BrainChild
No new users can register." I keep getting Captcha failed. Please try again."when I test it. I removed the re-capture app but still getting the error. How can I turn off the other captcha? I can't find that setting anywhere? It breaks my heart. I have had so much trouble with the new releases.
Donna(data66)
Oh don't ever enable the other captcha as it had a bug and I don't recall if it was put in the github. You'll need to go in admin and search Captcha and disable it and clear cache. Recaptcha works fine. Captcha does not work at all and it hides from the form.
Gatsby
Oh don't ever enable the other captcha as it had a bug and I don't recall if it was put in the github. You'll need to go in admin and search Captcha and disable it and clear cache. Recaptcha works fine. Captcha does not work at all and it hides from the form.
This is kind of an important bug. Not all site admins want to ping Googles awareness as to the identity of every user on their site through the forced use of its re-captcha api. The regular standalone captcha needs to work so there is not an unconditional Google dependency in the form of the only anti-spam option available.
Last update on July 9, 2016 by Gatsby.
Be the first person to like this.
Donna(data66)
I just tested it again and it seems to work. I'm using v4.4 beta1 with default theme and no edits or apps.
Mohammed Alex

HOW DO WE LOGIN BACK AGAIN TO ADMIN WHEN CAPTCHA TURNS AN ERROR ...

Vivian

HOW DO WE LOGIN BACK AGAIN TO ADMIN WHEN CAPTCHA TURNS AN ERROR ...

Hi Mohammed Alex,

Accessing to your database and find table "_apps" and then set value for "is_active" column of "Core_Captcha" app is 0 to turn off Captcha app.

You can log in to your site generally after turn off Captcha app

Mohammed Alex

thanks Vivian for your post ...however i host my site en aws and it seems that changes brought to RDS are not applied to eC2 server...

Mohammed Alex

am talkin of the recaptcha ...

Mohammed Alex

Since i am getting no response from Vivian, who i think works with phpfox, but since she did not introduce herself i could not guess.

Anyway, we spent hours and hours but its always faster than any kind of support that both younetco and phpfox can provide you...to fix this matter.

WE ADVISE NOT TO TOUCH THAT SETTINGS BECAUSE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO LOG IN BACK TO ADMIN unless you can  go through the server complexitiy.

No warning has been mentionned on the page in question in admin...a total wasrte of resource and time for such simple little thing.

Vivian

Sorry for this inconvenience. We'll discuss and improve in next version