Hi,

A try to send a private message to several friends and the solutions used is a bit confusing because I could not rebember there names.

Why not have, as a second option, a button next to the "TO" field that will open a new window with all our friends with select boxes in it for us to selected the friend we want to send the message?

Thanks.
Be the first person to like this.
I love this Idea something to mass message people on your friends list..
Raymond Benc
We had initially planned on doing something like this. Similar to how Friendster has their compose a message feature. What we can do is work up a 2nd feature that will do an Ajax pop-up and display your list of friends from where you can browse/search for the friends you would like.

Currently mass mailing your friends is supported, however you need to know all their names. Smile
CLUBUGLY
Well I don't really see the need for a ajax popup box because there is enough room to the right to just display your contacts in a block and that way they are right there handy without unecessary steps to invoke them. You just simply click the name to add them to the list of receipients. However, I would like to see a CC: field and attachment field for allowed filetypes such as txt, pdf and doc which a lot of people could find handy for sharing events. Or better yet the admin can atleast upload attachements to messages.
Hi,

Could it just list all the friends in a list with check boxes for us to select the ones we want?

A simple list just in text without the avatar images.

Thanks
Raymond Benc
Some good ideas. Keep them coming. We will definitely look into improving the mail module.
CLUBUGLY
Quote:
Originally posted by: natio :: phpFox
Some good ideas. Keep them coming. We will definitely look into improving the mail module.

Well I know this is by design but I think it's wrong. We should be able to send messages to ourselves. The reason is I might need to make a note to myself so I send it to myself for safe keeping. You can do this with IPB, Joomla, MSN, Outlook and etc. Right now Alpha gives a bla message "Invalid Message".

Also, a "Draft" folder is needed and I don't think I need to explain its purpose Tongue

As well number indicators next to the folders to indicate (0) Empty or (5) for unread.

Also need the ability to mark messages as unread so that we can float them until convienent to read later.

Thanks Smile
Raymond Benc
Quote:
Originally posted by: ClubUgly
Well I know this is by design but I think it's wrong. We should be able to send messages to ourselves. The reason is I might need to make a note to myself so I send it to myself for safe keeping. You can do this with IPB, Joomla, MSN, Outlook and etc. Right now Alpha gives a bla message "Invalid Message".

Good idea, I do this all the time so I can see how this is very handy. I will add this as an option for Admins to decide, mainly because we had it working like this way back but had requests to not allow it. In any case both methods will be supported and will leave it up to the Admins to decide. Smile

Quote:

Also, a "Draft" folder is needed and I don't think I need to explain its purpose Tongue

Added to our to-do list.

Quote:

As well number indicators next to the folders to indicate (0) Empty or (5) for unread.

Added to our to-do list.

Quote:

Also need the ability to mark messages as unread so that we can float them until convienent to read later.

There is support for this at the moment, or least last time I worked on it. If you select one of your messages the drop downs under the breadcrumb should allow you to mark messages as read/unread.

Quote:

Thanks Smile

Not a problem.
a drop down list of our friends with checkboxes would be great, some of them may have long names thus would be difficult to type in their names. Maybe the list can be in groups like top list, friends , families and ability to add more groups. this way we wouldnt have to browse all their names if we have 100 or more friends. We can also send mass message to these particular groups if for example we want to invite for birthday party for our family groups only.

mikex7