General Discussions

I would send them a copy of your payment receipt and they will look it up and if they can verify it they will give you the money difference.  I have dealt with them for almost 7 years and we go back and forth on bugs and issues just like cats and dogs, but I trust them in regards to money transactions.  There have been a couple of times where they could have been unethical with me in regards to purchases. I sent them an email and they checked it out first and if there was even a chance I was right, they either gave me my money back or gave me a credit, which is what I asked for.   One issue was a year after the fact, so I am very impressed with their integrity model on money situations, but do they charge for their work and time, which I always understood. So, anyone who reads this, do not think you can get away with getting customization work for free and not paying for it...

Now, back to the bugs (LOL)...which all third party developers would get a GitHub account for their addons so they keep track of the bug and issues and request for improvements.

December 1, 2020 11:21 pm

Has anyone purchased and successfully used the Chat Plus feature?

Everything works except for the audio and video calling on mobile devices. You get a notification that you can accept or reject, but when you click to accept, the dialog box removes, and nothing happens.

The calls and audio calls are not connecting mobile to mobile. Did anyone use this with success?

November 24, 2020 5:05 am

Well I am sorry to say this is way out of my league for smartness.  I would recommend you to contact Cespirtual, which is an awesome guy and help me in somewhat a similar situation as I wanted to remove the entire ability to post on the feed.  I also found out I had to remove posting on the profile as well, since it also post on the feed.  If he is unavailable then I would go to Scheinwelt-Media.  Another awesome developer who if they have the ability will not waste weeks/months figuring out an issue whether it is with their product or when hire them.

Again, sorry...and remember you don't get the smartest when you get free at least in my case :)  although I did get part of it but two of trying tells me I don't have a clue :)

November 23, 2020 7:40 am
JohnJr
Posted By

Hi JohnJr,

Please refer to our below replies:

1. Post number:

Thank you for your feedback, we will add it in our next release of phpFox Community.

2. Added support for enabling/disabling all SMS and email notifications under Privacy Setting. "

We would like to inform you that we already transferred this improvement to our development team. We will update you on our decision as soon as possible.

Regards,

Hannah

Regards,

Hannah

November 17, 2020 10:55 am
JohnJr
Posted By

I just noticed...is there an area to show who is online?  I don't know if there is an area or there is no one currently online for this forum :)

November 12, 2020 4:24 am

I gave up on phpFox import user as it did not work and produced too many errors that I could not trust.I got a developer write a proper script that did the import. Thanks though..

Hello Metro. Have you worked out your cron job issue yet? I am not sure if I can be of any assistance, but if you are running phpFox on your own macOS-based web server, I may be able to help you. Under these circumstances, there is something you may have to do in order to get your cron job working. Please let me know. Thanks.

November 5, 2020 11:17 am

Thanks Hannah. So, the issue appears not to have been phpFox. On a vanilla install of phpFox, it works fine. But, when a certain landing page for the material template is used from the phpfox store, it seems to be the cause. 

Thank you so much for spending time on this.

October 16, 2020 9:02 pm
Liviu
Posted By

I totally agree with you. The biggest challenge I have with Chat PLus is that they insist on hosting it. Like most of the modules that they include, the mentality is almost a decade old. Most companies are bring back (cloud) services back in-premise. 

The same applies to the source code of the mobile App. If I can not get access to the source code to add apps developed by 3rd parties... No dice. I ain't playing game with you.

I am a member of a tech group that has seen businesses IT infrastructures DIE during this corona pandemic because their hosting companies shut down. If I don't know where your data center is, or if I can not call your data center, I ain't about to "DIE" with you.  . 

September 21, 2020 7:32 am

Hi tahoecale,

We are sorry that phpFox does not support "auto-refresh" feature for ads. We would like to add this suggestion to our list and it will be considered to implement it in the near future.

Btw, if you want to implement it right away, please submit a ticket for customization service so that we can process which incurs additional cost.

Regards,

is there a way to add some Javascript into the block or something? I’m no expert with coding but with a little guidance I could maybe figure it out. I have already spent I think $1500 on your script I don’t have any more to pay you unfortunately. But this is something I really need. 

September 15, 2020 2:16 pm

I am aware that the 2 spot use the same ohrase. that is why i would like to create a  new phrease for the highlighted are that displays something else. This forum was a good place to get help from others that have been through the same issues. I guess that is not the case now. Thanks for your help.

August 31, 2020 2:14 pm