I just moved my site from a windows server to Linux - Apache and I am having trouble with the comments. When you click submit, the ajax symbol spins and spins and spins, but nothing works. This is the case for all sections with a comment. I have searched this threads here but nothing so far. Can anyone help?
Be the first person to like this.
Quote:
Originally posted by: riker1981
I just moved my site from a windows server to Linux - Apache and I am having trouble with the comments. When you click submit, the ajax symbol spins and spins and spins, but nothing works. This is the case for all sections with a comment. I have searched this threads here but nothing so far. Can anyone help?

Hello,

Turn on debug ajax mode.

Open /include/settings/common.sett.php then search for

$_CONF['debug.ajax'] = false;

replace it with

$_CONF['debug.ajax'] = true;

Save the file and upload it again to same location and then give a try adding comments.

It will generate list of errors, please PM me the errors along with your ftp and admin panel details, I will further investigate on your issue(s).
Hey,

Your problem should be resolved now.

Please check your site.

Have a nice day !

Regards,

Harry
I'm having a similar problem. When you send a comment on my site now, it says the comment was sent and it definitely was, but it doesn't automatically refresh and show. I have to manually hit the refresh button on my browser for it to show.
When I turned on the ajax debug, I got a pop up message when I sent a comment saying
"While trying to 'addScript/addRedirect' (command number 1), the following error occured:
SyntaxError: Parse error"

And the debug mode is saying
"Xajax debug output

Wed Apr 08 2009 18:53:31 GMT-0400 (EDT): Received: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><xjx><cmd n="as" t="ajax_main_image_cm" p="innerHTML"><![CDATA[Your comment has been added!]]></cmd><cmd n="js"><![CDATA[sId('new_comment_data').innerHTML = '<table style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="border2" align="left"><table style="width: 100%;" class="comment-head" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td width="7"></td><td class="block_header" align="left">From: Dizz845</td></tr></table><table style="width:100%;" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" class=""> <tr><td style="width:85%;vertical-align:top;font-size:8pt;" class="comment-text" align="left">
04/08/2009 06:56:03 PM
What\'s up sexy? How\'s your day going?
<... [long response] ...
Wed Apr 08 2009 18:53:31 GMT-0400 (EDT): Calling newComment uri=http://www.dizzspace.com/public/user/name_Flirtychick1/ (post:xajax=newComment&xajaxr=1239231211379&xajaxargs[]=%3Cxjxquery%3E%3Cq%3Ealert_id%3D592%26ajax_isuser%3DFlirtychick1%26ajax_id%3D592%26ajax_type%3Daccount%26val%5Btext%5D%3DWhat's%2520up%2520sexy%253F%2520How's%2520your%2520day%2520going%253F%3C%2Fq%3E%3C%2Fxjxquery%3E)
Wed Apr 08 2009 18:53:31 GMT-0400 (EDT): Initializing Request Object..
Wed Apr 08 2009 18:53:31 GMT-0400 (EDT): Starting xajax..."

Any Ideas?
I had this once and it was a javascript problem.

Do you have any mods installed? Such as the tool-tip mod or any other mod using javascript?
Quote:
Originally posted by: nx.vc
I had this once and it was a javascript problem.

Do you have any mods installed? Such as the tool-tip mod or any other mod using javascript?

Yes I have the tool-tip mod installed... I just installed it today and that's when you comments stopped working. I had a feeling that it was because of that...
::EDIT::
Yep sure was the problem. I removed the main code from my site to have that mod working and now the comments are working fine. I wonder if there's a way to fix this..
Unfortunately this mod causes more problems in phpfox everywhere where something dynamic is (in top friends i.e. too).

As far I've read, the main problem seems to be the code in PhpFox_ComponentAvatar.class.php which is need to get fixed. Everywhere, where dynamic avatars are needed, problems appears.
maybe Harry can share what the fix was?
Well my top friends stopped working on my site long before I installed this mod. Maybe this mod, too, can effect it.. But for me it's stopped working previously. The only thing that was effecting on my site for me after installing this mod is the commenting.
I can confirm that this mod had nothing to do with Booyuu's tool-tip mod but she fixed my problem I had on my site anyway and my site is now running 100%

check out this thread to read more!
http://forums.phpfox.com/showpost.php?p=169706&postcount=13
since this morning i am having this problem . strange . i havent update any other mods or anything suddenly it occur in my site .

i tried debug mode on .. it just going on and on forever .. with message starting ajax .

plz help
And what's the problem?
Quote:
Originally posted by: dizz
I'm having a similar problem. When you send a comment on my site now, it says the comment was sent and it definitely was, but it doesn't automatically refresh and show. I have to manually hit the refresh button on my browser for it to show.
When I turned on the ajax debug, I got a pop up message when I sent a comment saying
"While trying to 'addScript/addRedirect' (command number 1), the following error occured:
SyntaxError: Parse error"

Any Ideas?

I have same problem!

Dizz... how can we fix this!!!!?? embarassed
all of my users are complaining , i have spent 6 hours after it .. couldnt sort it .

funny thing is that , when user leave comment himself . it works fine .. but when user try to leave comment for friends, it take forever .

dizzy tell us how u overcome this .
I don't know if this might be the cause in your case but a long time ago I experienced this problem and after checking things bit by bit I found out that the option of "Show template names on HTML..." was causing the problem. If you turn on that option on the Admin CP then the auto-refresh for the comments stops working.

I reported this for like build 18 or something, but I'm not sure if they ever fixed it.

Cheers,

Jorge