Mindsplitter
Multiple picture upload I have removed my phpfox v 1.6 and i'm eaggerly awaiting phpFox2 my site will have members that will be uploading tones of pics.

I will have to have Multiple picture upload like face book where members can upload 60 pics at once to individual albums.I would prefer to set the amount of pics that can be uploaded at a time. But we have to have this as a basic feature.

with face book when you upload pics your photo album will only allow 60 pics per album but you can have as many albums as you want this is awesome as it breaks galleries down into smaller segments that other members can browse rather than have to look through say 500 or more pics at onetime.

also all albums are named individualy so telling friends wich album to look in for a particulare picture is easyer than searching through 500 pics.... so plz plz plz make this a default feature

Vote for this feature
http://forums.phpfox.com/project.php?issueid=1777
Be the first person to like this.
Mindsplitter
I have not added to the do you have the link Zero7 where is the request box?

Sia I completely understand what you are saying and that is why I also stated that I would like the option to set the amount of pics that a member can upload it may only be 40, 30, 20 10 but that is still better than 1 at a time also the mod face book uses allows you to upload additional photos to the same album.

so a different number of photos can be set as to max pics per album also not to knock any of your mods i heare they are great however; if you can make a mod for this then it goes to show that this should be a basic feature for the new phpFoX2 this is something that all phpFoX2 owners need to be successful and again i am not nocking you programing skills at all so please do not take offense

I am just tired of purchasing basic features and if you look at my list of ppl i trust you will see that only the ones I have delt with that actualy fullfilled there promis are listed... i ahve never done business with you but i hear good things but again this should be a basic feature this is something that members of Sn sites have come to expect from an SN site..
I remember that Ray said that there will be multiple picture upload for phpfox 2.0 thumbs_up
Yeap V2 will deff have this Smile
CLUBUGLY
You forgot to mention that they are using a flash uploader and users are required to donwload sunjava in order to use that feature which is what it is. Normally if you don't have sunjava or computer can't support it, you are only presented with 5 upload fields max.

And the full uploader (looks similar to ftp pane) is not available by default, you have to invoke steps to get to that page. Infact, all it is, is just a bulk uploader. You later have to go back and rename all that stuff and add descriptions. So I wouldn't call it a mulit uploader, but more less a bulk uploader.
Mindsplitter
awesome glade to hear it will be included.

ClubUgly face book uses this and i upload pics all the time yes it does bulk upload that is what I want also after upload to the album i create i can name the indivdual pics or leave them blank and then publish the pics to my profile keep it private set for friends or everyone to view.

as far a java everyone on face book uses it and that is how many millios of members and growing every day so why are you always so flip'n negitive look at the posative even though there are things i don't like about parts of the curent v1.6.21 and I deleted it and i am waiting for v2 to come out i don't sit and read everyones post to see what i can tear down about it.

besides i think that phpFox has some inteligent ppl writing the code and they can figure out how to make it universal after all i purchased phpFoX SN script in expectation of v2 so what SN script are you selling if you don't have any then why not sit back and enjoy the ride let ppl add their own request to the wish list after all Zero7 found the link to share do you have a better one?

again thanks for all the positive feed back if we all look for the positive there won't be any negative and i have to comend you for being an avid reader and keeping up with all the post

ty
I support the SunJava uploader because it is very flexible.

It resize the pictures before uploading, you can browse your pictures with preview before uploading and you can translate the whole picture uploader.

Although it is true - not everyone have this installed by default on the computer - I got very good experiences with the SunJava picture uploader.

You could provide your users 3 upload fields by default, for more you will provide the mass uploader. car
CLUBUGLY
Quote:
Originally posted by: Mindsplitter
awesome glade to hear it will be included.

ClubUgly face book uses this and i upload pics all the time yes it does bulk upload that is what I want also after upload to the album i create i can name the indivdual pics or leave them blank and then publish the pics to my profile keep it private set for friends or everyone to view.

as far a java everyone on face book uses it and that is how many millios of members and growing every day so why are you always so flip'n negitive look at the posative even though there are things i don't like about parts of the curent v1.6.21 and I deleted it and i am waiting for v2 to come out i don't sit and read everyones post to see what i can tear down about it.

besides i think that phpFox has some inteligent ppl writing the code and they can figure out how to make it universal after all i purchased phpFoX SN script in expectation of v2 so what SN script are you selling if you don't have any then why not sit back and enjoy the ride let ppl add their own request to the wish list after all Zero7 found the link to share do you have a better one?

again thanks for all the positive feed back if we all look for the positive there won't be any negative and i have to comend you for being an avid reader and keeping up with all the post

ty

First of all tiger, maybe you should have titled the thread bulk uploader which would have made more sense? You were on about multi upload which is resource intensive. I corrected you and explained what FB is using. Thus my reply was in favor of bulk upload of 60 pics and not multi upload of 60 pics which makes no sense.

So If I were you, I would go back and clarify with Purefan which of the two is being implimented if not both considering your thread title so that you are not disappointed later lol tongue
The mechanics of Multi upload and Bulk upload are way different.
Actually its both hehe, on one side we have multi uploads which you can upload one file at a time clicking the file input button, it will be uploading through ajax so thats more 2.0, but at the same time its going to be a bulk upload in the sense that you can upload a zip file with lots of images and it will also work. But maybe for stable version we'll have an applet or flash bulk uploader wink
Mindsplitter
Quote:
Originally posted by: ClubUgly
First of all tiger, maybe you should have titled the thread bulk uploader which would have made more sense? You were on about multi upload which is resource intensive. I corrected you and explained what FB is using. Thus my reply was in favor of bulk upload of 60 pics and not multi upload of 60 pics which makes no sense.

So If I were you, I would go back and clarify with Purefan which of the two is being implimented if not both considering your thread title so that you are not disappointed later lol tongue
The mechanics of Multi upload and Bulk upload are way different.

Again Multiple pigture upload lets get something strate i am not a coder and frankley i don't care what you call it Multiple picture uploader or bulk uploade i means nothing to me except that when i click and select a bunch of pictures some how they all magicaly appear on my account and whala i can title and name them i figured hey i will through it out there.

and something amazing came to mind i thought hey i am not a coder but i think Purefan and the whole phpFoX team are so i'll make the suggestion and they can figure out the best way to do it and what do you know my hunch was right cause here is what Purefan posted::

Purefan
:: Actually its both hehe, on one side we have multi uploads which you can upload one file at a time clicking the file input button, it will be uploading through ajax so thats more 2.0, but at the same time its going to be a bulk upload in the sense that you can upload a zip file with lots of images and it will also work. But maybe for stable version we'll have an applet or flash bulk uploader

So instead of wanting to hold this Tiger back why not through out some good suggestions that everyone can bennifit from look for the positive and come up with options that help instead of wanting to make your self look intelligent support eachother it is only for our good.

any way again great talking to you and ooh by the way the idea was accepted andi am sure it was not because i suggested it but more because it is something that the team already new needed to be done.

thank you for keeping progress moving forward and i am sure we will talk later::
CLUBUGLY
You are repeating yourself. You were the one that got on the defense. I merely pointed out why I said what I said and even agreed with the bulk uploading idea. Take a chill dude. I provided plenty of good suggestions around here with examples too. It doesn't bother me if people don't publicly like them. That's life and you can't please everyone. Tongue
Mindsplitter
Quote:
You are repeating yourself. You were the one that got on the defense. I merely pointed out why I said what I said and even agreed with the bulk uploading idea. Take a chill dude. I provided plenty of good suggestions around here with examples too. It doesn't bother me if people don't publicly like them. That's life and you can't please everyone. Tongue

ClubUgly i am just messing with you waiting for v2 to come out don't worry it is all good
Doesn't myspace now use the SUNJAVA on their pics upload now?

If so it wouldn't be that bad because alot of users would have it from there...

maybe Tom will donate their old flash uploader?
Its nice to see people getting alone again Smile hehe

Back to track, java is pretty powerful but it works on myspace because no one outside myspace (and even most inside) has their code, if we release a java applet we have to be very careful with how we implement it or it could be a security threat bigger than the Hoover dam.
Quote:
Originally posted by: Purefan :: phpFox
...., it will be uploading through ajax so thats more 2.0, but at the same time its going to be a bulk upload in the sense that you can upload a zip file with lots of images and it will also work....

This sounds very interesting .. I havent seen that before .. (uploading zip file with images). The idea is nice.. and ajax uploading sounds also very interesting.. I think at least it should be just comfortable to upload pictures because then, the people will upload a lot ;-)
Quote:

LOL... Multi Upload, Bulk Upload, Mega Uploader, Super Duper Picture Blaster... who gives a flying @&#^ what it's called. I think we all understood what mindspltter was asking for and phpFox desperately needs it. Let us decide if we want to enhance our hosting platform to allow adequate resources.