is there a way to just have the registration form on a blank page by itself...
Be the first person to like this.
Donna(data66)
I don't see why not. Did you check the code from the register blocks and try to copy that to a coded page for this? I say coded page because it might not work from admin to do this. There is already a register page though with the registration form at yoursite.com/user/register.
yes i have tried to look for that can u guide me please,
my goal is to make landing pages for my site but i want to be able to add the smae form in an iframe to these landing pages... can you help me please i was reading the forum and i saw alot of other people needed this to...
Donna(data66)
You tried the form in a block? I am not familiar with an smae form, do you have an example?
what do you mean i just want to put the registration form on a blank page... with nothing else on it just a absolute blank page...
Donna(data66)
Quote:
Originally posted by: mnpromo

but i want to be able to add the smae form in an iframe to these landing pages...

I thought you were referring to some new form that is required due to new laws or something such as the european cookie law.

If you want the same form on another page I would have to do the same thing as you, go look for the code. I'll try to find some time today after I am done with work (my other work) and will post if/when I find it unless someone else posts it first.
lol yes thanks,
because i can just have a blank page on the sites sub folder and have the registration form on it and then any landing page i make i would just be able to add the form to the landing page in an iframe and just break the iframe when user completes form it will go to the member admin page on the regular site...
so ex:
siteA(landing or splash page) and siteB(real site)
user goes to siteA fills in registration form completes form in iframe >> user is redirected to siteB when form is complete then user is siteB user admin page...
user never knows they were redirected to siteB... users info is stored in database of siteB no matter what landing or splash page they go to...
Donna(data66)
Well if that's all you want to do why can't you just iframe the default reg page?

<p><iframe name="iframename" src="http://yoursite.com/user/register" scrolling="yes" align="left" width="1000px" height="3500px"> <br /></iframe></p>

you would play with it to be what you need but that should work to display the registration form. I have not tried it like this, but this is how I put my blog on my main phpFox site. (basically)
Last update on January 21, 2013 by Donna(data66).
yes that is an option but if i iframe it i will still have the header and BG image there...
I want to add the registration form on another landing page...
Donna(data66)
I don't know if a phpFox reg form will work on something that is not phpFox (no header, no footer, not part of the phpFox script). I think you need someone else to help with that as right now I cannot think of a way to do it without any header/footer.
maybe i can use godcpa or some other iframing tool to iframe out the reg form hmmmmm... or just build a duplicate form to enter user info in the database...
JohnJr
Wonder if that would work? I checked in that as I can create forms with validation as well as MD5 encryption (which is what I assume phpfox uses) but the salt process is what confuses me. I thought the only encryption type that support a salt string was HASH, CRYPT and RIJNDAEL. So close but miles from success Smile
yes i havent checked yet but it would be nice to do because i am seeing alot of sites like fling.com and they get alot of traffic from other fake sites they make that when people signup they are really signing up on fling's registration but on a different splash page...