So, here's the scenario, I have a flash IRC (chat) applet, embedded in a phpfox page, I can tell it the default nickname to display when a user gets on the page, does anyone know how I can pull user info from phpfox to fill that box with the users username?

My php is pretty good but phpfox is still a minefield to me, seems I need to include init.inc.php, but beyond that I'm not sure on class usage, or whether I have to make the queries myself.
Be the first person to like this.
what I believe (note that I am not what I would consider a real coder) you would want to do is either create a bridge between the two scripts or make the IRC script use the fields in the phpFox user table to "share" the login.

I think that in order to pull the login information from phpFox, you would need to have the flash IRC database actually loaded in the same database as where you installed phpFox, and then create a script that bypasses the flash IRC's login or updates the flash IRC's tables with the correct login info.

In theory, I think that is what you want to do, but if some of the more advanced coders are around and not too busy upgrading their products to work with the new phpFox release coming soon, hopefully one of them can give you more thorough information Smile
there is no database on the flash IRC side, it's just an interface, I'd like it to pre-fill the chat-login with the users logged-in username though, for convenience. So my options are to either add my own sql stuff pulling the info (effort), or something using the PHPFox classes