waseem
Can anyone tell me how to turn off email notification for the activities of your phpfox website? I think it will annoy users. :anguished:
Be the first person to like this.
Donna(data66)
Can anyone tell me how to turn off email notification for the activities of your phpfox website? I think it will annoy users. :anguished:
They do it in their privacy setting. Webwolf has a plugin for v3 that still works in my v4 tests. Perhaps try that. https://store.phpfox.com/product/197/new-user-privacy-notification-settings
Gatsby
They do it in their privacy setting. Webwolf has a plugin for v3 that still works in my v4 tests. Perhaps try that. https://store.phpfox.com/product/197/new-user-privacy-notification-settings
New installs should set these all off as default.
Gatsby
Scenario: User has all notifications enabled:
Most users are not aware that a third party with access to a users emails can use that data to indirectly and accurately reconstruct and map their online network and activities without ever having to log in. It creates a nasty metadata audit trail.
Donna(data66)
Webwolf's add on takes care of setting those though. I use it on my sites. It does not work for current users though, it just works for new sign ups. Also, users can change their privacy settings as a user's setting will trump the admin privacy settings.
waseem
I've seen webwolf privacy module but it doesn't allow users to turn off email notifications.
Even I've visited Donna's site, there is no option to turn it off. I've getting very negative feedback from users
due to massive email notifications.
Please someone help on this issue.:disappointed:
Donna(data66)
I've seen webwolf privacy module but it doesn't allow users to turn off email notifications.
Even I've visited Donna's site, there is no option to turn it off. I've getting very negative feedback from users
due to massive email notifications.
Please someone help on this issue.:disappointed:
lol as I said, it is for you to set it in admincp for new users. that is what the plugin does.
also, as I said, users set their email notification privacy in their privacy settings for notifications. please see the tutorial, http://scripttechs.com/article/226/privacy-notifications/ log in to view and be sure you loaded a profile photo in order to see tutorials. One of the first things I do on my site is to set the redirection on sign up to go to user privacy. Another is to write a bunch tutorials so users know how to use my site. You need to know your site better too as you can't tell them how things work if you don't know yourself.
waseem
I've installed the webwolf privacy module and found the following settings in AdminCP
I'm not seeing email notification setting anywhere.
webwolf
That is the correct screen. "Notifications" seems ambiguous but that is what phpfox calls the email setting. If you do not want new users to receive any emails, uncheck all boxes and save.
Users can control their own settings through their account privacy settings screen, unless you disable this group option.
webwolf
If you already have the privacy module, here is a plugin that will override user settings and use the settings that you have entered for the privacy module when the site determines whether to send an email. I have only tested this briefly. You will have to clear the site cache after installing this.
Unzip the attached file and place it in the /PF.Base/module/userpresets/include/plugin folder. Then clear the site cache and it should then be active. To disable this plugin, just rename or delete it.
If you use this, the notification settings that the user selects will no longer work, so this might confuse them some.
Attachments
mail_send_query.zip 400 b . 120 Views
waseem
If you already have the privacy module, here is a plugin that will override user settings and use the settings that you have entered for the privacy module when the site determines whether to send an email. I have only tested this briefly. You will have to clear the site cache after installing this.
Unzip the attached file and place it in the /PF.Base/module/userpresets/include/plugin folder. Then clear the site cache and it should then be active. To disable this plugin, just rename or delete it.
If you use this, the notification settings that the user selects will no longer work, so this might confuse them some.
Actually I just want to turn the email notification off and leave all the other settings on users. So if your privacy module do so, then It is fine.
JohnJr
Just to make sure I understand this...will it just over ride the notification tab or will it over ride the profile privacy tab and item tab as well. I hoping just the notification tab...fingers crossed :)
JohnJr
waseem,
The add on sets the default settings for privacy, items and notifications to what you want them to be. The user could always go in and change them at any time. It looks like this new file stops them from changing the settings.
Last update on February 18, 2016 by JohnJr.

Years later and it's still an issue.... DKIM check - SPF check - Exim Email Server check - Deferred email due to volume CHECK.

JohnJr

It was a great plugin to give control to the admin on what emails should go out and webwolf gave it away for free.