If this is how 2.0 will look like then I will either just keep my current 1.6 or switch over to Social Engine.

Social Engine >>>>>> Phpfox 2.0

phpfox 1.6 >>>>>> social engine and the rest of the other SN softwares out there
Be the first person to like this.
Quote:
Originally posted by: kencox
All I care about is will my member still be able to have there own custimzed profile page? This is very important to my members.

Yes they will Smile
how about members privacy??
We're thinking of keeping the same levels, Only friends can view profile, post comments, or public to everyone... pretty much like it is now, or do you have any idea we can look onto? Smile
Yea.
You could divide every profile section to modules and make separate privacy settings for each of them.
Otherwise - don't listen to those mortals xD
Nice work with the re-structuring. I think it's gonna be more optimized now.
As for the theme - the current one is awful, to speak the truth. But as you said - it's just alpha. If you want to get positive feedback for an alpha version - make a kick-ass theme and look how everyone says this product rocks. But that's if you really hate to be criticized.
When I release some alpha product, I hate it when I have positive feedback because I don't know what to improve and I still know it isn't perfect.
I'm saying this because of your comments starting with "I'm sorry to hear that..."

To sum it up - the code is good, the theme is close to scary. You have much work left but we all know you guys rock and will do a good job, just like you usually do.
Thank you Dr! Much appreciated the encouraging words :D

Yeah the code engine is the real beauty of version 2, it allows so much to be done... just now that you mentioned it I thought of a plugin (not even a modification to the way it all works now) of how to make the privacy settings go beyond its current reach Smile

Sadly I think the theme is going to prevail until the final release lol! but we will provide others dont worry, there should be one that fits your liking better Smile
Quote:
Originally posted by: natio :: phpFox
We plan on releasing a legacy design which will allow those that still want to use the v1.6.x look with the new engine.

Thank you

thank you very much for this I personally like the new lightweight looking design however my members have expressed they don't like Facebook and they liked the ability to have the myspace type profiles.

Hopefully we can have a nice clean design and still have that profile of ability so members can express themselves. I think Facebook Took individual expression out with their plain looking profiles. So it's a relief to hear this. Hopefully we can combine a mix of the look and not just one or the other. Thank you
The second beauty of version 2 is that its tableless designed and every module has its own set of template files, so if you want just one section to be different you know where to look and I believe more designers will like to work with version 2 Smile
Quote:
Originally posted by: Purefan :: phpFox
We're thinking of keeping the same levels, Only friends can view profile, post comments, or public to everyone... pretty much like it is now, or do you have any idea we can look onto? Smile

yes i like to have more options in privacy section, like facebook u can control evrything you want
hehe ok yeah I meant same levels of privacy applied to your blogs, or gallery or whatever
I think it looks terrible. I waited forever for this new version and I hate it. Why didn't they just improve the 1.6 version by making it smoother looking. Its plain and looks boring. I will stick with the older version. My users would not like this at all.
Why do you care what an ALPHA release looks like? Its a feature testing platform. You can skin it any way you want when its released.

Quote:
Originally posted by: usachatnow
I think it looks terrible. I waited forever for this new version and I hate it. Why didn't they just improve the 1.6 version by making it smoother looking. Its plain and looks boring. I will stick with the older version. My users would not like this at all.
where are the modules, videos,forum and music and such? or is that all gonna cost extra?
guys, this is still alpha version....... when the final stable version is out.... your questions would be answered....
Seriously, doesn't anyone read? This is the ALPHA version. Get it? No, I didn't think so. rolleyes

Perhaps the phpFox team should have shown the alpha to a select few (developers) who actually understand what is going on.

I am normally pretty cool but this is just annoying.
cobra12512
Lol, i knowm an i keep seeing people, talking smack about it, is like read first then talk...lol I dont get it but i guess is just being newbie, i member does days.... lol