metro
In testing the Resume Module, it appears that the fundamental flaw still exists where they FORCE members to have their date of birth and marital status to be on their resume. People are reluctant to have this information on their resume. I see in the demo that there is an option to display the information or not.
Psychologically, once people feel that that information is REQUIRED, and this is true in the US and several developed countries, they will NOT post or update their resumes\cvs. There are laws that protect people against age, sex, and marital discrimination.
It is a shame that YouNetCo have refused to make collecting that information (date of birth, marital status, sex) optional in the AdminCP, which also existed in their V3 version, and was widely debated.
Until this flaw is fixed, most US based site owners should realize that their members will frown at that level of their personal information being made public.
JohnJr

I do recommend posting these bugs so future buyers will know what they getting into and hopefully the 3rd party developers will notice and not only fix the issues but also respond to all when they get fixed by posting in this forum.

https://community.phpfox.com/forum/thread/57032/read-this-before-posting-in-this-area/

Be the first person to like this.
Mohammed Alex

Agree,  however 4.7.4 is not so to speak an upgrade its rather the conjunction of the fixes we have brought to Phpfox knowledge throught the customer ticketing and various complaints...Since Younetco IS somehow Phpfox, they should the first ready to be compatible with their own new version...other third party, already are.

I stopped contributing and i am running solo since the smallest little crucial Urgent bug fix takes for ever...even when its for the good of their own business...as an online recruiment business professional for so many years i can emphasize how precious could be my contribution to plugins like job posting or resume...but its only worth it if there is an echo ... to the voice...

quote=86514]

Mohammed,

The problem is that they don't ask us what their product needs before updating them.  I was a business manager before I became a IT Manager who then got into coding and websites.  I was in charge of several programmers who were very smart at coding but didn't understand how business processes work or what makes users more efficient at their jobs.   Just because you know how to write a case statement or a SQL statement does not mean you can help a business or create a good piece of software.  That is why 99% of all coders don't have their own business and work for someone else who gets it.   So if it was my business and I want to improve my products for future customers as well as current customers and I was about to look at one of my apps to either update or improve.  I would send an email out to my current users and ask them what is the top 3 issues when need from my app to make it better.  Then take the results and implement the top three issues from ones who answered since most likely they are the ones who care and are still using the product.

In regards to why isn't YouNet products all ready to go for 4.7.4.  The simple answer is that they are different divisions with different goals.  Phpfox needs to solve their problems, and YouNetCo has many apps, and both of them only have several employees trying to keep afloat.  Again, if you owned a business and did the math (just count the installs on the apps and divide it by what a software developer expects to be paid per year), you would see this does have the potential to be very profitable, but it is not there yet because of many issues you pointed out, so most users like us give up.  But, I will defend them in saying that just because 4.7.4 came out does not mean YouNetCo who has the most apps available have to be ready for it...it would be nice in a perfect world, but we are living in the Phpfox world. Did you forget 4.7.4 (build 2)?  Sorry, Phpfox for the jab but you deserved the poke on that one.  The one thing I will point out is that I have been here for the past, and the present is looking a lot better than where we were.  Hopefully, the 3rd party app developers will see that by improving their apps continuously will help their future as well as ours :)

[/quote]

Last update on March 10, 2019 by Mohammed Alex.
Mohammed Alex

Another customer has left the building. Oo

we wonder why they are even in business...soemthign is not clear with those people.

JohnJr

" The problem is that they don't ask us what their product needs before updating them. "

100% correct...

Mohammed Alex

So,

Years after people pointed crucial fixes still ignored as of today. 

Who viewed me unable to be charged, n notification sent to admin, nada, nothing ...an empty feature.

Same for resume view, they could have at least make it linkable to a membership ....no that was too much to ask.

Younetco continue to sell and promote the import from linkedin resume which has bene made unavailable from Linked since microsoft acquired them.

All we have a is left overs of unfinished module. Ireally advise anyone to look somewhere else if they need a job board plugin. This one will take you nowhere. 

Mohammed Alex

Besides; resume and job posting arent not built wiht the same industry /job Category  strings as it should be ... what a mess.

Mohammed Alex

No filters

Mohammed Alex

Another customer has left the building. Oo

Where can i find a demo of this radecode resume plugin ?

JohnJr

Never heard of a plugin called "radecode resume plugin".

metro

Radcodes.com are mod developers for socialengine

YouNetCo

Dear Mohammed Alex,

Regarding your reports, we already noted on our side

1. Charge for "Who View Me" and "View all Resumes", we have not yet supported for built-in Payment so Admin can contact them to charge a fee outside before approving services.

2. Regarding notifications, we'll improve this on our product.

3. The industry is for Company. When you create a Job, you will choose a company so you can search for Jobs based on Industry.

Besides, do not worry if you find any reports not meeting your need, you can report to us, we will consider improving on the future versions. In case you need to have right now, we can support you through customization service

Let's know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

Mohammed Alex

The thing is you dont want to LISTEN is that the logic needs to be changed and this is my last message we are tired of repeating you all the time, its your loss if you ignore feedback.

You havent changed this plug in for years and its the logic that need to be fixed. We have othe providers, thank god.

Anyway stop apologising and put yourself at work.

You simply dont care. 

STOP

Last update on May 10, 2019 by Mohammed Alex.
metro

If they fixed the issues that have  been brought up, this would have been a wonderful app, BUT it was DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Released when Obama was President, Maybe, just maybe, they might find somebody who has the skillset to fix it during the Biden era. Just maybe... Not holding my breadth.

Has anything in this #DOA #DeadOnArrival product been fixed since 2015?  Like the privacy issues first reported back then?

JohnJr

Sorry to say but I would have to agree.  Just like the App Donations.  No added features since 2015.  I told them they could very easily add the donation button to GROUPS since groups are more popular than pages right now.   Both GROUPS and PAGES use the same table, so all would have to do is set the ismodule to groups and throw the donation tab to edit in the GROUPS menu.  Their response was:

Thank you for your suggestion. We will add your suggestion to our list and will consider it carefully in our future upgrade.

By the way, if you want to have this feature right now, we would like to provide you customization service which incurred additional cost.

Yeah right...added features.  I have 30 of their apps (multiple copies) and honestly, I don't remember any time in the past several years getting additional wow type features on any of those apps.  I am still waiting for them to fix a bug that I told them about on June 7, 2020, which they already solved on their own site over a year ago.  Then on Nov 26, 2020, they tell me this.

Hi JohnJr,
And for your information, we would like to inform you that we already fixed for Getting started issue and it will be released very soon. We are in the process to release this app.

Well, two weeks later and still nothing.  Over 6 months and I bet it is less than 40 lines of code and I will check when and if it is ever fixed correctly.  So when they ask me about customization...I think to myself how could anyone afford that.  

Metro, you have given me lots of crap for sticking up for them in the past, and I do when they deserve it. But, in regards to improvements and bugs, you are absolutely correct.  They should use GitHub to get organized on the process because maybe they have too many APPS to keep track of and are forgetting what new stuff to add or fix during the schedule upgrades and they are depending too much on their ticket system, which doesn't seem to work when attempting to remember improvements they say they will consider in the future.

UPDATE:  YouNet did upgrade the Getting Started App to work with subcategories.  I am very excited to check it out and start using it as I have purchased three copies because it is the only App that out there that not only organizes FAQ but now it is the only app that actually searches content.  Not even this forum searches content, as the forum here and on your site only searches the title.  I accept that I have to be the "ass" sometimes to get you to improve your product.  My goal is to make phpfox and all the developers the best they can be.

Last update on December 18, 2020 by JohnJr.
metro

"Metro, you have given me lots of crap for sticking up for them in the past, and I do when they deserve it."

Its called brotherly love. Nothing would ever get done if we did not differ in opinions at times, as long as it is not all the time.

I have this weird gut feeling that their project management office (PMO) does not exist. I also have this outher feeling that they do not have a consistant development staff so, whomever develops an app, leaves the organization their project is orphaned thus nobody probably understands the mentality in the coding.

Either that, OR... They have an "end-of-use" life when a certain quota is hit, I know a ton of companies that do that and ghost the product eternally then use paid support as a cash cow.

Prior to Younet owning phpFox, we, the consumers, had a lot of liverage. We could team up on the forums and discuss their products and get faster resolve. But since they bought phpFox, product support for their addons.... Luckster!