Carlos
How best to navigate through his situation...
I've been playing around trying to get a clear grip of the how to's hands on and if it's not one thing it becomes another.
1) - Photo: Uploading is not grabbing the photo in some instances it stays stuck on uploading, in others it appears to have uploaded it but it's either black or clear (see through-nothing),
2) - File Folders: Note once upload and install under PF.Base isn't there suppose to be a file created for images (pic) that be missing so I create one.
3) - Even when attempting to config the theme logo, favicon, or background banners it's blank, nothing looking within the asset folder nothing it there when either those folder are writable or not same issue.
These issues appear the same one two different browsers I.E., Firefox both updated.
On a dedicated windows os.
How searched seeking similar issues and solutions to no avail.
How tried the debugging f12 almost all of it returns 304's
Note: The Front page banners show only when I manually place the photos in it's folder, have been attempting the same for both favicon and logo with not luck..
What am I leaving out?
Attached are images of what uploaded image looks like one was scrolled over to enhance it's location, the other was with a dot in the middle then it goes black..
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Be the first person to like this.
Donna(data66)
Please post according to the stickied guidelines so all info is in your posts.
Donna(data66)
It sounds like an install issue since you say the pic folder was missing. You should reinstall as you are probably missing more folders.
Carlos
I will reinstall.
I have tried going by the "stickied guidelines' which is why I questioned If I was leaving anything out that was required according to those guidelines..
Question: should legacy be installed than the update on top of that or just the lastest update? I had just installed the latest release.
Thanks for prompt reply..
Please post according to the stickied guidelines so all info is in your posts.
It sounds like an install issue since you say the pic folder was missing. You should reinstall as you are probably missing more folders.
Carlos
I've done two (2) new installs one the 3.9.0 (Legacy version), which installed the pic folder within the file folder - the other new install Neutron 4.3.2-b5, which did not install the pic folder within the PF.Base/file folder
(photos are attached)
Note: Both these installs are complete and still intact.
I am about to do another install now using the 3.9.0 legacy, then on top of that install will try upgrading to the latest Neutron 4.3.2-b5 to see if it's combination creates the file pic within the upgrade itself and allows for the use of the latest Neutron release itself.
Am I on the right track? Have I left something out? What else should Be taken a look at?
Carlos
I didn't install the last legacy release then the latest neutron on top of that as stated, what I've done after numerous attempt installing to see if the pic folder would install was during the install of the latest neutron I kepted a close eye one the "file" folder and the progress of the install so that once it stated that it started installing apps I created the folder "pic" and while the install continued it started creating other folders within that pic folder.
So a fresh install of Neutron 4.3.2-b3 to 4.3.2-b5 is not creating the "pic" folder.... after several attempts to figure out what was amiss. :angry:
Note: Not an upgrade "Fresh Install"
After the install completed it appears I can now upload photos via the theme editor and on my profile... Now, I am left wondering what else may have not installed automatically and why the pic folder was not created as suppose to?
So, I ask can a structure of all folders created by a fresh install of neutron by located somewhere so that myself, maybe others who may come across the same issue refer to to ensure the install as far as folder structure was complete.
"The photo issue I had originally is resolved" :smiley: not as it supposed to be resolved, but surely test are called for on your end to ensure if and why such is happening?
So by Donna confirming the "pic" folder should've been installed it led me to this idea and it's working!!!
Thank You
Donna(data66)
I didn't install the last legacy release then the latest neutron on top of that as stated, what I've done after numerous attempt installing to see if the pic folder would install was during the install of the latest neutron I kepted a close eye one the "file" folder and the progress of the install so that once it stated that it started installing apps I created the folder "pic" and while the install continued it started creating other folders within that pic folder.
So a fresh install of Neutron 4.3.2-b3 to 4.3.2-b5 is not creating the "pic" folder.... after several attempts to figure out what was amiss. :angry:
Note: Not an upgrade "Fresh Install"
After the install completed it appears I can now upload photos via the theme editor and on my profile... Now, I am left wondering what else may have not installed automatically and why the pic folder was not created as suppose to?
So, I ask can a structure of all folders created by a fresh install of neutron by located somewhere so that myself, maybe others who may come across the same issue refer to to ensure the install as far as folder structure was complete.
"The photo issue I had originally is resolved" :smiley: not as it supposed to be resolved, but surely test are called for on your end to ensure if and why such is happening?
So by Donna confirming the "pic" folder should've been installed it led me to this idea and it's working!!!
Thank You
If you send us a ticket for this, we can check the issue but we did send this link to a core developer and he fixed something in v4.4 for the few clients with this issue. Note it is a very small % with this issue.
If you installed v3, then you have the file structure :) follow this guide (always check our kb btw, it will save you grief in the future), https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Cleaning+up+V3+Files+after+Upgrade