mrfenix
Hi there,
Since I have upgrade from 3.8 to 4.5.x the public_html/file folder keeps recreating itself and cloning the contents of public_html/PF.base/file
I cannot get rid of it and it's taking up a lot of space on my server.
Thanks,
Chris
Be the first person to like this.
Neil
Hi there,
Since I have upgrade from 3.8 to 4.5.x the public_html/file folder keeps recreating itself and cloning the contents of public_html/PF.base/file
I cannot get rid of it and it's taking up a lot of space on my server.
Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris,
You can follow this tutorial to clean up your site after upgrade.
Regards,
Neil.
mrfenix
Hi Chris,
You can follow this tutorial to clean up your site after upgrade.
Regards,
Neil.
I have done that long ago. When I remove public_html/file folder it keeps recreating itself and cloning the contents of public_html/PF.base/file.
Neil
I have done that long ago. When I remove public_html/file folder it keeps recreating itself and cloning the contents of public_html/PF.base/file.
Hi Chris,
By default, on V3, we save the static files to file/. On v4, we save the static files to PF.Base/file/. When you upgrade from V3 to V4, we create the new directory PF.Base/file/ and do not delete the directory file/. When you clean up your server, the directory file/ is moved and merged with PF.Base/file/. If you did our steps correct, the contents are not duplicate.
Regards,
Neil.
Last update on February 3, 2017 by Neil.
mrfenix
Hi Neil,
Yes. I "moved" the correct folder/files. But after moving the folder there should not be a "file" bolder in the parent directory?
What I'm saying is the "file" folder is automatically created even after I move/merge it into PF.Base/file/
Robert
Hi Neil,
Yes. I "moved" the correct folder/files. But after moving the folder there should not be a "file" bolder in the parent directory?
What I'm saying is the "file" folder is automatically created even after I move/merge it into PF.Base/file/
Hi Chris,
Are you using phpFox CDN on your site?
mrfenix
I'm not. But, I did manage to resolve this issue by recreating my theme from scratch. :)
mrfenix
I'm not. But, I did manage to resolve this issue by recreating my theme from scratch. :)
That's an error! I replied to the wrong thread. Sorry. But this issue has been resolved, I had a custom cron job running which previously fixed a bug but you/your team has fixed it since so I simply remove the cron job.