i realy like the footerbar chat, if we can apply it here, maybe using ajax for more faster response. ability to change skin would be great and of course more robust feature in the chat session like sending winks and other animated greetings.

mikex7
Be the first person to like this.
Yes !!

natio, We need footerbar chat Box [Like FB] Smile That`s Cool Way to Get Chat With online Friends !!..
Yes facebook style is the way to go, anything else is useless since we have meebo, for web solutions, its fast and effecient.

-make it so we can set rules e.g. banning individual people from it

-seeing chat sessions between users, for example UserA + UserB, so you can see their whole convo, and if theres an instance of a new convo, it will be added to that log, and will be bumped up for admins and staff to see

-an optional option so spammers dont use it (e.g: 30 activity points to use)

man if we can seriously get options like this, phpfox WILL be miles ahead of any other solutions.
hopefully this will be implemented......teeth
The IM is going to be another module so the same rules apply there regarding access in a membership level but also we're adding a user specific ban system that will be available site wide, so you will be able to ban userA from the forums only, or the Gallery only, or the General Chat only... Because if you can set your privacy settings to only friends can contact you and then any user you dont want wont be able to IM with you.

And of course a flood control which will be part of the Spam module (think thats what its called)
Quote:
Originally posted by: mikex7
i realy like the footerbar chat, if we can apply it here, maybe using ajax for more faster response. ability to change skin would be great and of course more robust feature in the chat session like sending winks and other animated greetings.

mikex7

hi,
i see the footerbar is already there, but what about smilies, winks and animated greetings ? maybe like msn with a twist with facebook footerbar style..... this would be really great for users to use ... esp the animated winks and greetings... maybe the winks and greetings can be offer to others to create (instruction manual on how to do this to designer or anyone capable and make a store front for this , i myself would like to buy and add to my community)

p.s if it is easy to create, i can create myself or offer it to the community here,

Vote for this feature here : http://forums.phpfox.com/project.php?issueid=2342

thanks,
mikex7
I already have a footer chat/messanger on my site.. i think i used toska but im now using meebo thanks to one of the dev's i also got the ajaxim working too.. i will release the plugin asap. I just want to test it first.
One thing I hope is that the new IM will have ad's displayed in them.
The whole point of anybody building a social site is to make money.
I have meebo chat/IM bar for phpfox. I will be posting the plugin as soon as meebo gives me permission to.

i been working with one of there staff members Daniel Bernstein to make it.
Daniel Bernstein
Director of Business Development
Meebo, Inc.