I have installed the latest phpfox and everything is fine but when I am trying to remove the index.php, by creating .htaccess and using this from my admin :
And trying to enable from admin it says -> The /.htaccess file seems to be missing our Rewrite rules or this server does not support Mod_Rewrite.
I have contacted with my server support they said : " mod_rewrite is indeed loaded, but PHP can't confirm this with Apache, because it's running under FastCGI instead of an Apache module"
And suggested to cintact phpfox support !!!
Please help ! .
Last update on March 29, 2016 by Donna(data66).
Be the first person to like this.
Alternate-News Network
I have installed the latest phpfox and everything is fine but when I am trying to remove the index.php, by creating .htaccess and using this from my admin : # START PHPfox Rewrite Options -Indexes <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(file)/(.*) PF.Base/$1/$2 RewriteRule ^static/ajax.php index.php RewriteRule ^themes/default/(.*) PF.Base/theme/default/$1 RewriteRule ^(static|theme|module)/(.*) PF.Base/$1/$2 RewriteRule ^(Apps|themes)/(.*) PF.Site/$1/$2 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php/$1 </IfModule> # END PHPfox Rewrite And trying to enable from admin it says -> The /.htaccess file seems to be missing our Rewrite rules or this server does not support Mod_Rewrite. I have contacted with my server support they said : " mod_rewrite is indeed loaded, but PHP can't confirm this with Apache, because it's running under FastCGI instead of an Apache module" And suggested to cintact phpfox support !!! Please help ! .
.htaccess has to run under Apache... Everything for links to your site has to, or that has been my experience over the past 20+ years... You'll probably have to reconfigure your Apache... Are you running Linux and cPanel? If you are, it's easy... Let me know if you are and I'll guide you through it...
Yes you are right ! I am using Linux with cPanel, It will be a great help, please tell me how can I do that ?
Neil
Hi Saki,
Please submit a ticket (http://clients.phpfox.com/) with admin account and ftp (or something else that I can modify file on your server), I will check for you.
I did already
Donna(data66)
I did already
No, you did not answer the ticket. Please log in and provide the details we requested in the ticket. Thanks.
Please check the ticket, I did it !
Hello Donna any luck to solved that ? please let me know
Bravo to Spaninet :-) he helped me to solve the problem ! <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On # RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(file)/(.*) PF.Base/$1/$2 RewriteRule ^static/ajax.php index.php RewriteRule ^themes/default/(.*) PF.Base/theme/default/$1 RewriteRule ^(static|theme|module)/(.*) PF.Base/$1/$2 RewriteRule ^(Apps|themes)/(.*) PF.Site/$1/$2 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA] </IfModule>
Last update on March 30, 2016 by Donna(data66).
Donna(data66)
Bravo to Spaninet :-) he helped me to solve the problem ! <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On # RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(file)/(.*) PF.Base/$1/$2 RewriteRule ^static/ajax.php index.php RewriteRule ^themes/default/(.*) PF.Base/theme/default/$1 RewriteRule ^(static|theme|module)/(.*) PF.Base/$1/$2 RewriteRule ^(Apps|themes)/(.*) PF.Site/$1/$2 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA] </IfModule>
One reason it is good to search as this was posted in other threads. Note that I edited your post instead of deleting it. You did not post per our rules and you had not put code tags for your code. Next time I will delete for our safety. Glad it is resolved. Please search next time as you will find answers faster.
@ Spaninet:
Thanks You Boss.
With This I Also Resolved My Issue.
Makfoulie
Bravo to Spaninet :-) he helped me to solve the problem ! RewriteEngine On # RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(file)/(.*) PF.Base/$1/$2 RewriteRule ^static/ajax.php index.php RewriteRule ^themes/default/(.*) PF.Base/theme/default/$1 RewriteRule ^(static|theme|module)/(.*) PF.Base/$1/$2 RewriteRule ^(Apps|themes)/(.*) PF.Site/$1/$2 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
thanks a lot it help me too on V4.5 ;)

wow 3 years later all of a sudden  my site running 4.8.2 stops working for no reason ERROR 500...after all day trouble shooting with my host i paste this 3 year old code into my .htaccess on  a whim and all of a sudden my site is working!!

its like my .htaccess was deleted or changed who knows...but this code is apparently MAGIC!!!

haha spoke too soon i can login and also login to admin cp and its all good but then when i click on browse members ERROR 500

geez i wonder why phpfox just randomly breaks itself...??

JohnJr

try to delete /cache folder

/PF.Base/file/cache

delete what is inside the cache folder and try again to refresh site.

Last update on January 10, 2021 by JohnJr.