i turned this off and its not working registered users can still check messages...
is there a way that i can have registered users to get messages but not be able to check them...
Be the first person to like this.
Please remember that this setting apply only for admin users, to check the private messages of all the users of the site from the AdminCP module.
Hello, which phpfox version are you using?

Please remember to follow the Posting Guidelines.
oh ok i am using v3.3 and i want to set the site so registered, guest can see that they have a message but cant check them unless they are a paid member.
Donna(data66)
A guest user cannot have messages as they have no account. As for registered users if you don't want them to use the mail feature you can set that in user group settings for

Can compose messages to another users?

and that make it so they can't send a message. As for reading them, I don't see any setting for front end messages that would not let them read the messages.
hmm yes that is what i think we need added to the settings user groups
Mohammed Alex

Please remember that this setting apply only for admin users, to check the private messages of all the users of the site from the AdminCP module.

if it applies to admin only why is it present on settings of all users ? 

Mohammed Alex

This section in 4.7.4 has not be cleant and we can still find left overs ...please Phpfox clean after removing features.