Is it me, or are we missing a ton of stuff? Wheres the forums? Polls? Quizzes? I know this is just in alpha, but after installing this on a beta domain of my site, im not impressed at all.

Are the polls, quizzes, and modules like that going to be included or is this something were going to have to install once the rc comes out?

Also, anyone else having problems changing the logo? When i change it, my logo is cut off on the bottom and the right. i changed the css properties to make it bigger and i can see a bit more,but its still cutting the bottom off.

I really hope this software improves before the RC.
Be the first person to like this.
Quote:
Originally posted by: joeloar
Is it me, or are we missing a ton of stuff? Wheres the forums? Polls? Quizzes? I know this is just in alpha, but after installing this on a beta domain of my site, im not impressed at all.

Are the polls, quizzes, and modules like that going to be included or is this something were going to have to install once the rc comes out?

Also, anyone else having problems changing the logo? When i change it, my logo is cut off on the bottom and the right. i changed the css properties to make it bigger and i can see a bit more,but its still cutting the bottom off.

I really hope this software improves before the RC.

if you read the phpfox company blog you will see they explain this. i just hope members can still have myspace like profiles and we can still have templates and an index_member page etc.

I like the clean look but i dont want a plain facebook looking site....
Please read Natio's announcement on the alpha release.

Specifically "Currently the Alpha release available for download includes the Core Engine and a few of the modules that will be part of the complete social networking package. Note that this is in no way the final product nor is this product in anyway complete. Many of the features we provided with the Alpha release are still not completed and many of the sections/functions are not functional as they simply havent been developed yet. We will be releasing updates for the Alpha download so testers can use the latest code from our repository once certain sections/functions have been added/fixed."
I don't know why people don't read
Quote:
Originally posted by: parmenti
I don't know why people don't read

I do read, thank you. Sorry for missing the article on the company blog. Damn i wish i was perfect.

Thanks to those that actually gave me a real answer, craigster. Appreciate it.
Complaining about a Alpha release??

I thought it was common knowledge that alphas are no where near the final product. Sit back guys and help em out by reporting bugs or things with limited functionality.

SMH
Alpha is before Beta, and Betas aren't even complete why would you expect this to be a finished product, just thank the phpFoX team for letting us have a sneak peak.

I speak with that assumption everyone on this forum is a webmaster and i know that's not tooo out of this world.
It is PhpFox not HtmlFox look deeply what the engine itself can do, modular system, OOP and JQuery framework. It is a good Skeleton and on time as promised, html is the last we have to worry about.
LOL this is going to be a fun few months if not a year with people all ready complaning ( not spacfic to this thread but all threads in the v2 section ).

Wait till beta comes out and some fool upgrades there live siteas they will and then when the RC comes out and some fool turns in to a lot of fools upgrade there live sites and wounder why its all gone wrong.

I remember a guy paying $16,000 for a site with 1000 members running 1.1 and upgrading to 1.5 RC and it all going wrong lol its not funny but boy to some ppl not have a clue
My god, im not complaining, im just wondering. Im an active member of these forums, and i didnt mean to start any problems. My bad for not reading the company blog. End of story. Someone needs to close this thread.
Quote:
Originally posted by: safeplace

Wait till beta comes out and some fool upgrades there live siteas they will and then when the RC comes out and some fool turns in to a lot of fools upgrade there live sites and wounder why its all gone wrong.

If I could frame this post... tongue
Thankfully there was no upgrade routine in the alpha release, or we might have already seen complaints like safeplace mentions. omg
Quote:
Originally posted by: joeloar
I do read, thank you. Sorry for missing the article on the company blog. Damn i wish i was perfect.

I apologize for the remark.. I was in a bit of a mood today and I think this thread is the 4th or 5th instance where I have responded to similar statements. My apologies.
Reading is fundamental R.I.F. remember that? lol
Regardless of the fact of reading it looks somewhat like face book and even though yes all the features are not up yet in this pre-demo still not what I expected...but everyone is entitled to there opinion even people who read or feel that they are the smartest individual posting in a topic like after reading this most people do...maybe we can focus more on V2 than internet jabbing