Store Community Support Documentation
Dear all,
I installed v4.4.1b2 2 days back and as per documentation in knowledge base I enabled redis cache: https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Redis
Then I refereed to cached options link: https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Cache+Opti...
and selected redis, provided host as 127.0.0.1 and port as 6379. which updated cache.sett.php as below:
After doing this, my site crashes throwing 500 internal error, only way I could recover the site was by resetting this file: cache.sett.php
Please note that I have Redis cluster setup on AWS using the same VPC security group used by EC2.
I have 2 questions:
1) What is the purpose of cache.sett.php? and why was server crashing after I set it, was I doing anything wrong?
2) How do I test if I have setup redis cache correctly or not?
Please advise.
Last update on August 18, 5:39 pm by Donna(data66).
Please read our posted forum rules. You did not put your code in code tags so it was deleted. Please always put code in code tags as our example shows.
I believe the core developers said you can use one or the other but not both in regards to redis.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hi Donna! My site crashed after changing to redis cache as well. Is this a bug?
settings:
redis host:tcp://127.0.0.1
port:6379
Now i'm getting:
if(!$class){
throw new \InvalidArgumentException("Unexpected service {$key}");
}
Put in redis host:tcp://127.0.0.1:6379 and port:6379
I don't know why there is the port option...it leads us to a 500 error. It should be instructed to write all address in the host.
No Redis cache at all? I can't make ir work.
Also, i can't find Redis app.
Hi @Osii this is very old thread. Can I know which version of phpfox are you using right now?
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hi Osii,
We can help you if you can give the issues that you have gotten.
Regards.
Neil.