With the theme I'm using, the general site search bar isn't visible unless logged in. It's Coolz' awesome Boom-Boom template.

I'd rather find a way to make that search bar visible when not logged in, rather than work with Google's search box (which I've tried but it's not working the way I'd like).

Any suggestions as to how I can do that?

Thanks. Smile
Be the first person to like this.
Donna(data66)
I don't see the search box available on any of my development sites with default themes. Looks like you will need to code it.
Okay. Thank you. Smile
Donna(data66)
You might be able to get it to work by putting it in a block, which I did on one site, and see if it will then show to guests. I did not check to see if that block showed to guests, I was moving the search box and testing in a block.
Do you mean the existing template's search box, or Google search?

I previously succeeded in getting a Google search box to work in block 3, but couldn't get it to work in block 7. Plus, it's messy unless you pay to have ads removed.

The nice, clean search box I have at the very top of the template, by the logo, would be great if it were visible even when not logged in.

This is one of those huge DUH things for me; can't believe I never noticed it before and it was brought to my attention by a few members.