General Discussions

I really like what they've done with MetaFox! 
Laravel isn't my strongest suit however, so I have a heck of a learning curve to get my head around all the other stuff.
Really excited to see the final prodoct later this year!

Yep I was also surprised with how MetaFox turned out. The Laravel and react-based really did add levels to the entire product! 

November 29, 2022 10:52 am

Thanks any help would be great. I'd like to do the load balancing for sure. Are there any articles or documentation? Is it done with a plugin? I"ve got two dedicated servers.

There are so many articles and tons of documentation for load balancing between two servers!
First things first, look at what your hosting provider offers. If you're in the cloud, there are several options.
If you have traditional hosting in a data center, you'll want to talk to your hosting people first! Once you know what they give you to work with, finding articles and documentation on it gets so much easier! 
Your hosting people may have some articles or documentation on load balancing as well. Be sure to ask or look!

Just as a primer, LiquidWeb has a decent article that will give you the most high level overview.
https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/understanding-load-balancing/
It's not the load balancing bible, but you don't want that! Not right away at least.

October 28, 2022 7:44 pm

Dear Daniel Abrams,

Thank you for your concerns about MetaFox (phpFox v5), please refer to our bellow information:

1. Is there not a demo of phpFox 5?

- Certainly, we are going to have Demo site after the MetaFox Official Release. Details of the release note will be published on our blog at https://www.phpfox.com/blog/, you can keep an eye on it to stay updated.

2. I presume many or most third party apps may not be portable to phpFox 5.

-. All current 3rd-party apps on phpFox Store are for phpFox V4. MetaFox App structure is completely changed, so all 3rd party apps need to be rewritten for MetaFox

3. Is phpFox 5 simply uploaded on top of the existing phpFox 4 installation?

- No, phpFox v5 is a different product line so we need to migrate data from v4 to v5. Please don't worry, phpFox will support the Migration script after MetaFox Official release, so you can migrate data of all Core features & Core apps from your existing phpFox V4 to MetaFox.
If you would like to migrate data from 3rd-party apps used on your phpFox V4 site, you should check with respective app vendors for their development plan and migration solution of their equivalent apps on MetaFox first.

4. I presume phpFox 5 like previous majour versions replaces previous versions, so phpFox 4 is EOL. Correct.

- Kindly note that you can continue using phpFox 4 whenever you want. However, we will continue supporting and maintaining phpFox V4 for 12 months. 

Hope the above information clarifies your queries, kindly let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Hannah

October 17, 2022 10:56 am

Dear Terry,

I checked and could not reproduce this issue. I received both notifications and email notifications when subscribing to a thread (for both thread owner and replier). Please make sure that you check your junk box as well. See screenshot.

In case you still get this issue, kindly open a support ticket and provide us with a video for this issue.

Best regards,

Hannah

October 17, 2022 3:00 am

<p>Hi Vinny, </p>

<p>Not having the code at the top of the body or in the header is producing errors for me. </p>

<p>This method you mention, i've tried and doesn't work.</p>

<p>Do you know how to edit the header code? Which files do I edit for this?</p>

<p>Many thanks, </p>

<p>Paul</p>

July 18, 2022 3:11 pm

I used FileZilla. If that's what you mean? Any FTP should work, or cPanel. 

This first page of "Write your first app" is fine, but beware the pages get more and more inaccurate and incomplete as you go on. Be prepared to read between the lines.... 

July 6, 2022 11:11 am

Hello Tomas,

If you want to do custom works on your phpFox site, you can consider working with us as we are the owner of phpFox platform with a deep knowledge of phpFox architect so we believe that we can bring you outstanding performance with good quality for the custom works. Let us know if you are interested.

Have a great day!

Vinny.

February 28, 2022 10:18 am
Liviu
Posted By

Hi guys.

What server provider are you using? 

Xservers, from 2008, but unmanaged. They have an "extra managed service", but it's expensive. 

November 18, 2021 10:40 pm

Hello  Shashank,

Regarding IM, you can follow our guidance in this article to set up IM server:
https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Server+Setup+for+IM+Module

If you aren't comfortable with this setup by yourself, we'd like to propose 2 options:
1. Order our IM Setup service with $60 to install IM on your own server. We will need SSH root access to proceed with this work.
2. Use our IM hosting service, it costs $5/month. With IM hosting service, you don't have to pay for IM Setup Service as you will have server instance configured properly for IM.

Have a great day ahead and stay safe!

Vinny.

November 10, 2021 4:41 am