so far i love where this is going it looks great guys i cant wait to see how far this goes.

just some suggestions and i bet you are already working on them

1) Forums. just something better then what we got and i think i remember Natio saying this was gonna be a big point

2) Gallery. Multiple Img Upload, ability to set # of imgs a user can upload not just the size , maby albums. and not just this user has XXX bytes of space to upload. o and if it is in bytes at least change to KB converting is starting to hurt my head.
also my members love the stupid little things like the flash gallery mod i have on my site. just sits on there profile and scrolls through the imgs.

3) Staff permisions. be able to make staff more of a moderator be able to place them in charge of a section like forums exe. and be able to create more then 1 type of staff.

4) on the CSS separate some of the things that are controlled by the same style .border 13 for example controls not only the title bar of sections but its also the alternate color for the recent forums.

looks great guys and again i cant wait for this.
Be the first person to like this.
cobra12512
It whould be nice to have a two galleries, one for all the users and one for the admin or something in the main gallery where it shows the gallery of the site, great for Club pictures, parties... And so on..
cobra12512
Something where people can rate themself to create more activity on the site, something like what we have but make it more visible to users and somewhere where they can see who is on the list, most of the options on 1.6 are hidden to people, we need more stuff to make it more active some type of featured that makes buzzz...
Easy to use is the key my users are one pebkac error away from driving me Nutz
not only that but the less then can use the less they are on my site and the less $ i make

pebkac =Problem Exists between Keyboard And Chair

lol and yes you can use that one
cobra12512
You Got It Charly If This Is Hard To Use People Won't Use It, People Are Too Lazy To Learn Something New When There Is Something Already Out There That They Already Know How To Use... So I Hope We Make This Retarted Easy....lol No Offence....
Yeah the problem with 1.6 and the class usage is that we had to make it compatible with older versions and their templates/themes, but now we're going from scratch so those things like .border13 shouldnt happen again, besides the templates are module dependent and controllers are separated from the blocks which makes it easier to see where's the ba-da-boom Tongue
Nice i like where this is going. so every module is going to have its own delegated template file with individual css? or just one css file better seperated?

because with the first of separate css it will make life so much easier trying to find where that one line out of 2500 was to change the font size of something Tongue
Currently every module has its own css folder but they're empty (hehe) there is one global CSS which is controlling everything but if you were to create a new template you can distribute it with its CSS files module dependent instead of site wide available.

To be honest I think there shouldnt be much problem with one rather big CSS if you know what css class you're looking for, for nearly everything you should be able to select some text or a div and right click to view selected source and then you can see the class that's controlling that portion, then CTRL+F and find the class in the CSS. Still the module css file would complement (or override maybe?) the site css, still havent tried it overriding some class property.

I guess having one css helps caching as opposed to having to cache X files, I know it may a tiny thing but we're even using single quotes on php files when theres no variable parsing needed and reusing database objects to avoid extra queries so in the end everything counts... We just looked at a complementary apache cache module that may help, still contemplating if we should implement it but we want the script to be as fast and stable as possible Smile
Great nice crisp clean and simple code. and ya if the new css is layed out well all is good i have just not wanted to back through and redefine all the class' in 1.6

but going as far as reducing single char's that arnt needed omg just the thought of what else you have done...... i think i need some alone time lol Tongue