Heya guys, I just wanted to point out after looking at the feature requests and whatnot, that you should remember that phpfox is still an out of the box software, and a lot of ideas are great, but many of them are better off being mods, because not everyone wants certain features, out of the box solutions should come with the core essentials, a nice look, but if every request was made, i think it would cause much longer development process, less room for modders, and essentially, with 1000s of people who have purchased phpfox its likely for members to see more than one fox site.. point being some ideas should be more exclusive which is great for what mods do, most mods sell what? Max 10-20 times, but phpfox is downloaded by many more.. so it will do you a favor to buy some mods.

Just sayin' biggrinbiggrin
Be the first person to like this.
Mindsplitter
does not sound so good to me keep in mind i paid for phpFoX SN software i have purchased mods from some great moders on here but i for one am tired of spending money that i don't have and as far as to many features outa the box there is no suchthing especialy when you have the option to enable or disable them.

so the more built in options the better anddon't get me wrong there will always be a need for moders because there will always be special request mods needed.

So phpFoX gimmie all the options you can cram into the box and the option to enable or disable a feature and if you have to push the release date alittle farther it would be worth it I have wated 2 years to get this far so what is another um couple months to get the total package.
CLUBUGLY
That's because a lot of people are here to make a quick buck and honestly more than half the paid mods on this forum should be free. I'm sorry to say but this community is the last place to find good quality medium to large mods for free. Infact, if you weed out the garbage in the free section you will prolly only find less than a page of decent mods which are all small.
I agree with WebmasterX, only my suggestions should be implemented to save development time tongue

.. but honestly, I also paid for phpfox because I expect SN features you can call part of the internet standard by default in phpfox. Everything that connects your users with your users and help them organizing their daily life together with their friends I call a must and it should be implemented in the core product of phpfox 2.0 .. everything else should be an addon-request ..

when noodles are the core product, then cheese is the add-on Smile
some people dislike cheese, but I like cheese and for me it could be already with the core product, but when then the noodles needs longer or too long to get ready, I'd prefer only the core product because I'm hungry messenger2
Quote:
Originally posted by: nx.vc
I agree with WebmasterX, only my suggestions should be implemented to save development time tongue

.. but honestly, I also paid for phpfox because I expect SN features you can call part of the internet standard by default in phpfox. Everything that connects your users with your users and help them organizing their daily life together with their friends I call a must and it should be implemented in the core product of phpfox 2.0 .. everything else should be an addon-request ..

when noodles are the core product, then cheese is the add-on Smile
some people dislike cheese, but I like cheese and for me it could be already with the core product, but when then the noodles needs longer or too long to get ready, I'd prefer only the core product because I'm hungry messenger2

I just love this post!! Love the way you made yourself understood! :D Thank you!!

-------------------------
Ok in a more professional tone, Version 2 has evolved into a Content Management System, which can turn into pretty much anything with the right modules. We of course are focusing on the SN area and are developing SN modules and features but the truth is we cant please everyone, and some feature requests are way too specific to be developed, try seeing it this way:
There are 10 general feature requests, features that would benefit 80% or more of our clients. And there are 5 specific feature requests, features that would benefit only 10% of you. If we develop those 10 features and still have time to go with the other 5 then perfect! we'll do it, no questions about it! but the truth of the matter is that there will always be 'those 10' features requests, and pushing the 5 specific over the 10 generals is not fair to at least 70% of you.

And also, if we delay the release dates to include more features we wouldnt be being fair to those who have waited because you are ok with waiting, but others are not...

my .02
I agree most people here are trying to cover the stupid mods they bought by making one mod a pay one, I'm the first to point that out, I mean I have like 10 free mods, and tutorials in baby steps so people DONT have to buy these mods, but people will always buy what they want.. OK Look at it this way, I have a username changer mod (something that should have been a core phpfox thing) i made it free because of that. But santoki came out with a mega advanced one and im sure was worth the money and more but the point is mine does the same thing has the same functionality etc besides letting users change their usernames, which could have been another easy modification. When people see a pay mod they think quality and thats where a lot of people get ripped off not all pay mods are quality.

And mindsplitter, hey im with you, in one week i went down 200 bucks. But this is a business spend money to make money, take risks ya know.. And out of the box solution will never be perfect for everone because everyone wants something different. We need a more than generic design, we need core features that are needed, a few fancy ones wouldnt hurt, but then the other things that are more targetted to niche sites leave out, for example if one niche wouldn't have a use for it then why add it and im talking generally of course. The point is it will slow development, AND all your competition will have the same thing you are offering!
Webmasterx I have to disagree with your post. I'm sure you've heard the old adage "You get what you pay for"? I tried several free mods from here and they were junk, so was the support. Free is not always good and I would purchase a paid mod from Santocki any day over something free that promised to do the same thing.

Your post are confusing, you say free mods are just as good as paid, most mods here should be free, yet you are selling a paid mod soon.
CLUBUGLY
I agree with you both in the sense that more mods should be free and quality at that. That's the reason why people are paying for mods is because the lack of free mods as well most of what is offered here for free is nothing or poorly written. Just because you pay for it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get better quality. If you visit other communities like MotionType, WordPress, IPB and VB they have majority free mods with better quality than the paid ones here at this site.

I think the solution would be for PHPFox to lay the hammer down on unsupported threads free or paid. Close them/Remove them.
Quote:
Your post are confusing, you say free mods are just as good as paid, most mods here should be free, yet you are selling a paid mod soon.

I really said no such thing. I said the functionality was essentially the same, and then I said "mega advanced one and im sure was worth the money and more" So I don't get what you're accusing me of. I never said free mods are the same as pay mods, in fact I made the argument pay mods are good. Go read my first post.
Young man, dont get snotty with me and tell me to read your post first. I read it, thats why I commented. I'm not accusing you of anything. If you cant take any feedback then you should not post. Just because someone disgarees with you doesnt mean you have to get your fur up.
CLUBUGLY
Ok which one of you wants a big chick to sit on your face lol... You guys save that for the newbies he he he Tongue