I posted on AVAST forum, but hoping phpfox admins can get to them to correct this problem. For those not familiar, AVAST antivirus http://avast.com latest updates are not letting members into accounts; says malicious site. I started getting dozens of reports from my members today; checked other phpfox site and same problem.
Be the first person to like this.
Which is actually good news.. utube's voice will be heard.
If you have your members set to go to account.public when logging in you may want to change it until AVAST updates. I put an announcement on my home page to let members know the problem with malicious site warning is an AVAST error, I let them know sites like youtube.com are affected too, so they don't freak as much, and this is where they go when logging in for now. If you are not sure where to make the change it is as follows: design-templates-default-public-login.html
cobra12512
I notice this thinking it was my dns, stuoid avast is bloking the account page...
Just to let anyone know, who might be reading this thread, that the problem has been resolved. If your AVAST antivirus is set to auto-update, you should be all set. I tested on our site, another site, as well as youtube.com and all are now allowing account access. The only issue was with account access; all other pages could be viewed.
ok c88 thanks for the info, I will move your thread to the solved cases sub-forum
Osii
I still have my website blocked, even after update. Avast support says that:

"According to the information provided by our technicians Virus Laboratory, avast! complains about the use of certain extensions (like "ShareThis"), which use bad practice (hidden links).

Disable or remove the code that hides the links (dnnViewState function () {var a = 0, m, v, t, z, x = new Array ('9091968376 '............) to that the site is no longer blocked by the avast!"

Any idea?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally posted by: Parada

I still have my website blocked, even after update. Avast support says that:

"According to the information provided by our technicians Virus Laboratory, avast! complains about the use of certain extensions (like "ShareThis"), which use bad practice (hidden links).

Disable or remove the code that hides the links (dnnViewState function () {var a = 0, m, v, t, z, x = new Array ('9091968376 '............) to that the site is no longer blocked by the avast!"

Any idea?

Thanks.

You will want to disable/uninstall any mods that you have that are using the Share This script.
Donna(data66)
What is the share this script? Is it an add on you got? If so, what is the link to it please?
Osii
Thanks! Any idea how to discover that?
Donna(data66)
Where did you get the share this script they speak of?
http://www.sharethis.com/ - this?

http://www.phpfox.com/addons/view/wms-sharethis/
Last update on January 30, 2014 by Zixia604.
Osii
I don't have this mod installed. What i have is younet publisher and younet stream. But i disabled then to test but it didn't helped.

Thanks.
Parada - you can PM me your URL and I can take a peek if you like
Donna(data66)
Please submit a ticket to our Community Department if Younet is again causing sites to show as malware/phishing. This happened before. Please inform them too.