BrainChild
Does anyone know if PhpfoxMods.net is still in business? They had some excellent mods and I wanted to see about getting intouch with them. They still have a site but it has not been updated for awhile.
Be the first person to like this.
YouNet is quite good.
I've had dealing with them for years, and they have always been there for me.
Well recommended.
It would be great if a developer can update phpfoxmods.net mods to v4 and relist them for sale in the store.
Mikel Coreclark
just a heads up about phpfoxmods.net products.
I had several phpfoxmods.net products on my v3 site and I am a massive loyal fan.
products from phpfoxmods.net are not able to be updated for a couple of reasons.
1, the product owner will not let other developers touch them (yet) but keep an eye on forum in future. because IF or when they are allowed to be updated for v5 or v6, I will be the first in the queue to get my hands on them all again.
2, the products were only designed for v2 / v3.3 at best and updating them will require lots of long hard tech work .
the only other way anyone can develop such amazing products, the developers should listen and ask those of us what we need and how these products should work.
Brian (the products owner) did lots of research before he created his products, that's why they will always be in very high demand and I have never seen any other developer come anywhere close to creating similar products.
I have used younet products and yes they are good, but they fall very short (almost basic) of what I need or expect for my monetised trading site.
if younet take there time and developed such products for a v5, they will have a fantastic set of products.
Sorry younet, ive used your products and decided to turn them off due to too many dislikes and errors.
mikel.
Hello there ,
I am really sad for Brian. His module was really piece of art and it is really big miss in this community
Anyone solved the matter of licence check guys. I have changed my domain and it shut the stores accordingly
so if any one can help me in this please let me know
Sincerely
Morad
just a heads up about phpfoxmods.net products.
I had several phpfoxmods.net products on my v3 site and I am a massive loyal fan.
products from phpfoxmods.net are not able to be updated for a couple of reasons.
1, the product owner will not let other developers touch them (yet) but keep an eye on forum in future. because IF or when they are allowed to be updated for v5 or v6, I will be the first in the queue to get my hands on them all again.
2, the products were only designed for v2 / v3.3 at best and updating them will require lots of long hard tech work .
the only other way anyone can develop such amazing products, the developers should listen and ask those of us what we need and how these products should work.
Brian (the products owner) did lots of research before he created his products, that's why they will always be in very high demand and I have never seen any other developer come anywhere close to creating similar products.
I have used younet products and yes they are good, but they fall very short (almost basic) of what I need or expect for my monetised trading site.
if younet take there time and developed such products for a v5, they will have a fantastic set of products.
Sorry younet, ive used your products and decided to turn them off due to too many dislikes and errors.
mikel.
Sadly, I've done the same exact thing.Out of all the apps I only use one or two of their products while the rest is unused. When sending in suggestions, the response most of the time a quote for custom work making excuses. This is a major turn-off because it seems like they're not listening.
I never like to speak ill about any dev, but if they simply listen and act on appropriate suggestions or fixes rather make excuses or try to quote you custom work, maybe they'd actually some high quality work while improving their customer's perception.
If one person can produce a very high quality product, with the support to match it. Why can't a company with multiple resources and people do the same or better?
ScriptTechs
We are able to make the licenses work and are looking at updating them. We have express permission from Brandon, owner of phpfoxmods, to do this. You can contact us at our http://scripttechs.com site for more details. Perhaps our forum there is best or our support desk.
We have express permission from Brandon, owner of phpfoxmods, to do this. You can contact us at our http://scripttechs.com site for more details. Perhaps our forum there is best or our support desk.
Did he say anything about porting or updating to phpfox v4 or any mention of reviving Brian's works?
ScriptTechs
Did he say anything about porting or updating to phpfox v4 or any mention of reviving Brian's works?
It's something ScriptTechs is looking at but the products already work from what I've seen so far. It's just mainly css fixes needed. I've not had a lot of time for testing. If you have more questions, I'm at my forum throughout the day, every day.
BrainChild
I need help with this. I posted a ticket over a week ago for help but no help. I need help. Please help. Need to get this working again on two sites.
Donna(data66)
I need help with this. I posted a ticket over a week ago for help but no help. I need help. Please help. Need to get this working again on two sites.
As I mentioned in your ticket, we are still waiting for Brandon to answer us about the licensing. He had given the go ahead before but then had other things he wanted to clear up.
BrainChild
In the forums post it clearly says we do have permission, right?
BrainChild
It would be a blessing if you could get his script working. If there is anything I can do let me know. I own two lic for his business directory.
Any news on what is happening with phpfoxmods? I have pbay and need to get them working?
Any news would be awesome
Regards
Christian David
Any news on what is happening with phpfoxmods? I have pbay and need to get them working?
Any news would be awesome
Regards
Brian, owner of phpfoxmods, passed away years ago. And there is not any further update to these modules. You would need to look for similar modules out there, or get a developer to fix the stuff.
BrainChild
Thank you Christian.