Store Community Support Documentation
I'm getting a redirect after someone tries to register on my website.
After completing the captcha they are taken to a blank screen (500 Internal Server error) with the URL: https://www.mydomain.com/user/register
After upgrading to 4.5.1b2 no one is able to register on my website.
Any ideas what could be causing this issue?
Okay! It seems the issue was caused by settings being reset after the upgrade. My reCaptcha public and private key field was blank! A whole bunch of settings has been reset back to default too.
EVERYONE should double check that they can register on their sites....
Okay! It seems the issue was caused by settings being reset after the upgrade. My reCaptcha public and private key field was blank! A whole bunch of settings has been reset back to default too.
EVERYONE should double check that they can register on their sites....
Actually, registration does not work at all if you have recaptcha enabled under the apps section. Could someone please confirm this?
Actually, registration does not work at all if you have recaptcha enabled under the apps section. Could someone please confirm this?
Hope this helps someone else.
1. Disable the reCaptcha app.
2. Enable Captcha on Registration
3 change Captcha Type to reCaptcha.
4. Insert your private and public key.
5. Registration and reCaptcha will work again.
2 Liked
and  like this
Hi mrfenix,
Thanks for report. We will spend time to check this issue and inform here if we find out any problems with it.
Last update on February 17, 11:19 am by Robert.
Thank you for the instructions. I was having the same issue with my website, by following the steps I was able to get it fixed.:punch:
1 Liked
 likes this.
Thank you for the instructions. I was having the same issue with my website, by following the steps I was able to get it fixed.:punch:
Glad it helped you! :ok_hand:
Hey,
i have/had the same issue.
Where do i have to change Captcha to reCaptcha (Step 3)?
Cant find an option to do this after enable Captcha in the registration-options.
Maybe i am just blind.
Thanks
GeekGamers
Where do i have to change Captcha to reCaptcha (Step 3)?
When you're logged in, go to settings and in settings menu at the top in the search input type: "Captcha Type"
When you're logged in, go to settings and in settings menu at the top in the search input type: "Captcha Type"
Tanks so much for the instant reply. You helped me very well. :)
1 Liked
 likes this.
User's cannot request their passwords if this is enabled. This is getting pathetic.
LITERALLY, the most vital parts of a social network aren't working in Phpfox.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Following the instructions giving for this Registration 500 error, I was able to fix the issue on my site. However, there is another issue when Resetting the password.
Click on Forget Password, enter the email address, check the captcha box and select the correct response. Once submit, I received a "CAPTCHA FAILED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN" error. A friend of mine pointed that out to me.
Any assistance please?
You can use the default captcha method until the phpfox team fixes the bug.
Under "captcha type" select "captcha"
Yes, that's what I used. The registration works fine; but when click on Forget Password, that's when I received the other issue with "Failed Captcha". So because of that, I use "default" as captcha type.
You can use the default captcha method until the phpfox team fixes the bug.
Under "captcha type" select "captcha"
Hi guys,
After checking on our test sites, we can confirm with you that we already have a problem with phpFox reCaptcha app. We will fix it as soon as possible and we will notice the status in here.
Thanks for your all contributions.
Hi all,
The bug of phpFox reCaptcha app will be fixed in 4.5.2.