Was wondering when the next major script update will come around can we expect something early 2014?
Be the first person to like this.
@data, can you please confirm if the Improvement to the core is done for version 3.7.5 or another version?

thanks
Donna(data66)
At this time we are making bug fixes and not putting any improvements in yet. we are working on things for something and will post about that when we are closer to having it ready. It should be within the next month or two that we post news.
Quote:
Originally posted by: data66

At this time we are making bug fixes and not putting any improvements in yet. we are working on things for something and will post about that when we are closer to having it ready. It should be within the next month or two that we post news.

Its month or week?
Going back thru the Company Blog the last handful of releases (not the build # ones, but the actual releases) have been announced by Raymond around the 20th or so, usually monthly. I went back to September 2013, that mark has been consistent since then. Prior to that, it varied.

That's just my guessing though. I don't have ONE IOTA of information from a well placed but unnamed source on the inside.
Donna(data66)
Quote:
Originally posted by: vava

Its month or week?

There is no date to give you. Please be patient and Raymond will post when he is ready to.

Thank you.
Why rushing ? Rushing Through Things Rarely Ever Works.....
The best script is build on stability, secure, performance and design, plus compatible. But all these things take time.
Last update on January 15, 2014 by FoxGuy.
JohnJr
I agree...no rush as I am pretty sure when we hit 4.0 some add-ons are going to probably recharge again as a new major version.
As JohnJr and FoxGuy mentioned, new versions often need updates to add-ons.
I went and installed some add-ons that are no longer developed and got stuck on 3.6.0 (build 6). Tried them on the 3.7.4 (build 2) release, and they both have some "wonkyness" that is just unacceptable. Working on finding replacements at this time. Until then, I'm stuck Unhappy

Jumping at upgrades to the PHPFox core prior to the 3rd party addons has bitten me in the past. I had to learn that lesson the hard way. Make sure you check with the developer if you have any 3rd party developed add-ons installed! If they're not ready for the new version yet, HOLD OFF! Better to continue running in a slightly degraded, but operational state, with some known issues, than upgrade before the add-ons are ready. That just makes a BIG OL' mess!

PHPFox is by far the best social network solution I've seen! SO MUCH going on here, that is leaps & bounds ahead of the competition. There are also some really, really smart folks in the community that help out in the forums (here).
Raymond Benc & team are doing great!!
I also don't want the script to be rushed. I would really like an update on the projects time frame because I need to know what to invest on, should I buy plugins now or should I wait for new script.

Should I pay my dev to make modules for my phpfox site or wait for new script I really hope we get some sort of time frame.
biggrin
Donna(data66)
Quote:
Originally posted by: FoxFighter

I also don't want the script to be rushed. I would really like an update on the projects time frame because I need to know what to invest on, should I buy plugins now or should I wait for new script.

Should I pay my dev to make modules for my phpfox site or wait for new script I really hope we get some sort of time frame.

I suggest to wait.
Will do thanks data :)
Donna(data66)
When our owner is ready to post, he will. Being impatient in here will not help.
Donna(data66)
When our owner has things ready to post he will. He is not ready yet as things are still developing. Be patient.
As far as I know, there will be a release of v3.7.5. Maintenance version for v3.7.4.

In the case of a new version, I'm unaware of any details because new features may require research (new technologies, new processing methods, new performance systems, among others). It seems this is the current stage: research.

Once we have news about new versions or new releases, Raymond will announce all details. So, please be patient.