Donna(data66)
We've got some great news! Theme tutorials added. :) https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4DEVDOC/Themes
Gatsby
We've got some great news! Theme tutorials added. :) https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4DEVDOC/Themes
When creating a new theme, the theme source select does not provide a literal "Default Blank" but "Bootstrap" instead.
If a theme is created and named with all lower case text (i.e.themename worldclass) I see these folders in the flavors directory:
bootstrap
worldclass
Now, starting with a bootstrap only folder in the flavors directory, and a theme is created and named with the the first letter capitalized (Worldclass), instead I get these,
bootstrap
Worldclass
worldclass
The Capitalized instance contains the assets/autoload and the small case folder doesnt. The small case worldclass folder appears a third third theme in the theme select page named bootstrap (I now have 2 bootstrap themes and 1 Worldclass theme).
The theme documentation yet does not explain how the custom css gets migrated into Worldclass/assets
/autoload.css.
When I replace autoload.css content with the main css code for custom theme, the Theme name changes from Worldclass to "Bootstrap" in the theme selector and the styles do not take, even after refreshing cache. So now I have three themes all named Bootstrap in the theme select page.
If I try to append the css content for the custom theme to the end of autoload.css content, it does the same thing.
The question remains unaddressed by the documentation, how does one migrate custom css code into the autoload.css? It is some 27000 lines long.
A second one now arises, how to keep the theme name from reverting from Worldclass to Bootstrap in the theme selector when a change is made to Worldclass/assets/autoload.css?
And a third one, why when naming a Capitalized named does it create two folders one capital and one small case, whereas this does not happen when using all lower case letters for the name?
Last update on March 4, 2016 by Gatsby.
Be the first person to like this.
Donna(data66)
When creating a new theme, the theme source select does not provide a literal "Default Blank" but "Bootstrap" instead.
If a theme is created and named with all lower case text (i.e.themename worldclass) I see these folders in the flavors directory:
bootstrap
worldclass
Now, starting with a bootstrap only folder in the flavors directory, and a theme is created and named with the the first letter capitalized (Worldclass), instead I get these,
bootstrap
Worldclass
worldclass
The Capitalized instance contains the assets/autoload and the small case folder doesnt. The small case worldclass folder appears a third third theme in the theme select page named bootstrap (I now have 2 bootstrap themes and 1 Worldclass theme).
The theme documentation yet does not explain how the custom css gets migrated into Worldclass/assets
/autoload.css.
When I replace autoload.css content with the main css code for custom theme, the Theme name changes from Worldclass to "Bootstrap" in the theme selector and the styles do not take, even after refreshing cache. So now I have three themes all named Bootstrap in the theme select page.
If I try to append the css content for the custom theme to the end of autoload.css content, it does the same thing.
The question remains unaddressed by the documentation, how does one migrate custom css code into the autoload.css? It is some 27000 lines long.
A second one now arises, how to keep the theme name from reverting from Worldclass to Bootstrap in the theme selector when a change is made to Worldclass/assets/autoload.css?
And a third one, why when naming a Capitalized named does it create two folders one capital and one small case, whereas this does not happen when using all lower case letters for the name?
Are you using v4.3? I'm pretty sure we've not released it to devs yet as we didn't have a way to. Please try in 4.3 as we had some fixes but I will put this link in our staff area for someone to check in case this issue is not resolved in 4.3 but I thought it was.
Note, I don't mean that as a smart aleck response. I was making sure we hadn't put an rc in the downloads that I didn't know about.
Last update on March 5, 2016 by Donna(data66).
Donna(data66)
Hmmm. We should have said in the tutorial that it's for 4.3 as 4.2.2 does not have that blank theme.
Gatsby
Hmmm. We should have said in the tutorial that it's for 4.3 as 4.2.2 does not have that blank theme.
4.2.2 or 4.3, the issue is how the custom 27000 line CSS gets into the new themes autoload.css without breaking things.
Donna(data66)
4.2.2 or 4.3, the issue is how the custom 27000 line CSS gets into the new themes autoload.css without breaking things.
Sorry it's very hectic. I meant to say please try in 4.3 when it is released this week.
Gatsby
Sorry it's very hectic. I meant to say please try in 4.3 when it is released this week.
No need to apologize for anything. Its been quite a roller coaster ride for you I am sure (not to mention the others). Were only human.
Donna(data66)
No need to apologize for anything. Its been quite a roller coaster ride for you I am sure (not to mention the others). Were only human.
You may be but I'm becoming a zombie lol.
Where do I see the 27000 lines btw? Which file in the flavors folder?