by phpfoxmods.net

It's a FABULOUS add-on, as are all of that developer's add-ons, and the upgrade for V3 is no exception.

I'm probably trying to do something rather unconventional with it and hoping someone will have suggestions.

I'm trying to create one CATEGORY (w/sub-categories) that doesn't make use of hardly any of the bells and whistles that come with this add-on.

I just want one category that essentially has the name and website and/or physical address/phone number. A super basic, stripped down resource directory for the one category; just the name, and when you click on that all there is is a website and/or contact info.

I created a Listing Plan which said "no" to nearly every parameter in the hope of turning nearly all the bells and whistles off. When I click on the sub-category of the listing I created, the only option it shows is the News and Documents (even though I clicked "no" for that).

When I click on the actual listing, all the options show (info, wall, photos, events, documents, etc), even though I have them turned off (I checked this as a guest, not only as admin).

The map locator pops up, too.

Is there a way to get rid of all of those options in one category? As I said, I created a Listing Plan that turned off all options (so I thought), and a user group (a special admin user group) to create these types of super basic listings only.

Also, where would I change the default image? Even when the photo requirement is turned off and invisible, a default image shows for the listing itself.

Thanks. Smile
Last update on January 16, 2012 by Dena.
Be the first person to like this.
I'm new to most of the software and am just building a site based on 3.5v. I'd like to be able to do the same thing on my directory. Please let me know if you find out how.
Unfortunately, there wasn't any way to do this; I checked with the developer.

Unhappy