Install - Upgrade

That always confused me but maybe because I use plesk.  I just point to the /PATH/TO/cron.php and schedule a time to run.  I don't even put in my token...maybe that is wrong but it runs.

It is interesting that it runs even if you do not put token because as far as I can see, the code will break and exit if token is not available. Are you sure about this?

if ((empty($token) || $token =! setting('pf_cron_task_token')) && php_sapi_name() !== 'cli') {
    exit("Unknown token. Exist!");
}

December 28, 2020 9:20 am

Hi William James,

We would like to inform you that Amazon S3 is only compatible with phpFox 4.7.x or older. From phpFox 4.8.x, we had a big improvement to allow managing storage system for one place. On the adminCP, Admin now can choose to host user-uploaded content via local system, FPT/SFTP, or at Amazon S3, at Digital Ocean space, or at any other S3-compatible storage systems.

So please go to AdminCP > Settings >Storage system> and Add new storage.

For more information, please refer to  https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2020/phpfox-4-8-0-official-release/

Regards,

Hannah

December 17, 2020 2:34 am

OMG...it worked and extremly fast...about 10 mintues.  I wish I would have known about this earlier LOL.  Back in the day, I used the FTP method of uploading because I did not know about just uploading the file to your website's cpanel directory.  Is there a way to update the Upgrading Your phpFox Website page?  It currently has a "Hint: If you have cPanel you will have a File Manager that has an Unzip feature. You could ZIP up those files/folders and upload the one ZIP file. Then unzip it on your server."  I must have missed this while reading because it is in italic and just a "hint"  The instructions need to be more clear with a better direction for new people or people like myself who did it an old, long way hahahaha, like adding a screenshot of how to upload it to your website's server and unzipping it.

Thank you very much, Hannah.  You're awesome. :-)

November 8, 2020 1:42 am

Hi spirog,

We already replied to you via ticket system, by the way, we add a comment here so that everyone can view it:

1.) Can I install Plesk control panel or any control panel so I can have better control of security on the Ubuntu server the one you will install chatplus server? 
- Answer: Yes, you can.

2.) When reading docs for install chatplus it says we need to add 2 subdomains - example: chat.yourdomain.com & voip.yourdomain.com
Question: will these subdomains be installed on Ubuntu server (chatplus server) or on my other centOS 7 server where I have phpfox installed? 

- Answer: These subdomains need to configure to your new server (Ubuntu) where the Chatplus server will be installed on.

if on the ubuntu server, how will it work with subdomains because my website is example.com and Ubuntu server will be mywebsite.com and not be same domain as phpfox site ? 
- Answer: I can confirm that it is ok to use another domain for Chatplus if needed. There won't be any issues with this.

3). Will support install Jitsi on my new Ubuntu dedicated server for voice / video calls ? 
- Answer: Yes, we will do the installation for voice/video calls on your Ubuntu server.

Regards,

November 4, 2020 3:16 am

Hi ftl001,

Actually, we could not reproduce this issue in our testing environment. Could you please submit a ticket with your site information so we can check it?

Best regards,

Hannah

July 14, 2020 7:09 am

And you have to ask parteners like younetco to keep the steep....i have business template that is not updated...but when i ask for code fo app you sayd youkeep only for parteners....so at least make them to update product what we are buying from them..to dont loose money every day.....if not...people will understand is a bad businees to work with you

July 10, 2020 11:05 pm