hello,
1. i need to add a tracking pixel so it will track once a user pays, anyone know the file i would add a tracking pixel once the user has paid from lets say paypal.

2. what redirect url do i add to paypal so user is redirected back to site from paypal.
Be the first person to like this.
does anyone know how to do this please...
have you considered creating a page using the CMS > Page and posting your tracking pixel there along with a

"Click here to return to the site" type of notice on the page?

Then you can use that page as the redirect after payment in paypal?
ok but what if the payment is not successful, i would rather add it to the file were the successful payment goes too
u see i am joining some affiliate networks and they want me to add some tracking pixel or url to my site payment
i thought the default return goes to the dashboard...im not sure exactly. i don't have any payments setup atm for testing.

is there a way in paypal to send them to one page on successful payment and another on a nonsuccessful payment?
Quote:
Originally posted by: mostlymom

i thought the default return goes to the dashboard...im not sure exactly. i don't have any payments setup atm for testing.

is there a way in paypal to send them to one page on successful payment and another on a nonsuccessful payment?

i dont think there is i think now there is only 1 url u can add on to redirect form paypal... but i will check again
ok i have checked with paypal they have stated the the success and fail urls need to be added to the paypal buttton script... were is the paypal button script...

so either
1. i need to know were to add the urls on the paypal button.
2. i need to just know the confirmation page that the user is redirected too once payment has been made successful...
Last update on July 8, 2013 by mnpromo.
can anyone tell me how to do this
Donna(data66)
I suggest using what I use, firebug inspect element to see the code. Then track that down in the files. It's a process of elimination to find what you need. A lot can be done with firebug inspect element though.
I went through the files and I am unable to find it, but I am not a "Coder" so it could be anywhere, and it wouldn't surprise me if I did see it and missed what it was Smile

Hopefully someone with more coding experience will see this and take a peek for you.
Donna(data66)
Ok the actual paypal code is found in include/library/phpfox/gateway/api/paypal.class.php but that's the class file that you would not edit. Still looking in the template files.
lol glad u said that because thats what i used but could not find it, i looked for the paypal button and the confirmation page after the user pays...
man i wish they didnt hide these codes so hard...
ok ty for looking some more... i think alot of people will need this...
because if u join an affiliate network they will have to be able to track the sales...
Last update on July 8, 2013 by mnpromo.
Any news ??