SpeakLife
Hello,
I've been upgraded from phpfox v3 to phpfox v4 as soon as v4 came out. I want to know if I can remove all v3 files/folders without having it effect my current site. I don't want to loose any data currently in my database.
In the root of my server via FTP I still have both v3 and v4 folders/files. It would be nice to clean this up a bit since I'm only using v4 and have no intentions of going back to v3.
Can I delete these following folders from v3? I wasn't sure if since I upgraded to v4 if v4 was still pulling or linking data from those v3 files and folders. If so then yes I'll have to keep these still on my server. I have seen some v3 things show up on my v4 that don't work and it could cause issues. I just want to be able to keep only v4 files/folders but still maintain my site as it currently is.
phpfox v3 files:
file
include
module
static
theme
Second Option:
If I did a fresh brand new install of v4 would it be possible to restore my current database so I won't loose any data?
Thanks,
SpeakLife
Last update on March 30, 2016 by Donna(data66).
This thread is closed
Be the first person to like this.
Donna(data66)
Hello,
I've been upgraded from phpfox v3 to phpfox v4 as soon as v4 came out. I want to know if I can remove all v3 files/folders without having it effect my current site. I don't want to loose any data currently in my database.
In the root of my server via FTP I still have both v3 and v4 folders/files. It would be nice to clean this up a bit since I'm only using v4 and have no intentions of going back to v3.
Can I delete these following folders from v3? I wasn't sure if since I upgraded to v4 if v4 was still pulling or linking data from those v3 files and folders. If so then yes I'll have to keep these still on my server. I have seen some v3 things show up on my v4 that don't work and it could cause issues. I just want to be able to keep only v4 files/folders but still maintain my site as it currently is.
phpfox v3 files:
file
include
module
static
theme
Second Option:
If I did a fresh brand new install of v4 would it be possible to restore my current database so I won't loose any data?
Thanks,
SpeakLife
there is a post for this already but I don't have time to search for it atm. would you please search for it and remind me later to help you search if you can't find it? alternately, would you like me to move this to the knowledgebase tutorial section to request a tutorial for this?
SpeakLife
Donna,
I'm sorry I will search for the post and yes I would love for you to move this to the knowledge base tutorial section to request a tutorial for me.
Thanks,
SpeakLife
Donna(data66)
Thread moved. We will work on a tutorial for this as soon as we can.
Donna(data66)
I forgot to answer the second question you had in your original post. As mentioned in other threads, you need to run the upgrade routine. Our lead developer said that not doing so can cause issues for your site that are not seen until later and we will not support any sites that do not run the routines when we open support this year as the lack of the upgrade routine will make issues that cannot be resolved.
Donna(data66)
Kindly check to see if this tutorial meets your request, https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Cleaning+up+V3+Files+after+Upgrade
SpeakLife
Donna,
Yes this is perfect actually. I will give this a shot and let you know how it works out. I appreciate you taking the time to make this tutorial for me.
Thanks,
SpeakLife