Store Community Support Documentation
Prior to the last update of phpfox4.5.1 or wherever we are now, I reported that adult photos were still showing up in the thumbnails when photos marked 'strict' were added to the site in the 'groups/pages' area.... at least they were in the albums. Subsequently there was a fix for this...
HOWEVER, now I notice that thumbnails of photos marked 'strict' still show up in areas of the main photo section, as well as in the feeds... when viewed by guests and probably others, although I haven't checked.
I wish it was possible for me to use the new version but since I do allow adult photos it is just impossible and I have removed the software from my site...
In my prior report I showed examples... but to be honest I just don't have the time to go creating a test site for phpfox...
If this issue is ever completely resolved I would love to use V4... until then nope...
Prior to the last update of phpfox4.5.1 or wherever we are now, I reported that adult photos were still showing up in the thumbnails when photos marked 'strict' were added to the site in the 'groups/pages' area.... at least they were in the albums. Subsequently there was a fix for this...
HOWEVER, now I notice that thumbnails of photos marked 'strict' still show up in areas of the main photo section, as well as in the feeds... when viewed by guests and probably others, although I haven't checked.
I wish it was possible for me to use the new version but since I do allow adult photos it is just impossible and I have removed the software from my site...
In my prior report I showed examples... but to be honest I just don't have the time to go creating a test site for phpfox...
If this issue is ever completely resolved I would love to use V4... until then nope...
I think this has always been an issue throughout v4.
Does this occur in private groups?
Does this occur in private groups?
Okay... thanks for the question and by virtue of same, the hint.
NO it does not occur in private groups... so I will go back to using the software and ensure adult photos occur only in private groups...
Still, I hope that phpfox will create an upgrade with a much more discreet parsing of adult photos at some point.
Terry
Didn't mean to offend...I remember Mandi was having issues with privacy of images and I thought they said they fixed it. Didn't know if these was connected or something.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Heck ...
You didn't offend at all.. I was pleased to see your reply.
Terry
And in fact I am now once again using V4.5.1
Hi TorontoGuy,
After discussing with development team, we have an answer for you about this issue:
when we check the reported issue from github, we found some case that still show mature photos to guests and probably others:
+ Share a photo in a album of pages/groups, the mature photos still can be viewed on the feed
+ Album listings page: if a album has all mature photos, it will use one as thumbnail and can be view by everyone
+ Album detail page of page/group: when listing all photos, he mature photos still can be viewed by everyone
But we missed a case to fix that: share multi photos on groups/pages and the feed still show mature photos guests and probably others, so this is our mistake, we so sorry about this. We will fix this case in 4.5.2.
Thanks for your report and sorry about this inconvenience.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hi TorontoGuy,
After discussing with development team, we have an answer for you about this issue:
when we check the reported issue from github, we found some case that still show mature photos to guests and probably others:
+ Share a photo in a album of pages/groups, the mature photos still can be viewed on the feed
+ Album listings page: if a album has all mature photos, it will use one as thumbnail and can be view by everyone
+ Album detail page of page/group: when listing all photos, he mature photos still can be viewed by everyone
But we missed a case to fix that: share multi photos on groups/pages and the feed still show mature photos guests and probably others, so this is our mistake, we so sorry about this. We will fix this case in 4.5.2.
Thanks for your report and sorry about this inconvenience.
Could we also have it that:
+ people under a specific age cannot see mature photos.
+ People that are over the age can turn on/off mature content in case they don't want to see mature content.
+ People that are over the age can turn on/off mature content in case they don't want to see mature content.
That would probably best be a feature request rather than a bug request....
And while we are talking adult photo viewing features I have long wanted and it never seems possible to get a feature that allows us to toggle whether specific membership groups can see adult photos or not.
Not sure why this is so difficult to program but then I am not a programmer..
1 Liked
 likes this.
Being that I am a programmer (of other code) it would not be that difficult at all but it would add another query to the ever expanding queries of checks.
But in theory you would check that image in the table to see if the record indicates that it is a mature image. You would compare that to the table to whether the person trying to open the image has permission to do so according to their group permission.
Hi mrfenix,
Thanks for your suggestions. We will consider to support them in the future.