I honestly haven't given this much thought at all, and so I don't even know what all would be needed -- in a perfect world -- to do this.

I've wanted Group chat for a while, and I suppose that's one feature that would be helpful.

I'm not even sure what to search for since I haven't pondered this much at all, so I'm just throwing out the question: "Has anyone here had online classes taught via your site and, if so, what tools were helpful, and what tools are available?"

I realize the type of class no doubt makes a difference, so this is just a generic question at this point.

Thanks much. Smile
Be the first person to like this.
I think google drive(docs) is the best teacher tool because you do everything in real time.Someone should make it work with Fox.
Google drive is exactly that - a "tool".

Moodle is a Learning Management System (LMS), which contains many built-in tools for creating and managing Lessons and Courses which can be accessed online.

Moodle also was designed to make it easy for teachers to include third-party applications, and it can do pretty much everything that a phpfox site can do...

Moodle also allows you to evaluate and grade how much people are learning - through a variety of assessment tools, including quizzes.

Think about it: all year long there are thousands of Teachers and University Professors around the world using Moodle, and there are hundreds of them who have Coding and Development ability...

and they are constantly upgrading this FREE Open-Source script to improve things to make education easier for everybody who uses Moodle...including Documentation for Everything.

Support? think of a Forum where there are dozens of people like Data66 - helping by sharing their experiences and knowledge. Check out the entire Video library on youtube.com, which is constantly updated by people who love to be helpful (i.e. most teachers).

No big surprise that they now have a Moodle Mobile App which allows you to help people learn via Mobile Phones (actually,I think several APPs are available, including HTML5).

Moodle's default templates are now Responsive and easily accessed on all devices.

Students can now take photos and Videos on their phones and upload them directly to their Moodle courses...so think of the creative kinds of Learning Tasks which are now available.

Oh, and what is the PRICE again?
FREE.

I would like to see PhpFox become certified for Learning Module Interoperability, as discussed here:
https://eliademy.com/lti

I don't see why Moodle could not be accessed as an APP for phpfox users...

But, I would prefer if the User IDs were integrated and info could be passed back and forth...

I would like to show Quiz Results in the Feed, and have a Leaderboard on the Front Page of my Fox site, for example.

Any developers reading this who want to do some Moodle Custom integrations, please PM me.
By the way, the new Moodle has its own Webinar solution built into it.
IT is OpenSource, and is another thing which PhpFox could easily integrate for its customers to enhance the business opportunities:

https://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/
Hi,there was an addon that integrated moodle to phpfox, Do you know what happend to that?
Quote:
Originally posted by: yoggi

Hi,there was an addon that integrated moodle to phpfox, Do you know what happend to that?

No, sorry.
The one which I remember was priced way too high, and the developer seemed unreliable.

I do not know if anyone else has done one.

I think that the guys who did the integration for Wordpress were thinking about doing Moodle also...
I do not know if they did.
They seemed trustworthy.
What about courses addon?
Quote:
Originally posted by: yoggi

What about courses addon?

I do not know what you mean.
Quote:
Originally posted by: socialnetworker

I do not know what you mean.

Trainings/Courses modulehttp://www.phpfox.com/addons/search-id_f0ba34d228bb16167d50e5e3f0c3ba21/
Last update on February 6, 2014 by yoggi.
Quote:

It looked very nice, but was missing many features when I looked last year.
Why dont we unite efforts to ask some developer to make the addon for integrate phpfox-moodle scripts?
How many guys could be interested in this addon?
Hi, do you know somebody who be thinking or be interested to build integration phpfox-moodle addon?
PhpFox and Moodle integration is something I have thought of over the years but always come to the conclusion there would be too many overlapping features that would leave the site a confusing experience.

A better option might be pay the developer of the courses module to include some of the features you believe are missing. But depending on the level of courses you want to offer maybe using moodle on its own would be better.
Quote:
Originally posted by: Dazzy

PhpFox and Moodle integration is something I have thought of over the years but always come to the conclusion there would be too many overlapping features that would leave the site a confusing experience.

For me, one does not have to enable all of the functions of either Moodle or Fox.

The main priority is the complex lesson building and quizzing that Moodle allows.

I would also be interested in using the Webinar feature,
and the built in ability for students to submit PDFs and have the Teacher annotate them and draw on them and then return them to the student.

I love the idea of "branching" and giving differential feedback depending upon responses. Many of the quiz types (drag and drop, for example) would cost considerable money from places like Articulate.

And then, the free Mobile App is worth a lot also...
I just cannot see paying any developer to do all that stuff to improve the other inferior products.

Plus, I know exactly where the developers of Moodle will be in two years...

I cannot say the same for most of the developers of phpfox addons.
I use the latest version of Moodle so know all about it, numerous times I have put it in a sub dir of PhpFox and fooled around and it always seemed disjointed. (I still hate having to upgrade the base Moodle system, they need to improve that.)

I am pretty sure a simple single signon could be achieved using the PhpFox API however.
Quote:
Originally posted by: Dazzy

I use the latest version of Moodle so know all about it, numerous times I have put it in a sub dir of PhpFox and fooled around and it always seemed disjointed. (I still hate having to upgrade the base Moodle system, they need to improve that.)

I am pretty sure a simple single signon could be achieved using the PhpFox API however.

Yeah, I was hoping you would join this thread and share your wealth of experience...

and somewhat surprised that a project like this would not be right up your new alley now that you are explicitly doing freelance stuff from your own website.

One would think that it would be fairly simple and straightforward - after all there has been a Joomla/Moodle integration available for quite some time.

However, I have been following one blogger's story about trying to achieve single sign on with Wordpress, and after two years he still has not fully achieved it, but claims to be currently working on a Plugin available at github.

http://blog.giuseppeurso.net/moodle-and-wordpress-single-sign-on-in-20-minutes-part-1/

You have to read all the comments to find out that the goal never was achieved fully in only 20 minutes of work.

Thanks to macagoraga for pointing out that blog to me. thumbs_up

Like I said earlier:

I really do not understand what the difficulty would be (due to my shameful ignorance) - given the fact that Phpfox has an API for APPs, and Moodle has an API for integrating thirdparty scripts.

There used to be someone selling a moodle integration here, but using the search box of the addons section reveals NOTHING.

However, I just found this page from socialloft offering quotes to provide an integration:

http://www.socialloft.com/socialengine-phpfox-integration/