link. This is confusing to my members, because some links begin with the same words, so you can't tell what is what. At the very least, if the column width cannot easily be widened by the site Admin, then at least wrap the link names so that the full name of the link can be seen.

April 1, 2021 6:37 am

Thank you for explaining where y'alls problem is. Maybe you should consolidate the two and share resources, Imagine Microsoft Office group and Mirosoft Outlook group claiming that they dont share resources. #smh.... Oh, wait, that would mean less revenue for both; my bad!

Regarding the relationship between YouNetCo and phpFox: First and foremost, phpFox and YouNetCo belong to a more prominent family named "YouNet Group"; however, we have separate companies, resources, and tools. We do not work with YouNetCo on any of our product development and customizations; yet, we have an agreement with them to be an expert (or third-party) to phpFox.

January 21, 2021 4:23 am

Not sure. I am still waiting for a response about something I purchased last weekend. This was a test purchase to see if I'd want to purchase anything else. Not so sure right now. 

January 2, 2021 3:53 am

Hello there,

As of now, we do not support order of the blocks for mobile.

Please be advised that the orders will be prioritized for the block that is in the middle of the screen first, and the sideblocks will be hidden or moved to the bottom. We are so sorry for this inconvenience.

However, we have a plan for the improvements for mobile web in phpFox V5 version. A beta version will be releasing in 2021, you can keep an eye on our blog at https://www.phpfox.com/blog/ to stay updated. 

Regards,

Carol

December 18, 2020 11:07 am