can the admin have an option to make shortcuts for his/her site. eg to close anything press ESC, instead of press submit you can click CTRL+ENTER, to access messages click CTRL + Messages etc
Josh (Jinkers)
can the admin have an option to make shortcuts for his/her site. eg to close anything press ESC, instead of press submit you can click CTRL+ENTER, to access messages click CTRL + Messages etc
Going to need some more information in relation to this. The escape button is easy enough to understand, but you need to include some more information, otherwise the chances of this happening are quite unlikely. While adding more, please be a bit more clear, for example, in 'click CTRL + Messages' as clicking and holding down a key combination is very different.
Be the first person to like this.
Ctrl+H = Home
Ctrl+M = Messages
Ctrl+N = Notification
Ctrl+R=Requests
Ctrl+Alt+M = Members
Ctrl+P = Polls
Ctrl + F = Forum
Ctrl + Q = Quizzes
Alt + M = Music
Alt + V = Videos
Alt + P = Photos
Ctrl + ENTER = Submit
ESC = exit an open tab or window, like if i am replying this post and i do not want to press submit, instead of pressing(clicking) X, i press ESC to close, and if maybe i open the status form/ notification/ message all i have to do to close them is press ESC
Ctrl + Alt + A = Admin Panel / this could be used to approve selected files/users
Alt + A = Advertise
Going to need some more information in relation to this. The escape button is easy enough to understand, but you need to include some more information, otherwise the chances of this happening are quite unlikely. While adding more, please be a bit more clear, for example, in 'click CTRL + Messages' as clicking and holding down a key combination is very different.
Donna(data66)
Ctrl+H = Home
Ctrl+M = Messages
Ctrl+N = Notification
Ctrl+R=Requests
Ctrl+Alt+M = Members
Ctrl+P = Polls
Ctrl + F = Forum
Ctrl + Q = Quizzes
Alt + M = Music
Alt + V = Videos
Alt + P = Photos
Ctrl + ENTER = Submit
ESC = exit an open tab or window, like if i am replying this post and i do not want to press submit, instead of pressing(clicking) X, i press ESC to close, and if maybe i open the status form/ notification/ message all i have to do to close them is press ESC
Ctrl + Alt + A = Admin Panel / this could be used to approve selected files/users
Alt + A = Advertise
You'll need to be very careful what you put. These are already used by win 10 and by some browsers. Some are. You'll want to test on various systems to see what hot keys are already used or you might make angry users.
Ctrl + Enter
Esc
Shift + L
Shift + K
D + 0
Shift + D
i understand what you are saying, i found shortcuts used by Gmail and Yahoo and since they are using this shortcuts that must mean the shortcuts are not hot keys
You'll need to be very careful what you put. These are already used by win 10 and by some browsers. Some are. You'll want to test on various systems to see what hot keys are already used or you might make angry users.
Josh (Jinkers)
Ctrl + Enter
Esc
Shift + L
Shift + K
D + 0
Shift + D
i understand what you are saying, i found shortcuts used by Gmail and Yahoo and since they are using this shortcuts that must mean the shortcuts are not hot keys
I'm guessing these are the ones that don't cause any conflicts between browsers and/or operating systems? If so, what does each one link to.
I tested the list above and there is quite a few that cause collisions from my test which unfortunately rules most out (unless you incorporate a shift or something else in, but that still has some collisions).
Edit: I am having troubles preventing the default action of submitting on the press of enter. I have been trying for a while now. Nothing seems to be working for me.
Last update on October 16, 2015 by Josh (Jinkers).
G THEN A = open all messages
G THEN I = go to inbox
G THEN U = go to unread inbox
G THEN S = go to sent
G THEN T = go to status update
R = reply
TAB then ENTER = submit
or Ctrl Then ENTER = submit
k/j = older(k) / newer(J) message
Ctrl + S = save d=message draft
p/n = previous or next photo
* THEN I = go to notifications
* THEN U = go to unread notifications
c = compose message
/ = search
q = friends / member search, but i think it would work well with friends search
? = Open shortcut help
* then T = videos
* then S = music
* then N = photos
m = marketplace
f = blogs
ESC = close tab / window
Shift + L = like
Shift + K = Unlike
Shift + D = Comment
D + 0 = Share
hopefully this shortcuts wont confuse people,
NOTE: i do not have a MAC pc, that is why i did not include it's shortcuts
http://luigimontanez.com/snaps/Gmail%20Shortcuts.png
I'm guessing these are the ones that don't cause any conflicts between browsers and/or operating systems? If so, what does each one link to.
I tested the list above and there is quite a few that cause collisions from my test which unfortunately rules most out (unless you incorporate a shift or something else in, but that still has some collisions).
Edit: I am having troubles preventing the default action of submitting on the press of enter. I have been trying for a while now. Nothing seems to be working for me.
i see the ESC app, works for the status
whaaa
This is a horrible idea, I would never use shortcuts.
Would be better as an app.
Be the first person to like this.
Josh (Jinkers)
I also won't be using such things, but please withhold from calling peoples ideas horrible. And this is an app request.
Last update on October 19, 2015 by Josh (Jinkers).
yes, there is an app for ESC, shortcuts are effective