Store Community Support Documentation
I'm getting a redirect after someone tries to register on my website.
After completing the captcha they are taken to a blank screen (500 Internal Server error) with the URL: https://www.mydomain.com/user/register
After upgrading to 4.5.1b2 no one is able to register on my website.
Any ideas what could be causing this issue?
When you're logged in, go to settings and in settings menu at the top in the search input type: "Captcha Type"
Tanks so much for the instant reply. You helped me very well. :)
1 Liked
 likes this.
User's cannot request their passwords if this is enabled. This is getting pathetic.
LITERALLY, the most vital parts of a social network aren't working in Phpfox.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Following the instructions giving for this Registration 500 error, I was able to fix the issue on my site. However, there is another issue when Resetting the password.
Click on Forget Password, enter the email address, check the captcha box and select the correct response. Once submit, I received a "CAPTCHA FAILED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN" error. A friend of mine pointed that out to me.
Any assistance please?
You can use the default captcha method until the phpfox team fixes the bug.
Under "captcha type" select "captcha"
Yes, that's what I used. The registration works fine; but when click on Forget Password, that's when I received the other issue with "Failed Captcha". So because of that, I use "default" as captcha type.
You can use the default captcha method until the phpfox team fixes the bug.
Under "captcha type" select "captcha"
Hi guys,
After checking on our test sites, we can confirm with you that we already have a problem with phpFox reCaptcha app. We will fix it as soon as possible and we will notice the status in here.
Thanks for your all contributions.
Hi all,
The bug of phpFox reCaptcha app will be fixed in 4.5.2.
Is there a time schedule for the release of 4.5.2?
Regards
Oliver and Simon
1 Liked
 likes this.
Just another question:
Since we can not use the reCaptcha-App, there are so many fake/spam-accounts registering on our community.
Without captcha and with normal captcha.
Do you have the same issue?
They all do not verifiy their account by email. But they are obviously all spam-accounts from outside Europe.
Hope we can use reCaptcha again soon.
Regards,
Oliver and Simon
Just another question:
Since we can not use the reCaptcha-App, there are so many fake/spam-accounts registering on our community.
Without captcha and with normal captcha.
Do you have the same issue?
They all do not verifiy their account by email. But they are obviously all spam-accounts from outside Europe.
Hope we can use reCaptcha again soon.
Regards,
Oliver and Simon
Activate the captcha that comes with the core script.
We did.
But there are so many fakes/spam, even with the core-capture. Only reCaptcha works fine against bots. But core-version and app-version got the issues at registration or password-reset.
Regards,
Oliver and Simon
Hi Simon Clemens,
We can confirm that you can use reCaptcha with captcha core-script and it works fine with registration and password-reset features. You can use it by following below steps:
step 1: Go to admincp -> Apps -> select Captcha app (not reCaptcha)
step 2: in the setting page: select "ReCaptcha" for Captcha Type, then fill in "reCAPTCHA Public Key" and "reCAPTCHA Private Key" with your reCaptcha info.
Last update on February 28, 3:31 am by Robert.
Hi Simon Clemens,
We can confirm that you can use reCaptcha with captcha core-script and it works fine with registration and password-reset features. You can use it by following below steps:
step 1: Go to admincp -> Apps -> select Captcha app (not reCaptcha)
step 2: in the setting page: select "ReCaptcha" for Captcha Type, then fill in "reCAPTCHA Public Key" and "reCAPTCHA Private Key" with your reCaptcha info.
Hi Robert, How come everyone on this thread can't get it to work? I've tried it on my dev and live site with no luck. The Password reset does not work.
Captcha failed. Please try again.
Hi Robert, How come everyone on this thread can't get it to work? I've tried it on my dev and live site with no luck. The Password reset does not work.
@Robert, The instructions you gave us work for the registration form; but it doesn't work when trying to RESET password. If you try resetting your password now, you'll get the "Captcha failed. Please try again." error.
@Robert, The instructions you gave us work for the registration form; but it doesn't work when trying to RESET password. If you try resetting your password now, you'll get the "Captcha failed. Please try again." error.
Hi alls,
So sorry about the confirmation, this is our mistake. There is a issue with captcha feature on "Reset password" function. This bug will be fixed in 4.5.2 that will be released soon in March.
Thanks for your reports and sorry about this inconvenience.