Store Community Support Documentation
Is there a way to remove the upload from computer on feed? This is new, but i want users to only use youtube share feature. This feature still try to upload videos although its disabled.
This is new, but i want to remove it so users can only share youtube video.
For a better idea, I want to remove the ability to upload videos, and just use youtube or any other video sites links it will use as before. Whatever the video link features already have is good enough.
Its not link related, its upload!!! Do Want To Allow Upload...But as stated, its not core, its a app, so please just disregard. Thank You
Sorry, I posted wrong app...here is the one I meant
https://store.phpfox.com/product/1606/status-mod
*Not Want To Allow
Its not link related, its upload!!! Do Not Want To Allow Upload...But as stated, its not core, its a app, so please just disregard. Thank You
wow, I just noticed that..how do you have Upload on there?? Mine just says "Paste a URL"
Younet feature, i don't know why they put it on there. Its nothing but a money hustle feature...POINTLESS!
does the video upload to your site? or is that the one that lets users upload to their youtube account?
Yes, its the one to upload to youtube. But it shouldn't require for me to set up ffmpeg, And to share a video link and upload video content is clearly 2 separate features, always have been. The phpfox core is set up that way, its an share or upload feature, or both if you wish. That eliminates the hassle from having to set up ffmpeg. I found the file I'm playing with it now, i requested to have it removed, but turns out a custom request, or wait until the future releases...Things that makes sense takes little patients now-a-days, or go pay for support. Thats our only 2 options!
does the video upload to your site? or is that the one that lets users upload to their youtube account?
wouldnt just deactivating that app do what you need and revert it back to share a link? I'm about sick of V4 and thinking of going back to V3.9 where at least most the stuff worked
Yes, but i like the app itself serves a purpose. You can freely link youtube videos that utilize they server has nothing to do with me. I can add that content from movies, music videos, and so much more...Not the case if you try to host your own Video site. I figured that out like 7 years ago when i owned a youtube type site. I already passed that torch to anyone who wants to dwell in that area, but i refuse to do-so to date. I can upload a full length movie to YouTube on my YouTube account, share it with the world and not pay a dime. Why would i bother to compete with that?
wouldnt just deactivating that app do what you need and revert it back to share a link? I'm about sick of V4 and thinking of going back to V3.9 where at least most the stuff worked
Is there a way to remove the upload from computer on feed? This is new, but i want users to only use youtube share feature. This feature still try to upload videos although its disabled.
This is new, but i want to remove it so users can only share youtube video.
Hi awg,
We can confirm with you that by default, phpFox Video App have feature to support users can upload their videos, but it requires Zencoder and Amazon S3 accounts, so please help us to double check on the settings Video App on your site, left empty all below settings will remove the upload form:
- Zencoder API Key
- Amazon S3 Access Key
- Amazon S3 Secret
- Amazon S3 Bucket
- Provide the S3, CloudFront or Custom URL
If you do this way and the upload form still there so may be you had some customizations (like you said on previous reply: it from YouNet), please contact with the developers to fix the issue.
Thanks for the reply, but this was a app, not core. I usually worked with the core settings to share only, not upload. The app remains the problem with this odd feature.
Hi awg,
We can confirm with you that by default, phpFox Video App have feature to support users can upload their videos, but it requires Zencoder and Amazon S3 accounts, so please help us to double check on the settings Video App on your site, left empty all below settings will remove the upload form:
- Zencoder API Key
- Amazon S3 Access Key
- Amazon S3 Secret
- Amazon S3 Bucket
- Provide the S3, CloudFront or Custom URL
If you do this way and the upload form still there so may be you had some customizations (like you said on previous reply: it from YouNet), please contact with the developers to fix the issue.
Thanks for the reply, but this was a app, not core. I usually worked with the core settings to share only, not upload. The app remains the problem with this odd feature.
Hi awg,
We cannot understand your issue clearly but same as the previous reply, we confirm that phpFox Videos App is a Core app and by default, it supports both methods: share link and upload videos.
Last update on February 23, 3:22 am by Robert.
1 Liked
 likes this.
I understand, its a app setting, not core. The core video works fine.
Hi awg,
We cannot understand your issue clearly but same as the previous reply, we confirm that phpFox Videos App is a Core app and by default, it supports both methods: share link and upload videos.
1 Liked
 likes this.