I love the very fluid look to it cant wait to see some styles people can come up with, with this.

Hey any chance you can post us some screen shots of the admin panel?

and the forums section will that be available for demo by alpha 2?
Be the first person to like this.
Raymond Benc
Quote:
Originally posted by: ClubUgly
Mockups added below.

Thanks for the mock up it helped understand #6, it thought you meant another area to display the available HTML tags; however in the AdminCP we can definitely add it to the custom user groups and display all the available HTML tags.

For #5 & #6 this is exactly what we had in mind so our system should work similar.

Thanks again!
Quote:
7. I walked away from computer for over an 1hr 30mins and was still logged into acp... That is not really safe imo. Should be like 15 mins no activity and you will have to re-log back in.

Quote:
7. We plan on implementing this.

Please make this optional as no-one else uses my computer and relogging in everytime I go for a brew just annoys me. If people are logging into there admin from a shared computer they really should be remembering to log out. What good is a 15min activity timer if someone jumps on right after you and starts being "Active".
Raymond Benc
Quote:
Originally posted by: XD2
Please make this optional as no-one else uses my computer and relogging in everytime I go for a brew just annoys me. If people are logging into there admin from a shared computer they really should be remembering to log out. What good is a 15min activity timer if someone jumps on right after you and starts being "Active".

This will be an option controlled via the AdminCP.
Hi Natio,

V2.0 is looking very fresh and interesting. Would you please confirm the following:

- Is the new blog system Phpfox or Wordpress?

- If Wordpress, can I import and integrate my own Wordpress blog?

As I understand this would be in line with open social.

Please advise about the new blogging system.

Thank you
Michael
Raymond Benc
Quote:
Originally posted by: Michael

- Is the new blog system Phpfox or Wordpress?

It is phpFox.

Quote:

- If Wordpress, can I import and integrate my own Wordpress blog?

Since it is phpFox this won't work, however we plan on developing an import script that will import data from other social networking, forum and in this case blog scripts. Although we will not be able to start development on this project until v2 goes stable.

Quote:

As I understand this would be in line with open social.

Correct. We plan on adding Open Social support with v2. We have developed our own Application system, similar to how Facebook has their own; however we want to add Open Social support as well so we can get the best of both worlds. At a later time we are going to look into adding support for the Facebook Application Api.

Quote:

Thank you
Michael

Not a problem. Smile
Hi again,

It sounds good, thanks for your reply re. blogs.

Just another one:

In the new system, although we collect the age in the signup form, is there going to be a way that the age can be switched on or off in the profiles?

ie. not everybody wants to show to the world how old/young they are.

Thanks again
Michael
CLUBUGLY
Quote:
Originally posted by: XD2

Who can come behind you and use your computer is not the main issue... It's those damned hackers with the popups, trojans, spyware that get's downloaded to your computer and they monitor or steal your cookies and sessions.

Natio has said he is going to make it optional, but imo it should just be automatic. You guys worry about your site being safe but you are not concerned about ACP security.

As for your logging in & out point is not very valid to me as right now you have to log in and out of your site and acp just to view changes in guest view and also you can't stay logged in as an admin and view the site as a guest at the same time.

15 mins is a long time of no ACP activity but I could deal with 30 minutes max which Im sure is more than enough time to go get a brew and a smoke. Remember this is based on absolute no activity. It will not kick you out every 30 mins when you are working. You have to have 30 mins of no clicking similar to a screensaver.
Quote:
Who can come behind you and use your computer is not the main issue... It's those damned hackers with the popups, trojans, spyware that get's downloaded to your computer and they monitor or steal your cookies and sessions.

Natio has said he is going to make it optional, but imo it should just be automatic. You guys worry about your site being safe but you are not concerned about ACP security.

I am concerned about ACP security but then by the same rule you should be concerned about general computer security and you wouldn't have to worry about the Trojans and Spyware, I am behind a firewall and have a full internet secuirty suite installed so this isn't an issue for me, plus if you did have an issue with that sort of thing then an automatic logout is to little to late.

And I was suggesting logging out as of in Version 2 as I understand how it works now but the same goes you can still just log out when your done.

I also want to add I wasn't trying to dig at anyone I was just offering a suggestion of what I prefer.

Edit: As a solution to having to login and out to view as a guest I use two browser like Firefox and IE cause you can login on one and not on the other. If that helps any.
CLUBUGLY
No I didn't think you were digging at anyone so please don't feel afraid to say what you want to.

As for the sessions thing is that many reasons that can affect security ie nosey girlfriend, playful kids or enemies. My ACP session kept me logged in for hours and even after just closing the tab and browser when I revisted it in 2.0 I was still logged in. A lot of people are not going to remember to physically log out the ACP when every other competing software automaticly ends your session after a certain time has passed of no activity.

I don't really mind them adding a option for admins to decide, but I think out the box it should come enbled and if people wish to disable it then they do so at there own risk.

As for using two browsers, I do that now which is very tiring from a developer standpoint because I have to flip back in forth logging in and out of them both evalute changes so it's really double the pain for me. If you take a look at my site now and all the custom work I have done you will prolly wonder how did I even make it to the point where I am now without wanting to destroy something lol

Like the look and feel so far star

Had a problem registering though

I registered and didn't select a profile pic and got the error only jpeg allowed it then reverted back to the registration scene but wouldn't let me upload a pic saying my password wasn't right.

Requested a new password and managed to login to find that it had indeed uploaded my profile pic.

I worked at it and got logged in but it could make others not bother

Great so far, can't wait to see the other things being added and the home page look
Ok, WOW, where to begin. First Id like to thank Club Ugly, really nice to have someone take the time to put in such detailed feedback. This is great so natio can see some things he may have overlooked.

I havent read everything so this may have been answered. A couple of things. I was waiting so long for a cleaner design. My problem is, since Ive started my site ( which was the first in its niche ) everyone is copying and I dont want to look like the other sites.

1. Will we still be able to make different themes? Dumb question probably.
2. will the users profile still be able to be customized with backgrounds and all that, or will it all be a facebook type look.
3. Will we still have an index_member page with recent logins and all that stuff.
Thank you
While we're on the subject of profile pics.. what's everyones opinion on improving the profile pic routine. Should we have a profile pic cropper so that we can get some regular sized thumbnails? I would love it if we could have a cropper and then have copies created of the thumbnail cropped AND not cropped. Becaused I want the regular sized thumbs for design ease on the general sight, but then I'd like having the normal sized photo for profile as well. Anyone have any thoughts on this topic? Crazy size thumbs everywhere just looks really messy and makes for unprofessional looking design work.
Quote:
Originally posted by: parmenti
While we're on the subject of profile pics.. what's everyones opinion on improving the profile pic routine. Should we have a profile pic cropper so that we can get some regular sized thumbnails? I would love it if we could have a cropper and then have copies created of the thumbnail cropped AND not cropped. Becaused I want the regular sized thumbs for design ease on the general sight, but then I'd like having the normal sized photo for profile as well. Anyone have any thoughts on this topic? Crazy size thumbs everywhere just looks really messy and makes for unprofessional looking design work.

I'm all for it. Don't know if that has been added to the Feature Requests yet or not, but I'd recommend doing so if not.
I have created the feature request for thumbnail - avatar cropper and you can show your support by visiting here

http://forums.phpfox.com/project.php?issueid=1714
This is nicely done. I have it installed in my localhost. So far, the redesign of phpfox looks more user friendly and extremely well done. It would be nice if the profile section would be still similar to myspace or even better.

The most appealing part of the phpfox would be profile section and rest comes next and without that users will just get bored and move on to better places.