Dear all,
I saw this request even in archived developers forum. Can someone help me with this? How can we remove or hide "ABC is now friends with XYZ" on news feed.. there are so many of them that important updates are missed out.
Please advise.
Donna(data66)
Dear all, I saw this request even in archived developers forum. Can someone help me with this? How can we remove or hide "ABC is now friends with XYZ" on news feed.. there are so many of them that important updates are missed out. Please advise.
There is no way other than source code edit or find a way to make a plugin. The old way caused database issues on large active sites. It was a plugin though and is in the old forum v3 area. If you find it and do that one, it could cause issues on your site. You could get a third party dev to make an app using a hook if the hook is still there for it.

This should be a core feature to turn this off.  Looks bad to have this in the feed.

Is this an option now in the Friend's module?  I see a blurb that is fairly ambiguous.

Allow posting on Main Feed
Allow posting to Main Feed when someone is a friend.

** This seems to stop the "xyz is now friend with abc" in the main feed.

JohnJr

The text reads as it should not post in the feed.

I just used this...as it works for third-party add-ons as well as you look under the manage tab and look what the last 50 feed post and their variable to exclude.

https://store.phpfox.com/apps/feed-bypass

Be the first person to like this.