Kirk
Just curious if there's been some change in domain name verification. I'm trying to upgrade my dev site (www.mysite.com/development) from 3.7.5 (build 3) --> 3.7.6 and I'm receiving the error "Invalid Hostname".

I'm licensed for the correct domain name and don't believe I've ever had this problem before.
Be the first person to like this.
Take a look at this article from our knowledge base.
Kirk
Quote:
Originally posted by: Fern

Take a look at this article from our knowledge base.

Thank you, Fern. I've run through all of those.

The curl exercise (#3 in that article) returned: CURLE_OK (0)

On a whim, I changed my license to include the development directory (www.mysite.com/development/). Still receiving the invalid hostname.
Donna(data66)
try for your license mysite.com or mysite.com/ or mysite.com/development/ all with and without the www and try with and without the forward ending slash. If all else fails, try the ip address in the license. Disable https
Last update on April 23, 2014 by Donna(data66).
Kirk
Quote:
Originally posted by: data66

try for your license mysite.com or mysite.com/ or mysite.com/development/ all with and without the www and try with and without the forward ending slash. If all else fails, try the ip address in the license. Disable https
Thanks data66. I tried all of those, including my sites ip address. Still no love. Unhappy

Weird. I've never seen this before with my site.
Kirk
Fortunately it's my dev site, so it's not like I'm down or anything.
Donna(data66)
Did you ask your host?
Kirk
Quote:
Originally posted by: data66

Did you ask your host?

Not yet. As a stab in the dark I'm going to reupload the 3.7.6 files and try again. If that's no good I'll talk to my host. If I figure it out I'll post here.

I may just stick with the version I'm running live. I'm afraid I'll have trouble if I decide to update my live site. :)
Last update on April 23, 2014 by Kirk.
Kirk
It's still not verifying my license. Unhappy

On another whim I changed the dev directory name to "phpFoxdev" as per the license agreement but it didn't help.

I'll get in touch with my host tomorrow and see if something has been changed on my server that might be causing this.
Kirk
I don't know! I renamed the directory from "phpFoxdev" back to "development" and tried again (you know, for the fun of it) and the validation routine worked without a problem.

I'm so confused
Donna(data66)
Well it could have been an issue on our end too, a hiccup maybe? well then it would have had to be several hiccups as I think you tried several times. Ok we feed our server sugar..gets rid of hiccups...yeah.
Kirk
Feed it sugar or give it a good spanking? Grin

Thanks to you and Fern for the help and suggestions. I'm going to upgrade my live site tomorrow night. I may replace my dev site with a copy of the live site and do another test upgrade first (although, probably not. LOL).

This is a perfect example of why webmasters should keep a development site (and why PFs licensing allows you to do so) and always do updates/upgrades/additions to IT before moving on to the live site.