I posted about this previously and checked with phpFox support, who suggested I add as a feature request, which I did.

I was searching the Knowledge Base for something else and stumbled upon this post from last year, by JaneLu, which addresses this very issue:

http://www.phpfox.com/kb/article/172/how-to-see-index-visitor-without-loging-out-and-add-it-to-members-menu/

Here are her instructions:

Ok this is what I did
In admincp/CMS/Menu/Manage Menu
I edited the dashboard menu like this
Rename the word (Dashboard) to (Home)and
Where it says URL add URL: core/index-visitor

Renamed the profile menu to (My Account)

Than create a new menu like this
Product: phpfox
Module: Core
Connection: profile.my
URL: live this blank
Language Package Details: My Dashboard

Update the menu order to have the My Dashboard on top in the my account menu as in the screenshot

So when you click home you will be taken to visitor page
And when you hove the my account you will see all the profile links plus the dashboard link that take you to the dashboard...

I thought I struck the motherlode with this find, but when I followed the instructions, I find that, in V2, there is no "dashboard menu."

Can anyone see a way for JaneLu's recommendation to be implemented in V2, which doesn't appear to have a dashboard menu -- or perhaps it's called something else now?
Last update on March 18, 2011 by nancyg.
Be the first person to like this.
This is how you do and you can add it however you want will update that old tutorial
The member area that I have called Home I like to call it "My Account" and add have the HOME before it and all links related to an user account under the "My Account menu"

So this is how mine looks like
makes sence?
Thanks again, Jane! I'm going to try it shortly and will let you know how it goes.

thumbs_up
Okay, I'm confused, so please be patient. Your instructions were perfect, Jane, it's just that I set the menu up quite a while ago very different from the original template.

Now I want to make sure I don't mess things up horribly...lol...in trying to follow your instructions.

You know how you have your MY ACCOUNT menu tab?

Well, I have the dashboard UNDER that, as a submenu, like this:

MY PAGE

- My Profile
- Edit Profile
- Edit Profile Picture
- Customize Profile
- Dashboard

"Dashboard" is listed as one of the "children" for the My Page menu.

The location of My Page menu says "profile.my"

My entire menu (when logged in) is set up like this, from left to right:

MAIN (goes to external site)

COMMUNITY HOME (this is what I want both visitors and logged-in members to be able to click to get to the phpFox home page; right now, only visitors can use this menu item)

MY PAGE

and then other menu items like Explore, Help
wrong instructions so I deleted :D
Last update on March 18, 2011 by Jane Marcia (aka. JaneLu).
you good, you just have to make sure that

COMMUNITY HOME

set this to allow only Registered user to see

and then create another (new menu)
name it COMMUNITY HOME too
and for the link leave it blank

and set this to allow only guess to see it
Last update on March 18, 2011 by Jane Marcia (aka. JaneLu).
Okay, I'm going to try now and see what happens. I'll PM you with testing login info anyway, just in case. LOL

Smile
make sure u read again cos I edited lol
Okay, thanks. I have to take care of something else first, so this may take me a little while.

I'll let you know how it goes though!

Thanks again. Smile
Well, that helped me find a few other things I need to fix (images aren't showing in IE, for example; I use Firefox) Wink

Anyway, I followed your awesome instructions, and it does allow the logged-in member to click COMMUNITY HOME and go to the home page, but only part of the home page is visible.

Linked deleted per Oh Wise One. Smile

When logged in and one clicks COMMUNITY HOME, only the video part on down is visible. The theme's graphic design (header graphic and three smaller graphics) doesn't show.

Even if I can't see the full home page when logged in, at least that menu button now functions more properly.

Thank you again, Jane! Smile
irk, u dont want me to do just another signup do you?
Just PM'd you. Smile
lol now way i am not creating another account. I am sick of phpfox signup forms and email logins Tongue
Pm me now and deleteur link from here
core/index-visitor this doesn't bring me to the home page.
All above is for old versions is anything new for V.3.5?
yes, i'd love to know too