CLUBUGLY
You have to see the screenshot to understand.

HIGHLIGHTS:
  • Confirm Email
  • Validation Checks for each field ie the green and red icons
  • Confirm Pass
  • PassWord Strength Meter
  • Error message for incorrect items
  • Birthday select from calendar
  • Auto Suggest for Location
  • ReCaptcha for Security Code
  • Choose to receive email from admins
  • Choose to receive email from members
  • Choose to allow only friends to view profile
  • Choose pre-selected avatar (Maintained in Tools section of ACP)
  • TimeZone selection at signup.
I'm not too concerned about Full Name vs. First & Last name cause with a good search engine built into V2 you can search for any names containing first or last information.

EDIT: Added second mockup to illustrate how items appear when you access that field and that the items are not in full view until you access them. Some members didn't understand that so I thought I would clarify.
This thread is closed
Be the first person to like this.
I think that this is just a suggestion. I like it!
May i suggest: On signup form there must be a ajax dropdown with Country/State/City (World).
In other way if some user enter: "New Yourk" for "New York" the system will accept that and if you search for the users that leave in New York you will never find that user.
Be the first person to like this.
Looks great!! some very good features there, but did you pot them in the Feature Request forum?
Be the first person to like this.
Looks a bit full on for me - people are sick of huge signup forms nowadays. I have stripped signup down to email and password,, the rest is stepped as they use the site - your looks nice, but if I saw that I would think "cant be arsed" filling that in".
Be the first person to like this.
confirmed, its gonna be stepped the sign up process.
Every step is going to have custom fields admins can set from the admin panel.
Be the first person to like this.
ClubUgly's just pro Tongue
He wants those to be added in v2
Be the first person to like this.
I like it...but perhaps we could have an option in acp for easy or advanced signup?
Be the first person to like this.
Purefan - wow - can phpfox deliver everything in V2 !?
Be the first person to like this.
Quote:
Originally posted by: ClubUgly
You have to see the screenshot to understand.

HIGHLIGHTS:
  • Confirm Email
  • Validation Checks for each field ie the green and red icons
  • Confirm Pass
  • PassWord Strength Meter
  • Error message for incorrect items
  • Birthday select from calendar
  • Auto Suggest for Location
  • ReCaptcha for Security Code
  • Choose to receive email from admins
  • Choose to receive email from members
  • Choose to allow only friends to view profile
  • Choose pre-selected avatar (Maintained in Tools section of ACP)
  • TimeZone selection at signup.

I'm not too concerned about Full Name vs. First & Last name cause with a good search engine built into V2 you can search for any names containing first or last information.

that is HOT! can you work with Natio? beer shade
Be the first person to like this.
CLUBUGLY
Quote:
Originally posted by: Pdog89gt
Hmmm. I didnt see that in Alpha1. Is this something you are working on clubugly?

I agree, that does look nice.

It's a mockup of what I thought could make the signup not so boring and a little bit more web 2.0

Quote:
Originally posted by: cobra12512
Did You Make This ? Or Is This Part Of Phpfox Or Wht??? Im So Lost???lol

It's part of V2... I'm just kidding. Did it last night as an illustration.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Purefan :: phpFox
Looks great!! some very good features there, but did you pot them in the Feature Request forum?

They are already suggested by multiple people so I thought I would just use the screeny as feedback to see how many people are on the same boat. tongue

Quote:
Originally posted by: thefandango
Looks a bit full on for me - people are sick of huge signup forms nowadays. I have stripped signup down to email and password,, the rest is stepped as they use the site - your looks nice, but if I saw that I would think "cant be arsed" filling that in".


Well the form is not huge, it's the same form but with enhanced features to replace old stuff to speed up the process. The first mockup I opened everything for illustration purposes. When you visit the signup page they get activated when you get to that step. See collapsed screeny below.

For example the old method you had to scroll thru 3 drop downs to set the birthday. This one, you select the month day and year from the calender or you can type it in manually. Also, the old way you had to scroll a long list for your country and this new way, you simply start typing the country name in the field an it will auto suggest the country that you can pick before completing the lengthy country name.

You have every right to strip your form down but I don't think the majority is going to be following you mate. tongue

Quote:
Originally posted by: webmasterx
ClubUgly's just pro Tongue
He wants those to be added in v2

That is correct buddy.

Quote:
Originally posted by: kraze2007
that is HOT! can you work with Natio? beer shade
I would love to be a part, but I don't think they are hiring at the moment angel


Last but not least, I was thinking about a step sign up routine and thought to myself, that prolly the only thing I do is make it so the first page you see is the TOS with a tix box to proceed to the signup page just like this forum does and many other software. I don't see the point of requesting a dumb down signup page to only present the user with another form immediately to complete before registration is complete. I would be like skip, skip, skip or bla bla bla if I had to complete all that crap for a site that I'm not sure if I'm interested in. There go, you have another incomplete profile lingering on your site.


I would prefer to be taken to my account settings and given that option to complete at my leisure. But if you want my 2 cents, I think the profile settings should have a check/reminder to how complete they are displayed to owner ie. "Your Profile is 25% Completed, Would you like to complete it now?" "Thank you, your profile is now fully complete".
Be the first person to like this.
Quote:
Originally posted by: Purefan :: phpFox
confirmed, its gonna be stepped the sign up process.
Every step is going to have custom fields admins can set from the admin panel.


wow thanks purefan its really a cool feature. thanks again.
Be the first person to like this.
CLUBUGLY
I like the "step" process but only in the sense after you register you are presented with it and allowed to skip it and come back to it later. Most SN sites do it in that fashion. They don't do the step at signup. You signup first, validate your account and then mostly what I've seen you are presented with a invite your friends/import your email contacts, crop your avatar and then finish your profile with option to skip and come back to it later.

Remember that if validation is enabled, whatever happens at signup needs to be sweet and short cause a lot of people get annoyed with validation. So if they can validate quickly, then I don't think they will have problems with the step process after validation. Which by the way needs to have a "resend validation email link" so they can get it resent if they missed it. Also needs to have a physical validation group that permissions can be set for so they are not left completely in the wind waiting for a email confirmation.
Be the first person to like this.
cobra12512
Quote:
Originally posted by: ClubUgly
I like the "step" process but only in the sense after you register you are presented with it and allowed to skip it and come back to it later. Most SN sites do it in that fashion. They don't do the step at signup. You signup first, validate your account and then mostly what I've seen you are presented with a invite your friends/import your email contacts, crop your avatar and then finish your profile with option to skip and come back to it later.

Remember that if validation is enabled, whatever happens at signup needs to be sweet and short cause a lot of people get annoyed with validation. So if they can validate quickly, then I don't think they will have problems with the step process after validation. Which by the way needs to have a "resend validation email link" so they can get it resent if they missed it. Also needs to have a physical validation group that permissions can be set for so they are not left completely in the wind waiting for a email confirmation.



THAT EXACLY WHAT WE NEED IN 2.0.... WE NEED TO SUBMIT ALL THIS TO THE REQUEST FEATURES....
Be the first person to like this.
Quote:
Originally posted by: cobra12512
WE NEED TO SUBMIT ALL THIS TO THE REQUEST FEATURES....

Now we're talking Tongue We take that list to figure out what to work on, of course we remember at times "oh that post in that forum..." but we for sure will go to the feature requests so thats the place to ask for features and make sure we listen Smile
Be the first person to like this.
I just wish someone knew if the profiles in v2 will be able to look like the ones in 1.6.....it will be a deal breaker for me as my members dont like the facebook look...
Be the first person to like this.
CLUBUGLY
I posted this in the feature request section and referenced this topic. Can someone please close this topic to preserve it's suggestion of signup process and step routine please.

Please start a new post for new inquiries or feedback please. Trying to keep this one on topic.

Also, everyone else looking on, go vote now for this. This is one of the biggest presentation points of a site. >>> >>> >>> http://forums.phpfox.com/project.php?issueid=1757

Be the first person to like this.