I've never used ODesk before. I've clicked on the link on phpfox, created a profile and logged in. I don't see any way to post a job or see what projects other members have had done to see if someone has already developed what I'm wanting.

Any tips?
Be the first person to like this.
when i was searching for devs many also said they were to busy.. not in that harsh of a reply obviously but you get the point. the only one who gave me a HUGE DETAILED first response to my Custom Development inquiring was YOUNET.. gave me the quote i needed and the exact info i needed to know from the first response... (i sent all DEVS a detailed requirements .doc of my custom module needs) and i didnt get that kind of response from any other place..no one gave me a real Quote, like they did..
also they have 100+ Staffing so i cant imagine them being to busy to accept a request.
I agree, I'd rather use someone from here who is experienced with phpfox and has built trust in the community. I saw the odesk link here and thought maybe that's what they wanted us to use now. What area of the phpfox site lists community members and request for customization? I'm missing it somehow.
Contact them, they will make you happy. They will give you a dev site and work on that site with you till you happy with your custom work. I have been with them for years and I am always happy with their works and supports.
http://ceofox.com/contact-us
Donna(data66)
Quote:
Originally posted by: SouthernStyle

I agree, I'd rather use someone from here who is experienced with phpfox and has built trust in the community. I saw the odesk link here and thought maybe that's what they wanted us to use now. What area of the phpfox site lists community members and request for customization? I'm missing it somehow.

This thread is in the proper area, customization requests.
Updating, I did find a fox dev,

i'm glad because they do know best phpfox and how to make custom work to the fullest, i almost went with odesk when i couldn't find a dev but super glad i found a fox dev because just from discussion the project they suggested improvements on original idea, all was well discussed in a very pro manner and detailed, eliminating surprises

its just in begining stages so i won't say dev but already its going much smoother than odesk, its like the right mechanic for your car, if you have a ferrari, you probably don't want a honda mechanic working on it, a ferrari mechanic will do a better job, better parts and cheaper because of experience not having to learn on the job

well i'm excited and we'll see :)
We do not need oDesk, Fox Devs here are very good. Support our community and support our devs here for a better FOX tomorrow.
The budget Younetco is very expensive, very expensive even:

A service in Younetco, was budgeted at $ 17000

Pradeep(in ODESK) budgeted at $ 2,000
Last update on April 18, 2014 by Cristiano Lima.
The best developer on oDesk for phpFox, this is below:

https://www.odesk.com/users/~~0db3adf5b871f12b
Quote:
Originally posted by: Cristiano Lima

I personally USE YOUNET at the moment for MAJOR customization. and this quote is absolutely FALSE!
they only charge 60% of the total work time. and at $25 an hour.
thus essentially the Hourly Rate on average is approximately $15 an hour.
... Im a full time college student. and i work only 26 hours a week. at $10 an hour. and i Manage to pay them just fine.
and i have them working on about 11 new features. for my niche
ODESK was nothing but people giving me extremely over the top estimations for total hours. for only 1 of those features many estimated me 45-100 hours. for ONE feature.
YOUNET estimated completion for ALL 11 of my features at 60-90 Hours!! and according to the dashboard and everything they send me they are right on schedule!!!
so at most.. 90x25= 2,250 THEN remember they only charge 60% of the work. at $25 an hour. THUS turning 2,250 into
2,250x.6 = 1,350
edit* ..
Last update on April 18, 2014 by gilbertamador.
Quote:
Originally posted by: gilbertamador

I personally USE YOUNET at the moment for MAJOR customization. and this quote is absolutely FALSE!
they only charge 60% of the total work time. and at $25 an hour.
thus essentially the Hourly Rate on average is approximately $15 an hour.

You must be a younetco employee, I do not know you for you call me a liar

The print 's of two budgets

Odesk budget:

Younetco budget
Last update on April 18, 2014 by Cristiano Lima.
i do not work for them lol, if i could code.. i wouldn't work for anyone but myself.
also, that was from may 2013 kinda old, i dont have the time to post such things on here nor do i think its appropriate. i could only tell people my experience with them , and it has been great :). my experience with odesk was horrible.. but that's not a reflection of every coder on there..
Quote:

I did have some of my works done by him but he is not my first choice. The experience was not very good.
Quote:

i have to take back what i said about younet, im starting to think your right. last night they sent me a timeline until completion of my customization was complete.
idk why they told me 60-90 hours preveiously, when this timeline shows 290-395 hours at $25 an hour, for all "phases".
so even if its 300.. 300x25= 7,500 then 7,500x.6=4,500 on top of what ive already payed... *-* .. wow... so now i have to say i can absolutley see how they can quote you 17,000 because my approx 3,000 just turned into a heck of a lot more. and i did not at all know this was gonna happen. on top of that i pay them every week..
how the heck am i gonna pay them every week that's almost a grand a week...
soooo... yea.... uhm...i feel they kinda led me to believe something different. total BUMMER
Quote:
Originally posted by: Du'Carlion

think about compiling your correspondence and having another look over it.
even legal parties if youd feel more comfortable there.
if you feel mislead be certain you were not mislead this if so would not be lawful.
not meaning to create troubles just pointing to its worth being considered.
i doubt you would find it so but you never know
beyond that you may need to assess your own contractual agreements to ensure you wont meet extra costs if meeting the new costs becomes an issue for you
is a decent little jump in the cost
really really starting to think i got into the wrong line of work Wink

LOL i know right? if only i had learned to code...
and i received a letter from there business management team earlier, so ill bring it to there attention that i was kinda blindsided with this.
Quote:
Originally posted by: gilbertamador

wow... so now i have to say i can absolutley see how they can quote you 17,000 because my approx 3,000 just turned into a heck of a lot more. and i did not at all know this was gonna happen.

That is not the same as apologizing for publicly stating that another member of this community said something
"absolutely false"...

Now you claim you did not know this was going to happen - maybe there are a lot of things you do not know - so perhaps you should be more cautious about contradicting other people so forcefully and inappropriately.

One of the best things about *completing* a college degree is discovering the truth about how much you really do not know.

There are those, of course, who think they know everything they need to know while still an undergrad..."pretentious" comes to mind, among some other terms which Data66 would likely censor.

With only 38 posts - versus 258 for somebody known as "Foxguy" for a reason - perhaps discretion should be the better part of valor before calling somebody out like that.
Last update on April 28, 2014 by socialnetworker.