Hi,

It will be nice to have a "Private" botton in the comments posted on our profile, next to "quote", allowing us to reply with a private message.

Thanks
Be the first person to like this.
Raymond Benc
Would the message show up on their profile as a private message or should we create a link to send the user a private message via the "Compose" page thus the message would then end up in their Inbox?

In any case both ideas sound good. Smile

Thanks
Well I was thinking about a link to compose a private message.

Another thing is about the replys to comments. They should appear inside the message to witch we reply like in the PhpFox blog.

Thanks
I think if your going to do it, it could be to show up on their profile but so only they can see it. Otherwise they could just click the PM link or even if you just had three option near the comments box like:

Add Comment | Add Private | Send PM
The link should be inside the comment that we want to send a PM to open the compose box with the name of the member that posted the comment in "To" field
i don't see the point of another "private message"
Hi,

Imagine that someone add a comment in your profile and you want to reply with a private message. What to do? O must enter the profile of that member and then click on "send a message" button.

So, why not have a button next to "Quote" in the comment that will lead you directly to the compose box?

Thanks
It would be cool to have the choice to comment privately but yet have your name on the profile, with other words people can see that you commented on that other members profile, but they can't see the comment. This way you can still show that you have replied to that person, but it is still private.

If you don't want your name to be public at all then just send them a PM.

Did that make any sense? hehe
LOL show members you commented privatly, that would incite some mega-paranoia XD
CLUBUGLY
Ok, I understand what He and Natio is saying, but I think others are confusing it. He just wants a link on the profile page being viewed linking to the PM system to send a message privately to the comment owner with comment owner name pre-filled.

Anna is suggesting posting annonymous comments. This is different than whats being suggested but is a cool option that I would more less let the members decide whether or not to enable it.

XD2 is somewhat same as Anna, but all the links are not necessary when you can simply have a tix box on the comment window to check post annonymous or not. As for the PM link, it can go right up there with the rest

The thing about hiding comments and only visiable to profile owner is just over complicating things. You are better off just calling it "comments need approval before going live" which is built in and just ask natio to add a feature/tix box in any status to hide the comment. Now you got private comment lol
Yeah a link that will go to a PM box with the name filled in and the message quoted perhaps is a good alternative
Quote:
Originally posted by: webmasterx
Yeah a link that will go to a PM box with the name filled in and the message quoted perhaps is a good alternative

just having the pm link link maks sense. No point in having a private comment
Private comments might be good. Some people use comments to display images like hugs/bdays and etc....

Some might want to post a comment about kissing to someone, but don't want anyone else to read what type of comment they posted.

Otherwise they would have to spam the users pm with useless stuff. i mean, who wants anything in their PM that they don't want to reply to... like a kiss comment?

I think a private comment system would be awesome and i've seen this done before, just forgot what website.
does anyone know how to pass to the private message module the user you are replying to?

i know to get a the user from the comment using $row.user_id

what should my link look like.

anyone know?

many thanks