Store Community Support Documentation
metro
In testing the Resume Module, it appears that the fundamental flaw still exists where they FORCE members to have their date of birth and marital status to be on their resume. People are reluctant to have this information on their resume. I see in the demo that there is an option to display the information or not.
Psychologically, once people feel that that information is REQUIRED, and this is true in the US and several developed countries, they will NOT post or update their resumes\cvs. There are laws that protect people against age, sex, and marital discrimination.
It is a shame that YouNetCo have refused to make collecting that information (date of birth, marital status, sex) optional in the AdminCP, which also existed in their V3 version, and was widely debated.
Until this flaw is fixed, most US based site owners should realize that their members will frown at that level of their personal information being made public.
Mohammed Alex

There is so much to correct...we have given up...when i bought resume i was told i will import resume from linkedin...this is nto working and still no one updated on that main issue...i have been completely ignored as well as the rets of the huge flaws remaining on the plugin.

Cherry on top of the cake, why is Job Posting and Resume not compatible yet with 4.7.4 ? 

JohnJr

Mohammed,

The problem is that they don't ask us what their product needs before updating them.  I was a business manager before I became a IT Manager who then got into coding and websites.  I was in charge of several programmers who were very smart at coding but didn't understand how business processes work or what makes users more efficient at their jobs.   Just because you know how to write a case statement or a SQL statement does not mean you can help a business or create a good piece of software.  That is why 99% of all coders don't have their own business and work for someone else who gets it.   So if it was my business and I want to improve my products for future customers as well as current customers and I was about to look at one of my apps to either update or improve.  I would send an email out to my current users and ask them what is the top 3 issues when need from my app to make it better.  Then take the results and implement the top three issues from ones who answered since most likely they are the ones who care and are still using the product.

In regards to why isn't YouNet products all ready to go for 4.7.4.  The simple answer is that they are different divisions with different goals.  Phpfox needs to solve their problems, and YouNetCo has many apps, and both of them only have several employees trying to keep afloat.  Again, if you owned a business and did the math (just count the installs on the apps and divide it by what a software developer expects to be paid per year), you would see this does have the potential to be very profitable, but it is not there yet because of many issues you pointed out, so most users like us give up.  But, I will defend them in saying that just because 4.7.4 came out does not mean YouNetCo who has the most apps available have to be ready for it...it would be nice in a perfect world, but we are living in the Phpfox world. Did you forget 4.7.4 (build 2)?  Sorry, Phpfox for the jab but you deserved the poke on that one.  The one thing I will point out is that I have been here for the past, and the present is looking a lot better than where we were.  Hopefully, the 3rd party app developers will see that by improving their apps continuously will help their future as well as ours :)

JohnJr

Cherry on top of the cake, why is Job Posting and Resume not compatible yet with 4.7.4? 

Probably because 4.7.4 just came out a few days ago and the fix for 4.7.4 came out yesterday, and they have 74 apps to test.  Now I am not positive on when they received advanced notice, but in the past, it has been less than a week for 3rd party developers to get advanced testing copies.  I mentioned this before for others who expect a million dollars piece of software like facebook for several hundred dollars....it not going to happen.  Facebook has over 25,000 employees which probably at least a 1/3 work on coding issues and compatibility.   That several thousand coders verse a half of dozen at most.  I am not saying not to complain, as I have done enough to annoy them with over 50 tickets to YouNet alone. All I am saying is don't expect that because phpfox issues a patch that 3rd party developers who have a lot of apps to fix are going to work 24 hours a day so you or I can have them in a week...it never has or ever will work that way...sorry.

JohnJr

I do recommend posting these bugs so future buyers will know what they getting into and hopefully the 3rd party developers will notice and not only fix the issues but also respond to all when they get fixed by posting in this forum.

https://community.phpfox.com/forum/thread/57032/read-this-before-posting-in-this-area/

Mohammed Alex

Agree,  however 4.7.4 is not so to speak an upgrade its rather the conjunction of the fixes we have brought to Phpfox knowledge throught the customer ticketing and various complaints...Since Younetco IS somehow Phpfox, they should the first ready to be compatible with their own new version...other third party, already are.

I stopped contributing and i am running solo since the smallest little crucial Urgent bug fix takes for ever...even when its for the good of their own business...as an online recruiment business professional for so many years i can emphasize how precious could be my contribution to plugins like job posting or resume...but its only worth it if there is an echo ... to the voice...

quote=86514]

Mohammed,

The problem is that they don't ask us what their product needs before updating them.  I was a business manager before I became a IT Manager who then got into coding and websites.  I was in charge of several programmers who were very smart at coding but didn't understand how business processes work or what makes users more efficient at their jobs.   Just because you know how to write a case statement or a SQL statement does not mean you can help a business or create a good piece of software.  That is why 99% of all coders don't have their own business and work for someone else who gets it.   So if it was my business and I want to improve my products for future customers as well as current customers and I was about to look at one of my apps to either update or improve.  I would send an email out to my current users and ask them what is the top 3 issues when need from my app to make it better.  Then take the results and implement the top three issues from ones who answered since most likely they are the ones who care and are still using the product.

In regards to why isn't YouNet products all ready to go for 4.7.4.  The simple answer is that they are different divisions with different goals.  Phpfox needs to solve their problems, and YouNetCo has many apps, and both of them only have several employees trying to keep afloat.  Again, if you owned a business and did the math (just count the installs on the apps and divide it by what a software developer expects to be paid per year), you would see this does have the potential to be very profitable, but it is not there yet because of many issues you pointed out, so most users like us give up.  But, I will defend them in saying that just because 4.7.4 came out does not mean YouNetCo who has the most apps available have to be ready for it...it would be nice in a perfect world, but we are living in the Phpfox world. Did you forget 4.7.4 (build 2)?  Sorry, Phpfox for the jab but you deserved the poke on that one.  The one thing I will point out is that I have been here for the past, and the present is looking a lot better than where we were.  Hopefully, the 3rd party app developers will see that by improving their apps continuously will help their future as well as ours :)

[/quote]

Last update on March 10, 3:58 pm by Mohammed Alex.
Mohammed Alex

Another customer has left the building. Oo

we wonder why they are even in business...soemthign is not clear with those people.

JohnJr

" The problem is that they don't ask us what their product needs before updating them. "

100% correct...

Mohammed Alex

So,

Years after people pointed crucial fixes still ignored as of today. 

Who viewed me unable to be charged, n notification sent to admin, nada, nothing ...an empty feature.

Same for resume view, they could have at least make it linkable to a membership ....no that was too much to ask.

Younetco continue to sell and promote the import from linkedin resume which has bene made unavailable from Linked since microsoft acquired them.

All we have a is left overs of unfinished module. Ireally advise anyone to look somewhere else if they need a job board plugin. This one will take you nowhere. 

Mohammed Alex

Besides; resume and job posting arent not built wiht the same industry /job Category  strings as it should be ... what a mess.

Mohammed Alex

No filters

Mohammed Alex

Another customer has left the building. Oo

Where can i find a demo of this radecode resume plugin ?

JohnJr

Never heard of a plugin called "radecode resume plugin".

metro

Radcodes.com are mod developers for socialengine

YouNetCo

Dear Mohammed Alex,

Regarding your reports, we already noted on our side

1. Charge for "Who View Me" and "View all Resumes", we have not yet supported for built-in Payment so Admin can contact them to charge a fee outside before approving services.

2. Regarding notifications, we'll improve this on our product.

3. The industry is for Company. When you create a Job, you will choose a company so you can search for Jobs based on Industry.

Besides, do not worry if you find any reports not meeting your need, you can report to us, we will consider improving on the future versions. In case you need to have right now, we can support you through customization service

Let's know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

Mohammed Alex

The thing is you dont want to LISTEN is that the logic needs to be changed and this is my last message we are tired of repeating you all the time, its your loss if you ignore feedback.

You havent changed this plug in for years and its the logic that need to be fixed. We have othe providers, thank god.

Anyway stop apologising and put yourself at work.

You simply dont care. 

STOP

Last update on May 10, 5:56 pm by Mohammed Alex.