I hope this is the correct place to post this message. If not I'm sorry.

We plan on creating extensive "Rate" features within our PHPFox site. Part of our idea is to have our members be accountable for their messages, content, etc. Meaning, when a member reads a message in the forums.. they click on the posters Avatar. This will bring them to their profile page. So they can see what this "member" is all about. Likes & dislikes etc..

The problem is.. some of our more Anti-Social members have their profile locked up. So only their "Friends" can see their profile.

This screws up the whole idea of "User Rating" stars etc..

If the admin could have the option of NOT letting the members "Lock Out" everybody but their friends. That would be a great help.

Either that.. or build in the ability for other members to RATE and view the ratings even if their profile is locked.

Thanks,

F
Be the first person to like this.
Pretty much like the request for underage profiles, would you agree this has the same effect as having default privacy settings to allow everyone to view their profile?

The problem I see is that some people really dont want to be contacted by everyone, take for example an underage member who posts on the forum and is followed to her profile by some harasser, who given the profile comments and gallery can find out more information him/her, this could actually be a real threat to some members...
Sorry for the really late reply.

Our site is for folks 18 or older. It is not adult XXX.. just a site for "Grown Up People"

Member harassment is not tolerated. So if anybody did any of that.. they would be thrown off.

F
hmm.. well if you post it in the feature requests forum and it gets enough votes we will work on it